ROM Hack Pokémon Sacred Gold & Storm Silver

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Drayano, I haven't played very far yet, so sorry if this has already been implemented.

Would it be possibly to make Sinnoh gym leaders battleable at some points? That would be really great!
It's not in the game currently. It's something I can do if...
1) You don't mind the regular trainer music playing as I don't know to assign certain battle music to certain trainers.
2) You don't mind battling their sprites in the Battle Frontier.

Wonderful hack, I can really say that although I haven't started playing it yet (I was a huge fan of HG/SS and I almost managed to finish that hacks)! Congrats, Drayano!

Only a few questions:
-Is GB Sounds item given right at the start of the game like in HG/SS? It was great to play HG/SS (and it would be great also for SG/SS) with the old GBC musics...
-After catching Arceus (I was not able to understand that from documentation) can you leave the ruins and try your new legendary pokemon in battles or are you locked forever there? Will this be fixed in V2.0?
-Which is the best emulator to play this hack without being slow or having major ROM crashes?

BTW, I found this topic in another forum in which some bugs have been reported by various players: http://hackromsacade...=51555847&st=90
Do you mean Spirit Gold? o-o

GB Sounds is at the start yes. And yeah, you get returned to New Bark Town after. That said, Arceus is at 100, so you won't be able to train it.

Umm, well, it should be no$gba 2.6a and no$zoomer if you want it to be fast AND no rom crashes, but you need to get all the settings right. If your computer isn't several years old, I'd use desmume.

Thanks for the link, but I can't speak a word of Italian other than arrivederci or ciao so I'd need a translation...

Arrow

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Drayano, I haven't played very far yet, so sorry if this has already been implemented.

Would it be possibly to make Sinnoh gym leaders battleable at some points? That would be really great!
It's not in the game currently. It's something I can do if...
1) You don't mind the regular trainer music playing as I don't know to assign certain battle music to certain trainers.
Battling them in the Battle Frontier? You mean that if you replace existing trainers they'll show up there as random trainers? For me it's ok, but for others that use the BF more than I do might find it irritating. I dunno :/

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Should be the the floor labelled 2F.

If it's not there, then the arm9 file must have been changed somehow. Would you happen to be using a CycloDS? (I think that was the one that wouldn't work...)

clicket999

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, works great up to the safari zone, at the gate I try to battle with Riley and he says "[player], get by my side!" and the rockets do nothing as well... I tried talking to everyone, but nothing happened, I watched a youtube video and apparently they're supposed to barge into the pokemon center? please help :(

Darkdragoon55

Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, sorry I didn't read all the way through the thread, there's a lot of pages! But I'm currently having an issue with Sacred Gold, where any time a Pokemon of mine faints or levels up, the game crashes. I'm currently in the Slowpoke well at Azalea Town.
This started happening as soon as I got the Treecko from the quiz dude in the same town.

I'm using DeSmuME as No$Gba would randomly have a rom image crash.

I'm guessing it might have something to do with cheats as I have used a fair amount of them already :/ I have all TM's x90 (not hm's), all medicine x900, all wild Pokemon are shiny and a x2 Exp cheat on.. So yeah, I'm pretty sure it's to do with the copious amount of cheats I have used but still wanted to post here just to make sure. Thanks in advance ^.^

Edit: So I managed to get out of the well without any pokemon fainting/leveling up, I'm now in the gym and I can level up fine without it crashing and fainting is fine now too, so I guess it was just in that location. Weird.

Edit: And now I'm stuck in the gym >.

pkmnlovergpp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Well, in this case, since I use BF a lot in pokemon games (usually when I have finished them), I'd prefer not to have Sinnoh leaders included in order to preserve BF trainers.

Do you mean Spirit Gold? o-o
Yep. Sorry, made a mistake in writing "HG" instead of "SG".

GB Sounds is at the start yes. And yeah, you get returned to New Bark Town after. That said, Arceus is at 100, so you won't be able to train it.

Umm, well, it should be no$gba 2.6a and no$zoomer if you want it to be fast AND no rom crashes, but you need to get all the settings right. If your computer isn't several years old, I'd use desmume.
Thanks a lot for your reply!

Thanks for the link, but I can't speak a word of Italian other than arrivederci or ciao so I'd need a translation...

Here's a translation for one bug that has been reported and that I didn't find in the bug list:
One user says:
-I've just completed the lighthouse challenge and before going there I've spoken to a girl who asked me two questions. After that she disappeared leaving only the text "set flag."
One another user replies:
-When you have to beat the Kimono Girls (after beating the league the first time and having spoken to Elm) it is possibile that one of them may block the access to the theatre, making the game impossible to complete. However, you can fix the problem by speaking to that girl in Olivine and anwering her first question. So if this bug will happen to you and the girl has disappeared you may have to start the game all over again.

Cilerba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I seem to have gotten a bug when using the Union Room with someone who is using an unhacked/unpatched version of Heart Gold. All of the new flags reset whenever I go into the room. I can get the surfing pikachu again, get the starters again from the quiz masters, and the Team Rocket members are there in the Safari Zone but I can't battle them. They simply block the path to get to the Safari Zone.

EDIT: I just found out that other things are messed up such as seeing Misa in Ecruteak City while I don't even have Rock Climb from Oak yet.

Findec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey Dray, just wanted to tell you that I've completed your hack :) Just caught Arceus and everything worked fine.
Only one thing that kinda annoyed me through the game is that i keep getting the same call from Lyra that her marill evolved, like 10 times. And mother that was keep sending me berries over and over again and nothing really special. Dunno if that can be changed, but in my oppinion that would improve the game a bit more.

But thanks for the hours (107:11 on the timer :P) of fun :) and now I'm of to Blaze Black

pkmnlovergpp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Just a few thing I'd like to see in V2.0 (they are just some ideas):
-Challenge against a very strong trainer (6 level 100 pokemon chosen to be very hard to defeat together) at the end of the game - after having completed a good part of the pokedex (or even having caught Arceus, it depends on the difficulty of the challenge) and having beaten Red. It would be great if this trainer was the female player of Pokemon Crystal, who is missing from SG/SS. In this case it wouldn't matter messing up the BF.
-I think making one of the starter trio available as one time encounters somewhere in Johto would be great. Maybe you may have to catch one pokemon of the trio (let's say for example Mudkip) and then show it to the person who gives you the other two (for ex. Torchic and Treeko) just like as it happens in V1.0.5.

Congratulations again for this great hack! Looking forward to starting playing V2.0!

CursedReborn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Can anyone link me to the documents that are suppose to come with the hack? Been playing until the first gym and that document would be pretty handy with deciding my team for the rest of the game lol.

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

moshbear

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After acquiring the Zephyr badge, the option to switch Pokemon without missing a turn disappears. That is, the "TRAINER is about to switch in POKEMON" dialogue. A similar situation happens with wild Pokemon, where after fainting, it goes directly to the Pokemon selection dialogue as opposed to "Use next Pokemon / Flee". Is this a bug or a feature?

jdthebud

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After acquiring the Zephyr badge, the option to switch Pokemon without missing a turn disappears. That is, the "TRAINER is about to switch in POKEMON" dialogue. A similar situation happens with wild Pokemon, where after fainting, it goes directly to the Pokemon selection dialogue as opposed to "Use next Pokemon / Flee". Is this a bug or a feature?
Make sure your Battle Style is set to "SHIFT". If so, you can switch Pokemon without missing a turn and flee from wild Pokemon after fainting. if the style is "SET", what you described will happen instead.

Also, Drayano, can you give us any indication as to when the new release date will be?

Castiel

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Make sure your Battle Style is set to "SHIFT". If so, you can switch Pokemon without missing a turn and flee from wild Pokemon after fainting. if the style is "SET", what you described will happen instead.

Also, Drayano, can you give us any indication as to when the new release date will be?

I keep saying end of the month (July) but that doesn't look likely... IDK.
Should be sometime soon though

julian_vamp

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Tons of pages so I haven't gone through all of them to try and find a fix for my problem, sorry if this has already been asked.

Tried playing the game with the Pokemon Center Animation Cut cheat, as well as Instant Text, rematch trainer, and 2x exp. The game runs fine until after a battle where my sprite and the pokemon sprite turn into weird coloured squares, I can get into a battle fine but after the battle ends the top screen is just black. If I turn off the game and try and turn it back on the rom simply won't load and I have to delete the rom and change the name of the newly patched rom to something different for Desmume to let it load again. This has happened twice before even getting to the first badge. Too many cheats I'm assuming or?

Drayano

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hey, works great up to the safari zone, at the gate I try to battle with Riley and he says "[player], get by my side!" and the rockets do nothing as well... I tried talking to everyone, but nothing happened, I watched a youtube video and apparently they're supposed to barge into the pokemon center? please help :(
It seems like a lot of people are having this problem. Dang ;-; I don't know why I'm afraid, have you used the Union Room or something perhaps? I've changed the event up for V2 anyway so hopefully it'll work there...

Hey Dray, so what in all will this update have?
Um, off the top of my head...
- New rosters for the Gym Leaders / Elite Four
- Fixed bugs
- Couple more events
- TMs made one-time only and you receive 999 of them so basically infinite TMs
- Some tweaks to general trainer rosters
- Couple alterations to the blockades I've got around the regions

and probably minor changes here and there, like small wild Pokémon tweaks. It doesn't sound like much really, does it ._.;

Here's a translation for one bug that has been reported and that I didn't find in the bug list:
One user says:
-I've just completed the lighthouse challenge and before going there I've spoken to a girl who asked me two questions. After that she disappeared leaving only the text "set flag."
One another user replies:
-When you have to beat the Kimono Girls (after beating the league the first time and having spoken to Elm) it is possibile that one of them may block the access to the theatre, making the game impossible to complete. However, you can fix the problem by speaking to that girl in Olivine and anwering her first question. So if this bug will happen to you and the girl has disappeared you may have to start the game all over again.
Well, the bug from the Italian forum isn't a bug at all, I actually put that there to fix a bug, as the other guy/girl has replied. But thank you for the translation!

Not sure if this has been mentioned before but I seem to have gotten a bug when using the Union Room with someone who is using an unhacked/unpatched version of Heart Gold. All of the new flags reset whenever I go into the room. I can get the surfing pikachu again, get the starters again from the quiz masters, and the Team Rocket members are there in the Safari Zone but I can't battle them. They simply block the path to get to the Safari Zone.

EDIT: I just found out that other things are messed up such as seeing Misa in Ecruteak City while I don't even have Rock Climb from Oak yet.
That's... worrying. I honestly don't know how to fix that one, and the fact I can't test it myself doesn't help since I've only got one DS. It basically sounds like it's reset almost every single new flag I've put in... I might have to warn people to not use the Union Room. Possible unfixable thing here. But thank you for explaining how it happened, it's some valuable information.

Hey Dray, just wanted to tell you that I've completed your hack :) Just caught Arceus and everything worked fine.
Only one thing that kinda annoyed me through the game is that i keep getting the same call from Lyra that her marill evolved, like 10 times. And mother that was keep sending me berries over and over again and nothing really special. Dunno if that can be changed, but in my oppinion that would improve the game a bit more.

But thanks for the hours (107:11 on the timer :P) of fun :) and now I'm of to Blaze Black
Good, good. Trust me, I'd love to, but removing the mother would prevent you from getting the items like the berries from her I think. Lyra on the other hand... I might be able to remove her number. Tempting, tempting...

Just a few thing I'd like to see in V2.0 (they are just some ideas):
-Challenge against a very strong trainer (6 level 100 pokemon chosen to be very hard to defeat together) at the end of the game - after having completed a good part of the pokedex (or even having caught Arceus, it depends on the difficulty of the challenge) and having beaten Red. It would be great if this trainer was the female player of Pokemon Crystal, who is missing from SG/SS. In this case it wouldn't matter messing up the BF.
-I think making one of the starter trio available as one time encounters somewhere in Johto would be great. Maybe you may have to catch one pokemon of the trio (let's say for example Mudkip) and then show it to the person who gives you the other two (for ex. Torchic and Treeko) just like as it happens in V1.0.5.

Congratulations again for this great hack! Looking forward to starting playing V2.0!
I probably should have some sort of strong trainer thing, yeah. Kris would be difficult to do though since I'd need a load of sprites for her. I could get them off ascension perhaps but ehh... I'd probably just rather give Red a rematch team or something like that.

Mm, that'd mean I'd have to rip up all the quiz questions I've put in the game, which I don't really want to do. It's an okay idea, but a little late I think. Plus then that'd probably restrict your choices.

Tons of pages so I haven't gone through all of them to try and find a fix for my problem, sorry if this has already been asked.

Tried playing the game with the Pokemon Center Animation Cut cheat, as well as Instant Text, rematch trainer, and 2x exp. The game runs fine until after a battle where my sprite and the pokemon sprite turn into weird coloured squares, I can get into a battle fine but after the battle ends the top screen is just black. If I turn off the game and try and turn it back on the rom simply won't load and I have to delete the rom and change the name of the newly patched rom to something different for Desmume to let it load again. This has happened twice before even getting to the first badge. Too many cheats I'm assuming or?
Both of these are issues with DeSmuME; whenever that glitch animation thing happens you need to save and restart the emulator.
The ROM not loading is however to do with one of the cheats, specifically the Instant Text code. If you hit disable on the cheats before you restart, then the game should load, then just reenable them and continue.

I ought to add an faq section to the first post.

You guys are gonna either hate me or love me...

I haven't worked on SGSS for the last couple days so I'm a bit behind where I wanted to release things; mostly because I'm getting kind of bored with it and I got caught up in something else. I don't really want to promise anything that I can't keep, so I'll try and state something once I'm nearer completion. Strictly speaking I don't think there's too much more that I need to do, I think there's still some bugs to fix and the remainder of the game to test but that's about it. I should hire some beta testers to speedrun test or something... I do apologise, I'm being horribly unreliable lately.

As for the love me part, that 'something else' I said was a sudden huge itch to hack B2W2. The result of that is as follows; I've already completed the wild encounters and the trainer battles for everything right up to the first Champion battle (ie before the credits first play), as well as making all the evolutions available in one game and tweaking the items so that they're 'usable'. Quite a bit done, eh? There's still a fair bit to do; the Pokemon changes, swapping some item sprites (the Woodland Ore, Frozen Ore and Covenant Orb should be returning, albeit the Covenant Orb won't be from trades this time), moving items around (I'm already planning to move Waterfall's HM to Undella Town) and so on and so forth. That said, I could conceivably get it done and finished before the end of August. I just don't know if releasing it that early is a good idea. BB2VW2 will also probably be my last Pokémon difficulty hack/mod/whatever you want to call it, as I need to move onto other things. I'm feeling a bit behind as far as my subject knowledge goes for uni ;-;

I've also got a logo for BBVW2 that I think looks pretty decent this time, a lot better than the half-assed SGSS one at any rate.

XBBRM.png

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3