"Portable" PS3

Discussion in 'PS3 - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by Tom, Nov 27, 2012.

Nov 27, 2012

"Portable" PS3 by Tom at 10:48 PM (345 Views / 0 Likes) 6 Comments

Tom Gbatemp's Unofficial Modder

Message Count:
    United States
    Kicking around the idea of a "Portable" Ps3, Really it's just a controller, display and wireless a/v reciever. The system Itself would nee d to be turned on for it to work . Other people have made ones that resemble tablets but I Don't want to cut open a controller and do that. My idea is a clamp on thing, That clamps on to the controller with a screen mounted + a/v reciever + Battery . What do you think?

ComeTurismO Look out, bitch. I'm watching you.

Message Count:
    Canada
    Do you think this can actually happen?

Message Count:
    United States
    A wireless a/v setup has been done for the ps3 before just as a different design, I know the screen and battery will be small enough but I don't know about the reciever
    • Reporter

FAST6191 Techromancer

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    If you are lazy I have seen cases around ( GAEMS G155 being the most common) that are not that pricey and work well enough from what I have seen.

Beyond that I know the Wii and 360 use 12V internally, afraid I have not really been party to installing games consoles this go around (most people that wander into the garage when I am there are after bluetooth phone kits and fancy stereos if they want "custom" things).
    That said I can get behind some of the square wave inverters these days (proper sine wave ones of reasonable power output are huge, expensive and heavy) unless you want to try repurposing a UPS.

Edit- I misread what you are going for... in that case yeah I can see that working. Perhaps grab one of those memory foam laptop things to sit on your lap and I reckon it could work well.

Ryupower Brood

Message Count:
    United States
    if sony would just unlock remote play for all games

then you can just use remote play with a vita and stream you game from the ps3 to the vita

there a "Portable" PS3 anywhere you can use the Internet
    Last edited by Ryupower, Nov 27, 2012

DiscostewSM New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    And without burning your hands?

Message Count:
    United States
    Either many do not understand or read it , It's not a portable system , just a screen which wirelessly receives the a/v of the ps3 and a controller