dEC0DED

OP
Trophies
Website
www.visualdecibel.com
XP
Country
Canada
well as you can see KyoJi is using PNG transparent siggis.. and our I.E using brethren are all OMG WTF IS THIS GRAY!?

and at work I have to use i.E
frown.gif
so that's something that might need a fix
smile.gif

wub.gif
wub.gif

dEC0DED

OP
Trophies
Website
www.visualdecibel.com
XP
Country
Canada
hmm, i have heard of png files, but never used them before. any suggested programs to use to create png files? perhaps with this alpha bending. I have always used gif images, as i do not own any software, that i know of, to create pngs.
.. you don't create pings. It's a file type that you can convert your files too. Photoshop has it built in for saving and alot of other editing programs have it aswell.

mekaxero

I am the alpha, and the omega
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
i knew it was some type of filetype, but i am just wondering if there are any programs, besides photoshop, that can do png files. Most of my programs i have r not new, and i am not comfortable with photoshop, as it can do too many things, and i get confused when i use it. so, r there any other programs which i can "convert" files to png that you would recommend?

dEC0DED

OP
Trophies
Website
www.visualdecibel.com
XP
Country
Canada
i knew it was some type of filetype, but i am just wondering if there are any programs, besides photoshop, that can do png files. Most of my programs i have r not new, and i am not comfortable with photoshop, as it can do too many things, and i get confused when i use it. so, r there any other programs which i can "convert" files to png that you would recommend?
there's no good free programs..

Elrinth

:Master beyond your imagination:
Trophies
Website
www.elrinth.com
XP
Country
hmm, i have heard of png files, but never used them before.  any suggested programs to use to create png files?  perhaps with this alpha bending.  I have always used gif images, as i do not own any software, that i know of, to create pngs.

.. you don't create pings. It's a file type that you can convert your files too. Photoshop has it built in for saving and alot of other editing programs have it aswell.

actually, you do create PNGs, just as you create BMPs. I use idraw charamaker, it's awesome.
By the way, I only knew of the 256 colored png. and I KNEW that the 24-bit had alpha transparency.

Oh, and you can easily make that picture Kyoji has as signature into an 8-bit png without any loss, and so you get this transparancy which is so necessary.
wink.gif

Thanx but I already have a site which tells everything about the PNG format.

Zeldafrea

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
An alternative to gimp is paint.net. Its also free and open source, but requires you to have the .net runtime installed. I have no real experiance with either, but I know they are both out there and they both have their pros and cons.

Edit: Just occured to me that my original wording implies the gimp is inferior to paint.net, I haven't really used either. Just a clarification.

dEC0DED

OP
Trophies
Website
www.visualdecibel.com
XP
Country
Canada

Hunter

i'ma stuffup the board
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.dgc1980.com
XP
Country
Australia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I played the intro to far cry 5, that is like some crazy Jim Jones cult shit. Still its petty...