Hacking Pokemon Platinum on R4 questions...

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok so I finally got Platinum to work on my new LEGIT R4DS and I ran into some...slight problems

1. Platinum won't connect to my Wii (A.K.A PBR and Ranch) but I already know Ranch has to update later, but when I try to connect to PBR it doesn't see it, I also noticed that the DS light doesn't blink when in the main "menu" like it should in d/p and my friend has platinum legit and his connects to PBR no problem.

2. the wii email thing doesn't work, the ds freezes as soon as I try to access it.

3. It may just be an error, but the 1st time I tried to get into the wifi plaza (the place with the minigames) I got an error message, but it was different than your average message....all it said was: "Communication Error" and sent me back to the PKMN Center, tired it again, same thing.

I would like to know if anyone else is having these problems, and is there some type of patch or code or something that'll make these things work like normal.

Thanks in advance!

riomaru

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
R4 does have wifi.......And I pretty much gave up with r4 and I changed the firmware to YSMenu, and I have no problem with wifi or anything. And the main reason is the people who brought out the firmware got sued, and quit the updates. So pretty high compatibility, so I have a legit r4 with ysmenu, and Pokemon platinum is working fine

GameDragon

Mugiwara RAWR!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
He said Wii, not WiFi. R4 can not connect to the Wii for Battle Revolution or any other related connectivity.

As for your online trouble, not sure about that.

wiiluver135

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so your saying that R4DS may never be able to connect with the wii?
what about Yasu? maybe he could make a patch for it?
Anyway after I got rid of the R4DS kernel and switched to YSMenu everything started working, the plaza is kewl, the Wii-mail thing works but my /wii won't get the message that the DS was suppose to send to it, & PBR even saw my DS but when I tried to connect my DS just froze with a white screen.
Oh well, everything else works perfectly though as far as I can see.

Ice God64

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, my brain has been ticking about the Wii connection thing lately... It's true that the R4 is incapable of Wii connectivity.. But perhaps it's possible to edited the save file for Pokemon Battle Revolution itself to match your DS game?

Of course, this IS just a theory, and I do have a means to import my Pokemon into my legit Pokemon Diamond copy.. But a D/P/Pl > PBR importer may be possible... Not to say I know anything, but I think it may be worth looking into.

If we could get it to work on the R4, there'd be no need, but I think the R4 just simply isn't compatible.

navi42

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have had this same problem. I have a theory, but can't test it because I don't have a Wii.

Try disabling cheats if you have any. If you can't do this, this is what to do:

Go to CHEATS. Then tap on DISABLE CHEATS. I hope this helped you.
yaynds.gif

MDS

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
GameDragon said:
He said Wii, not WiFi. R4 can not connect to the Wii for Battle Revolution or any other related connectivity.
Thats false, R4 Wii connectivity works with games like Geometry Wars and the last Yu-gi-oh game.
Maybe a patch or a bypass code could make the pokemon games work.

nadoon

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I have an R4 and everything works with me just fine on platinum. i can go to the wi-fi plaza and the gts and everything, but the ONLY thing that doesn't work for me is connecting to PBR and Ranch =( because simply, the R4 wasn't meant to connect to the wii. If you're asking why all these work for me, it's simple. Because, I have a clean rom... If you want a clean rom go to http://www.romulation.net and download platinum. Though I think it MAY be possible To connect to the wii if you buy an R4i Ultra.... Which is a clone of R4. And I'm buying it today.... Don't ask me from where because I am in the UAE (United Arab Emirates) and there is only ONE shop in ONE city that sells it Unfortunately =S ..... I hope this helped you alot..... Oh ya! and even on a clean rom, the wii message thingamajig won't work cuz like I said, it wasn't meant to be. (Get an R4i ultra) I THINK it will work.

Normmatt

Former AKAIO Programmer
Trophies
Website
normmatt.com
XP
Country
New Zealand
Most people think of wii connectivity as pokemon wii connectivity, which only cyclods supports because pokemon does some crazy shit which doesnt work on other flashcarts.

ndstuff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
but on firmware 1.23 r4li the wii connection menu in ds appears but it freezes on comunicating to wii but the 3 dots are moving (.) (..) (...) (.) (..) ... like that
biggrin.gif

elixirdream

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Malaysia
ndstuff said:
but on firmware 1.23 r4li the wii connection menu in ds appears but it freezes on comunicating to wii but the 3 dots are moving (.) (..) (...) (.) (..) ... like that
biggrin.gif

who knows maybe it will be available in future ...
of course i am looking forward to it
tongue.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu