Gaming plz sign this petition

Translucentbill

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
I wouldn't love or hate a ds remake but....

The soundtrack was amazing!
biggrin.gif

Not as good as the DKC series though =]

KendoKhan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
my picks for remakes over a FF7 remake

Super Mario RPG
Terranigma/Soul blazer Series
just straight ports would do

and non squinx remakes

a new side scroll Donkey Kong country with Mario&Luigi Super Star Graphics
an other 2d Metroid please or reamke metroid 2 from gb
a port of castlevania Symphony of the Night or remake of super castlevania 4
mega man 1-9 with mega man 7-8, 8bit remakes in 3 game sets
biggrin.gif

an new blaster master 2d game
and a super adventure island remake or mario allstars type set
a gba graphics remake of legend of zelda 1-2 nes with updated story line/mode for part 1 maybe a town and new dungeons?
Tecmo Wrestling remake
biggrin.gif

a punch-out, super punch out 2 pack
a new sonic collection for ds
and breath of fire 3,4, and dragon quarter remake ported over to the ds

Ferrariman

Hip-Flop and cRap
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Valkrys said:
Jesus, what's with all the hate on FF7? It's a fucking great game, I loved it the first time I played it and loved it again when I replayed it this summer. Really. You might not like it, but it's still good. In fact, I think the whole PS1 FF trilogy was goddamn amazing. And the system was WAY better than the stupid ass drawing system of 8 (I still liked 8, btw). Even if you don't like it, giving your only reason is that you don't like Cloud's name and that he's too "emo" is about the same as fanboys viciously defending it. You have to admit that it's at least an average game, even though everyone here seems to think it's terrible. I can't understand that.

*raises flame shield*
I think that Final Fantasy 7 was a great game, but every time a new, more action oriented RPG comes out, you can really see just old Final Fantasy 7 is. I would love to see a remake with an updated battle system, that would be EPIC.

SylvWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ferrariman said:
Valkrys said:
Jesus, what's with all the hate on FF7? It's a fucking great game, I loved it the first time I played it and loved it again when I replayed it this summer. Really. You might not like it, but it's still good. In fact, I think the whole PS1 FF trilogy was goddamn amazing. And the system was WAY better than the stupid ass drawing system of 8 (I still liked 8, btw). Even if you don't like it, giving your only reason is that you don't like Cloud's name and that he's too "emo" is about the same as fanboys viciously defending it. You have to admit that it's at least an average game, even though everyone here seems to think it's terrible. I can't understand that.

*raises flame shield*
I think that Final Fantasy 7 was a great game, but every time a new, more action oriented RPG comes out, you can really see just old Final Fantasy 7 is. I would love to see a remake with an updated battle system, that would be EPIC.
Really? To be totally honest, I've never thought that after playing a lot of RPGs. I guess I'm just old-school, but I prefer a system such as FF 4-9 and even a Dragon Quest-esque system over something like FF12. Although, I also really liked the Star Ocean series, so I guess I'm just an RPG fan in general.

Oh, and about the remake: not on DS. Maybe on PSP, but I don't feel it necessary. I can play the PS1 game on there already (yay for CFW and portable PS1 games!) and would rather see a new game that would blow me away, FF or not.

dan92

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
you should make a petition for a ds smash bros, or maybe a remake of smash bros 64 idk that would be great and i think nintendo can easly make it idk why they havent they would sell a lot

Pedobear

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
kinda spam.
The only games theyve really done for the ds are crystal chronicles, and that wasn't even really done by them

Arkansaw

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Trinidad and Tobago
look, judging from what happened to DQ4, FFIV and Chrono Trigger, even if the developers managed to squeeze 4 cds worth of PSX/PC content onto a fucking ds rom cartridge while dropping minimal content, there will still be losers who say the port is pathetic rip-off compared to the original. All the hard work and very little appreciation, lose-lose, why bother?

Holaitsme

10/10 would be loyal again
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm pretty sure squeenix visits or has heard of gbatemp so if they see that petition here it's just going to make it less likely.

I do agree with updowners that the Final Fantasy series is way overrated.

S

spectral

I_Got_Wii'D said:
Yeah I forgot about the PC version.

Either way tho, if it is going to come out again (which it really does not need to) it will not be on the DS. I really don't think they could put it on the DS without cutting stuff out (unless they plan to do a multi-cart game). So I think if it would come out it would be on a console and not a handheld (I really doubt the PSP could handle it). I would say the PS3 is the logical choice.

but as previously stated, I think some of these "classic" games should just be left in the past, let them be remembered for what they were (and not ruin a good series/game with a stupid "remake").

just my $0.02 tho.

I dont think its going to be released but the PSp could more than handle FF7. FF7 was a PS1 game, the PSP is closer in power to the PS2. It can even emulate PS1 games pretty well. That being said it still wouldn't be a good choice. To make it wortwhile they'd have to be adding things to the game not just porting over an almost unchanged version. It would need awe inspiring visuals and enough new content to it worth playing through again.

Law

rip ninjacat that zarcon made me
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
Holaitsme said:
I'm pretty sure squeenix visits or has heard of gbatemp so if they see that petition here it's just going to make it less likely.

I do agree with updowners that the Final Fantasy series is way overrated.

SE: "Those GBAtemp assholes think our games suck? We'll show them! We'll remake FF7 on the DS and spend at least $50,000 on copy protection! Let's see those fuckers crack that!"

lunacy123456

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FFVII is overrated simply because that game was simply the first for most people new to the RPG scene (most prob just saw that CGF commercial and thought its cool and bought it). I personally hated it even though I love RPG games due to its hype.

Canonbeat234

Redeemed Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm not going to sign a freaking petition for something that ALREADY has a remake on the fucking bloody PSP! I mean look at ALL the other games that only came out once!

Donkey Kong 64 will be an awesome remake for the DS!
Riveria: The Promised Land will be awesome also but the PSP got to it first! T_T
Super Mario RPG will be awesome plus new extreme additional hard bosses on the DS = PWNAGE!
Sonic Shuffle (I don't give a FUCK if it was a Mario Party rip-off!) I want that game to be a remake for the DS!

I don't need another fucking Sonic genesis collection on the DS! That's a PS2, Gamecube, VC on the Wii, DLC on XBOX Live, Xbox 360, PSN, and PS3!!!

Now going back to this topic, no. I'm going to sign-up on something that I have zero interest in, despite of me playing FF late (First I played FF: Mystic Quest on SNES emulator on my PC a while ago, that's when I got hook into the series. I used G6 Flash to play FF:Dawn of Souls which I did enjoy and the addition bosses/plot) which never catch my interest in the first place. If we going to petition something meaningful then let it be something that only came out once and only once! Also I wouldn't mind a remake for Golden Sun 1 and 2 on the DS either.

8BitWalugi

Taiyohhhhhh!
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
Australia
You do realise that Sony own the rights to FF7 right? Squeenix can only remake up to FF6 because they were on the NES/SNES. Just like the Halo DS Rumor, if they try to co-operate, they'll only fail.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: To ensure Florida is the freest state in the country, we will ban colors.