Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Ilive2frag

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
This is definately a big problem, I have babied my 3ds and I mean babied it since launch. I've even been closing the lid super slowly and keeping it in a well padded case and still smudges have started to appear.
dry.gif

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DeadlyFoez said:
KingVamp said:
I feel the smudges on screen has nothing to do with the design.
:facepalm:

Then what are they from? And why do they line up exactly with the lower screen?

I have a feeling that you are just too much of a fanboy to accept that Nintendo can create design flaws and then lie or make excuses to cover it up. You need to get your head out of the sand.
Sorry when thinking smudges, I was thinking something has to actually get into the 3ds to actually be smudged or fingerprints.

Sorry for not thinking smudges come from out of nowhere just because the screens touch.

Lacius

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I originally voted awhile back, I had the smudges but no scratches. I recently noticed that there are some small scratches starting to appear.
frown.gif

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
Sorry when thinking smudges, I was thinking something has to actually get into the 3ds to actually be smudged or fingerprints.

Sorry for not thinking smudges come from out of nowhere just because the screens touch.

This isn't an attack on you, but your responses to this remind me of the corporate "we're not going to help you, our product is perfect, you're using it wrong" responses. Normally I would agree w/ you on your points, but the 3DS is a filth magnet and seems fragile. Something about it causes my hands to sweat like no other video game controller or handheld I have ever played w/. Just leaving it on my desk it to charge overnight seems to attract dust like the Swiffer claims to. I've even tried wiping down my 3DS, washing my hands, then I play something using the slider, close the system, open the system later and blam I have a circular shaped ring of filth on my upper screen where the slider touched it.

Beyond the fact that the 3DS seems to collect dirt, those parts should NEVER touch. You shouldn't have to stick something in between them to make sure they don't. The whole point of a clam shell design is to protect the faces that are inside. How well are they protected if they touch each other when the device is closed? $20 flip phones don't have this flaw.

And as said many times: It's a freakin' portable, w/ things like Street Pass, Player Coins and such that even further encourage us to take it everywhere and leave it on all the time. It damn well should be designed to take what that sort of "life" is going to hand it. The DSlite has some serious design flaws as far as durability is a concern. The DSi shares everyone of those flaws and even exaggerates them further. Nintendo upped the "FLAW" meter again w/ the 3DS structurally speaking.

I don't have hinge wobble, upper screen scratches or any of the problems people are reporting. I haven't even bothered to update my firmware, because I'm not seeing any sort of instability w/ my 3DS (to be honest I'm afraid if I do update I'll start having those problems). None the less I see the physical design flaws... This thing IS going to destroy itself just because I dared to take my PORTABLE w/ me when I left my house.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
@Lacius I will try to add another poll question

@jceggbert5 woops, but I think you are within your rights to use a flashcard atm, in the agreement it says from the update it will render pirated material unuseable and possibly brick the 3DS, but only after the update, which you have to agree to, so dont. lol. I would change it at the shop you got it from, or send it to Ninty, they will be fine with it.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
@Lacius I will try to add another poll question

ok it lets me add a new question (DID SCRATCHES APPEAR SINCE VOTING YOU HAD NO SCRATCHES)
BUT
It wont let me vote on it though since I have already voted.

You may need to start a new topic/poll with this question included.

TO ALL THOSE SEEING WIPEABLE, CLEANABLE SMUDGES... THESE BECOME PERMANENT, you have been warned.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KidIce said:
KingVamp said:

This isn't an attack on you, but your responses to this remind me of the corporate "we're not going to help you, our product is perfect, you're using it wrong" responses. Normally I would agree w/ you on your points, but the 3DS is a filth magnet and seems fragile. Something about it causes my hands to sweat like no other video game controller or handheld I have ever played w/. Just leaving it on my desk it to charge overnight seems to attract dust like the Swiffer claims to. I've even tried wiping down my 3DS, washing my hands, then I play something using the slider, close the system, open the system later and blam I have a circular shaped ring of filth on my upper screen where the slider touched it.

Beyond the fact that the 3DS seems to collect dirt, those parts should NEVER touch. You shouldn't have to stick something in between them to make sure they don't. The whole point of a clam shell design is to protect the faces that are inside. How well are they protected if they touch each other when the device is closed? $20 flip phones don't have this flaw.

And as said many times: It's a freakin' portable, w/ things like Street Pass, Player Coins and such that even further encourage us to take it everywhere and leave it on all the time. It damn well should be designed to take what that sort of "life" is going to hand it. The DSlite has some serious design flaws as far as durability is a concern. The DSi shares everyone of those flaws and even exaggerates them further. Nintendo upped the "FLAW" meter again w/ the 3DS structurally speaking.

I don't have hinge wobble, upper screen scratches or any of the problems people are reporting. I haven't even bothered to update my firmware, because I'm not seeing any sort of instability w/ my 3DS (to be honest I'm afraid if I do update I'll start having those problems). None the less I see the physical design flaws... This thing IS going to destroy itself just because I dared to take my PORTABLE w/ me when I left my house.

How did you get the screen touching each other is not a flaw and it perfect? Never said any of that. All I meant was smudges just don't come out of nowhere and it has to be something there to get smudged. Wasn't acting like it was perfect or that the flaw isn't there.

Also I didn't get constant smudges or sweaty hands. I already agree with these comments. Except this is the first time I heard someone can it fragile which to me isn't true.

QUOTE(lostdwarf @ Apr 27 2011, 02:09 AM)
TO ALL THOSE SEEING WIPEABLE, CLEANABLE SMUDGES... THESE BECOME PERMANENT, you have been warned.
I don't see that as a fact specially if good at keeping them clean. Not like other ds' was dust proof or whatever.

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KingVamp said:
How did you get the screen touching each other is not a flaw and it perfect? Never said any of that. All I meant was smudges just don't come out of nowhere and it has to be something there to get smudged. Wasn't acting like it was perfect or that the flaw isn't there.

Also I didn't get constant smudges or sweaty hands. I already agree with these comments. Except this is the first time I heard someone can it fragile which to me isn't true.

lostdwarf said:
I don't see that as a fact specially if good at keeping them clean. Not like other ds' was dust proof or whatever.

Really, it wasn't meant to call you out, but was really more of a rant in Nintendo's direction... Not that I expect they're listening/reading. I love my 3DS, but it sure isn't perfect.

It took ages for my hinge to break on my lite, and while people were showing off the cracks and broken hinges I figured all those people were abusing their systems... Then it happened to mine and then I knew better (so posts that even suggest that it's a user problem tend to rile me). I replaced the housing to fix it and when one does that they will find the horrible design inside and wonder how it lasted as long as it did. I fully expect to find the DSi to have the design flaw in place if I ever need to fix mine, and that all Nintendo did to "fix" it was to install the less resistant hinge that the DSi carries.

Again, not ranting at you, I'm just annoyed that Nintendo's build quality certainly ain't what it was back in the DS fat days and earlier. And I'm more annoyed that Nintendo doesn't seem to give a crap... It sure felt like they used to, but not now.

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
KidIce said:
Really, it wasn't meant to call you out, but was really more of a rant in Nintendo's direction... Not that I expect they're listening/reading. I love my 3DS, but it sure isn't perfect.

It took ages for my hinge to break on my lite, and while people were showing off the cracks and broken hinges I figured all those people were abusing their systems... Then it happened to mine and then I knew better (so posts that even suggest that it's a user problem tend to rile me). I replaced the housing to fix it and when one does that they will find the horrible design inside and wonder how it lasted as long as it did. I fully expect to find the DSi to have the design flaw in place if I ever need to fix mine, and that all Nintendo did to "fix" it was to install the less resistant hinge that the DSi carries.

Again, not ranting at you, I'm just annoyed that Nintendo's build quality certainly ain't what it was back in the DS fat days and earlier. And I'm more annoyed that Nintendo doesn't seem to give a crap... It sure felt like they used to, but not now.
um... just to let you know I didn't feel like I was getting attack.
laugh.gif

DS phat was a tank compare to the other ds',but Nintendo wanted to lose some toughness for look and I guess probability. They try to find a way to balance
those things. Should they have they made it bigger and most likely tougher (if they could), I guess they should. A 3DS XL would be sweet imo.

You you have to understand for every generation there more likely going to be more stuff built in.

Which they would need to balance touchiness and looks.

Next time they better watch out for that screen flaw tho.
tongue.gif

Think as of now that the 3DS has a nice balance.

mk123a

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
the scratching problem is really easy to fix. See where the left and right bumpers are on the 3ds on the top corners - you need to lengthen them so that the two screens don't touch one another when you close the system. You can easily pull of those bumper, they are held to the system by some light adhesive, and add a thin layer of sticky sided tape to them. Then push those bumpers back into their spots. The now longer bumpers will prevent the bottom bezel from touching the top screen.

lostdwarf

OP
Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
mk123a said:
the scratching problem is really easy to fix. See where the left and right bumpers are on the 3ds on the top corners - you need to lengthen them so that the two screens don't touch one another when you close the system. You can easily pull of those bumper, they are held to the system by some light adhesive, and add a thin layer of sticky sided tape to them. Then push those bumpers back into their spots. The now longer bumpers will prevent the bottom bezel from touching the top screen.

let me just fix this.....

done...

The scratching problem is really easy to fix. NINTENDO...See where the left and right bumpers are on the 3ds on the top corners - you need to lengthen them so that the two screens don't touch one another when you close the system.
NINTENDO... You can easily pull of those bumper, they are held to the system by some light adhesive, and add a thin layer of sticky sided tape to them. Then push those bumpers back into their spots. The now longer bumpers will prevent the bottom bezel from touching the top screen.

This should not be our problem!

shawnanastasio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i am not sure if this has been mentioned in this thread too but....i am also getting smudge lines from the circle pad............and this thing does attract dust better than a swifer

Seaking

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
shawnanastasio said:
i am getting smudge lines from the circle pad
this is the only thing i am getting with smudges, i got 100 clean wipe things (Alcohol based, if you were wondering) so it doesnt really bug me.

shawnanastasio

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
since posting i noticed near the bottom right of my top screen there are these VERY VERY small dot like scratches. this dosent bother me THAT much but i realized that they do touch the bottom screen's bumper when i shut the system, so i cant help but wonder if that caused it...hmm...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1