• I wait a little bit

Votes: 42 24.3%

• Total voters

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got mine in December last year. I've barely played it, since I let a friend borrow it for most of this year, but I did enjoy the little time I spent with it. The Xbox is a harder sell for me, since I'd rather just enjoy that library on a PC that I can upgrade. I like how snappy the UI is, and the sheer size of the thing is hilarious to me. Biggest complaint would be that it needs a stand to sit on it's side - freaks me out when it's not sitting properly and it rocks back and forth as I try and put a disc in.

It's nice being able to take full advantage of a 4K 120hz panel with a console in my living room.

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Got mine for basically nothing. Depending on how you would count it either cost me 200 bucks or i even get money for getting it. There is a special offer in germany where when you switch your Power/Gas Provider to Yello and Pay 200 Bucks you will get one. So i did that, pay now about 15 bucks a month less in Electricity, sold my PS4 Pro for about 220 Bucks and even got a nice 12 Month PS Plus code in addition to the PS5. It also is the Disc Edition. I do not plan in owning any Physical Copies but still nice to have a Bluerayplayer on top.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got mine for basically nothing. Depending on how you would count it either cost me 200 bucks or i even get money for getting it. There is a special offer in germany where when you switch your Power/Gas Provider to Yello and Pay 200 Bucks you will get one. So i did that, pay now about 15 bucks a month less in Electricity, sold my PS4 Pro for about 220 Bucks and even got a nice 12 Month PS Plus code in addition to the PS5. It also is the Disc Edition. I do not plan in owning any Physical Copies but still nice to have a Bluerayplayer on top.
If your into jailbreaking, the ps5 has been confirmed exploited so do not update it any further

BlackZero500

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If your into jailbreaking, the ps5 has been confirmed exploited so do not update it any further
Well i am but not with the playstation anymore. Had a Hacked PS4 for some time but its such a hassle. Often even limits what games you can play alltogether and most of the time also locking you out of online play. Also i do not buy a console so i can only stare at it for the next Weeks/Months/Years. If i really wanna have a Jailbroken one later on there are always ways to get one once the Jailbreak/CFW/HEN is stable and Communitytested.

THAT SAID
I sure hope the team who is working on that goes through with it. Because there are more then enough people that can barely buy a Console at all let alone those ridiculously expensive games. And for many of them Hacked Consoles are the only way they can play games at all. And when they get back on their feet and can finally afford things they also tend to buy their games. Even ones they completed allready and may not play again. So Win Win.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sure, if you want to only play games up to a certain firmware and with no online. Go ahead, mod that PS5. Lmao.
You know that would be a problem.... only if the PS5 had any games worth going online for... Honestly exploiting a ps5 would just be a better jailbroken ps4. And since I'm "Full of it" the only game I actually played on it was FF7 Remake/Intergrade DLC

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You know that would be a problem.... only if the PS5 had any games worth going online for... Honestly exploiting a ps5 would just be a better jailbroken ps4. And since I'm "Full of it" the only game I actually played on it was FF7 Remake/Intergrade DLC

Stop acting like the PS5 doesn't have multiplatform titles and that the only thing playable on it are a few PS5 exclusives. You also sidestepped the FW fact. Enjoy playing nothing but old games because the jailbreak only allows for games up to a certain FW to be played. Just like with a modded PS4.

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Stop acting like the PS5 doesn't have multiplatform titles and that the only thing playable on it are a few PS5 exclusives. You also sidestepped the FW fact. Enjoy playing nothing but old games because the jailbreak only allows for games up to a certain FW to be played. Just like with a modded PS4.
I get it.. for some reason you hate my guts lol b/c its like you been insulting me ever since yesterday.
"Stop acting like the PS5 doesn't have multiplatform titles"
95% of those multiplats are fucking PS4 games with a possible PS5 upgrade option. Oh which btw some games are gated by payment just to upgrade. A jailbroken PS5 will be able to play every single new PS4 game thats out now with "free" PS5 upgrades, which the current PS4 exploit cannot do. Not trying to promote exploiting, b/c its offtopic if you dont want to JB then thats fine. Newer FW will get exploited aslong The Flow keeps doing what he does best.

Last edited by MasterJ360,

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There were no compelling games on the PS4 and it was a downgrade from an Xbone. I regret getting one for persona 5 and have been waiting to hack it ever since. At least the Switch still has pokemon, Fire emblem, and advance wars.

Reactions: MasterJ360

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There were no compelling games on the PS4 and it was a downgrade from an Xbone. I regret getting one for persona 5 and have been waiting to hack it ever since. At least the Switch still has pokemon, Fire emblem, and advance wars.
To this day I'm still shocked that the Switch has a massive library of RPG/JRPGS that rival PlayStation's. Its the main reason I stopped playing on my JB PS4. Since the PS5's current FW is exploited it will atleast catch up on the PS4 multiplats that Nintendo has already gained. If ppl decide to opt out on a Switch over a PS5 its definitely not a bad choice escpecially how hard it is to even get 1 during the Holiday season.

Reactions: HK-51

HK-51

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
To this day I'm still shocked that the Switch has a massive library of RPG/JRPGS that rival PlayStation's. Its the main reason I stopped playing on my JB PS4. Since the PS5's current FW is exploited it will atleast catch up on the PS4 multiplats that Nintendo has already gained. If ppl decide to opt out on a Switch over a PS5 its definitely not a bad choice escpecially how hard it is to even get 1 during the Holiday season.
I'm at the point where I may as well just trade in my PS4 for a few switch games.

Genuinely believe its artificial scarcity as a marketing tactic that even Microsoft and Nintendo are adopting with their consoles and not just the normal average holiday season since the PS5 and eventually other consoles have been out of stock ever since the PS5 came out, it having no real exclusives of its own that a Gaming PC doesnt already have.

I even waited about a week and found several retailers that still had BDSP switch lites and picked one up at the last second. Now a week later? Everything is sold out again. Especially with the skyrocketing resale prices of over %200-300 MSRP being common place.

I have yet to see a PS5 in real life and every time I try to discuss it online I get shouted down by a bunch of "no, nuh-uh, WRONG" shills who shut it down every time and clearly are an indicator that I'm right and will be on some youtube documentary in a few years about "HOW THE PS5 WAS SOOPER DOOPER SMART AND WON! clickbait"

Last edited by HK-51,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Lol Veho.