Pokemon Sun/Moon Demo datamine details

sun-moon-169-en.jpg

As we get closer to the release date of the newest entries in the mainline Pokemon series, excitement is hitting a fever-pitch, as fans wonder what new features and creatures Sun and Moon will add. Well, wonder no more, as the notable Pokemon hacker "Kaphotics" has datamined the demo, giving insight to a few interesting things that are included in the game. Spoiler Warning for those who want to go in blind to Sun/Moon, and not have any prior knowledge, as the following will spoil things like the starters final evolutions, shiny Pokemon colors, unannounced Pokemon, and Alolan forms. For those that don't mind spoilers, let's get to it.

Leaked dex: here
  • There are going to be "around 800" Pokemon in the Pokedex now
  • Geodude family line has an Alolan form
  • New attacks, Psychic Terrain, Throat Chop, Aurora Veil
  • There is an item called Electrium Z
  • There are 186 trainer classes in the demo, and 720 attacks
  • There is an Ash-Pikachu form, which dons the classic hat from Ash in the anime

ss+(2016-10-18+at+07.52.50).png

Here are Kaphotic's videos (there are 3 uploaded at the time of writing), where he goes indepth and explains more about what he found in the demo

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Somewhere I read that the dolphin Pokémon is the blue Tapu (it really looks like a dolphin) and the Snowman Pokémon is a missed translate, it's just an ice Pokémon wich is Crabrawler evolution.
that... that doesn't sound right, when they translated "rugby monkey" just fine

But that's just me.

They definitely put the info in there on purpose. What idiotfaqs members don't understand is the fact that they have to literally compile the code and everything. Sure they can use resources and whatnot from the final game, but they have to go and make it a literal demo since it's it's own thing.

I cant imagine this is all the pokemon they have left. Especially since they put the information in there on purpose.

Reactions: Ariolu

elBenyo

Wad of meat.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So we didn't get to mine the games Story script, what games it can trade with, if it has Megas, what pokemon are in the Elite Four, and what features the new pokedex has.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could just be getting old, but man these pokemon look LAZY. Almost bordering on fakemon. I must say they made some very interesting choices.

when someone says "interesting..." they usually hate it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1