Gaming Pokémon question for hacked Switch

PEVOx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi! I have a Switch with SX OS and Pokémon Sword. I’m a huge fan of the Pokémon games and I want to create a competitive team for the recent Sword game. I’m not interested in hacking Pokémon, because it is fun to find them in the game and not with PC tools.
There is a method to play online with my competitive team, use Pokémon Home, transfer Pokémon between players and other features like that on a modded Switch? Or it’s completely impossible? There are some kind of alternative ways to play online? I know that there are some private servers (Switch-Lan-Play), but there are just a few players there.

Let me know, thanks!

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Umm have you ever heard of emuMMC/emuNAND?
You use it to do your hacky stuff in an isolated NAND on your SD while your "real" internal NAND (sysNAND) stays clean to play online.

If you intend to use a "backup" of Pokémon to play online with it I must tell u that you will get banned almost in an instant though.

AlphaSapphire

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm have you ever heard of emuMMC/emuNAND?
You use it to do your hacky stuff in an isolated NAND on your SD while your "real" internal NAND (sysNAND) stays clean to play online.

If you intend to use a "backup" of Pokémon to play online with it I must tell u that you will get banned almost in an instant though.
No if you don't have illegal pokemon you're fine

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi! I have a Switch with SX OS and Pokémon Sword. I’m a huge fan of the Pokémon games and I want to create a competitive team for the recent Sword game. I’m not interested in hacking Pokémon, because it is fun to find them in the game and not with PC tools.
There is a method to play online with my competitive team, use Pokémon Home, transfer Pokémon between players and other features like that on a modded Switch? Or it’s completely impossible? There are some kind of alternative ways to play online? I know that there are some private servers (Switch-Lan-Play), but there are just a few players there.

Let me know, thanks!

Ideally you want to use two units , one for online play and one for editing/hacking stuff.

Lightyose

True Light
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
I'd suggest what @Hayato213 says or simply load Stock OFW to play online(if you haven't installed anything piracy related on it using SysNand CFW).

No method is 100% guaranteed for no bans though, always remember that. And I'm not sure if SX OS users is riskier for bans than atmosphere users.

Reactions: Hayato213

pokemoncoders

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Would love to know about this as well. I can't mod my switch and I'm definitely not interested in playing hack switch Pokemon games.

cluesagi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As other users have already said, generally you use your sysnand for online stuff and emunand or emummc for offline hacking stuff since that way you're very unlikely to ever get banned. That said, I've been using Atmosphere online, connected to Nintendo's servers, for the past 5 months and I haven't been banned. It seems to me that as long as you don't pirate games or install .nsps to the home screen (Nintendo will know instantly if you connect to their servers with pirated games or have anything unlicensed installed on the home screen) or do something obvious like cheating in Splatoon or something, it's probably safe to be online in Atmosphere. There are absolutely no guarantees though, so do it at your own risk. And I really can't stress enough, you will in all likelihood get banned immediately if you pirate.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Xdqwerty, The Saturn had ROM or RAM carts. Action Replay took advantage of this to play burned...