ROM Hack Pokemon Moon PkHex code.bin not working

kktk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hi all, I've been trying for hours to get this to work but trying to make the Pkhex work keep causing me a crash during boot up for pokemon moon. If i disable game patching, the game works fine.

Some details:

I just updated to B9L today from gateway, downloaded a 1.0 moon rom, updated to 1.2 through the auto update when starting the game. Played till QR code scanning is unlocked.

Followed this guide at: https://github.com/ev1l0rd/ev1l0rd.github.io/wiki/Sun-and-Moon-injection-guide
My original 1.0 cia rom was decrypted already (tried to decrpyt but god9 said it was not encrypted), patched the code.bin with the newest SMpatcher for 1.2 by SciresM, put it in luma/titles/0004000000175e00/code.bin. Turned on the game patching. It crashes with the black during boot up for pokemon moon.

Nosrama

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I have extracted the code.bin from the 1.2 update and it does a infinite 3ds boot screen :v

DocKlokMan

Plugin Dev
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
May I ask what you mean by this? Like put the code.bin file into the 1.2 file? And if so, where do I find the 1.2 file
This is OOOOOOOOLD but the patcher mentioned in this thread, which alters the QR scanning in Sun & Moon to allow exploited Pokémon to be scanned in via QR codes generated by PKHeX requires patching the main executable of the game, code.bin. With each update you install for Pokémon the code.bin file is updated. This updated code.bin is contained in the update that you installed and the game uses that code.bin in place of the original one installed by the base game. If you're going to patch your code.bin manually with the patcher and then use LayeredFS to load it, you need to use the updated one from the update files and not the original one.

This is all pointless now as you can use this IPS file to do the same thing without needing to extract or patch anything:
https://github.com/SciresM/SMPatcher/releases/download/1.2/SMPatcher.IPS.files.1.2.zip

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: might look for one on yt