Pokemon Gen5 Calibration For RNG Manipulation

Lori_San

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
I've been learning more and more about older generations rng manipulation and got really interested in gen 5. Issue is, I dont own a physical copy of games. No big deal, got homebrew, TWilight menu and forwarders, roms can be found anywhere. So, here I am now wondering how in the name of god do I do this.

I'm currently trying this through NDSForwarder and BootstrapNDS
For Pokefinder, how should i set it up for the most accurate results for Pokemon White? And what would be a good time in Eon Timer? Note: my 3ds is slow as hell and takes like 20 seconds to get from the system settings to home menu

And another smaller thing, the game freezes (kinda, music plays perfectly fine, just everything stops) when using the saving method, any solutions to this?

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know about calibration since that's what put me off Gen 5 RNG, but I know for consistent timing, you can boot the game straight away and then do a soft reset (L+R+Start+Select I think?) in time with your EonTimer. I know that works well for Gen 4 since I used a DSi for my RNG, and in terms of delay, that's also not too ideal.

I'm not really much help on your other issues though since I play with cartridges. Best of luck either way!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yay!