Gaming pokemon collosseum\XD controller bug

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
I had an issue in my wii that when i move the controller stick all way down, it starts going up...
this issue was fixed in most recent nintendont release and @FIX94 mentioned it was a game bug....

So, i got myself the real colosseum disc and installed default MIOS (because dios mios was refusing to load the disc and it's obsolete now) and this issue still happens in the "real deal"
so, am i the only one which has this issue in the "real deal"?
didn't tried in another wii or controller. but this issue only happens in theese 2 games (not sure about the box pokemon one, but works fine in all other games)

so, did anyone with the real game experienced this issue?
other than the "not calibrated issue" (basically, you turned it on with the controlled tilted messing the neutral position)

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The reason this bug went unnoticed for this long is simple, original gamecube controllers only reported values from about 110 (up) to -110 (down), the bug only occurs once you hit a full down value of -128 though, the more a gamecube controller is used the greater those reported values will drift off until they eventually hit that full down value. If you want to use original game discs you can still use nintendont for it, if you are on a wii it will detect it and after selecting sd/usb give you the option to just boot the disc in drive which will then be ran in nintendont just as if you were running it from sd/usb including all the patches (like this pokemon controller patch).

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
China
The reason this bug went unnoticed for this long is simple, original gamecube controllers only reported values from about 110 (up) to -110 (down), the bug only occurs once you hit a full down value of -128 though, the more a gamecube controller is used the greater those reported values will drift off until they eventually hit that full down value. If you want to use original game discs you can still use nintendont for it, if you are on a wii it will detect it and after selecting sd/usb give you the option to just boot the disc in drive which will then be ran in nintendont just as if you were running it from sd/usb including all the patches (like this pokemon controller patch).
thanks..
so that's why i was getting the issue with my PS2 controller.. i couldn't understand why no one in the internet seemed to notice this issue (tried to search, maybe i badly explained to google, but couldn't find results)
and i kinda remember the first time i tried the game it actually worked fine.. (except for saves because it was earlier versions of dios mios\nintendont) then i changed stuff aroundand issue happen, tought it was bad isos, not 1:1 dump etc.. was really puzzled..

the more a gamecube controller is used the greater those reported values will drift off until they eventually hit that full down value.
the more used, permanently, the controller wears out until it reaches that point? or happens during long sessions of playing?

thanks for the fix btw!

FIX94

Former Staff
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
the more used, permanently, the controller wears out until it reaches that point? or happens during long sessions of playing?
its just a sign of the stick wearing out, you're just violently wiggling around a piece of plastic after all :P

Reactions: migles

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: :lol: