PlayStation shows off its new accessibility controller kit for PS5

dsadasdasdasdasdasdasd.png

Earlier this year at CES, Sony revealed something they called "Project Leonardo"--a customizable gamepad that was designed to help those with disabilities have a more comfortable gaming experience. Now that a few months have gone by, Sony is ready to show off more about the project, which is now officially titled the PlayStation Access controller. The Access consists of two flat wheels of buttons, and an adjacent analog stick. There are various types of analog sticks that you can use with the controller, ranging from standard to dome, to arcade stick, along with five different styles of buttons, such as pillow button caps, flat button, wide button, overhang button, and curve button caps. These all can be switched out depending on the need of the user.

On the PlayStation 5 itself, you'll be able to change the stick sensitivity, adjust the dead zone, and remap the buttons. There is currently no release date or pricing information about the Access controller.

:arrow: Source

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Bop it, twist it, pull it
Already a thing

So I'm not disabled, but I am incredibly lazy. I wonder how I could configure this so that I can put in the least amount of effort in the most efficient way.
You don't need something like this, though I guess you could. All those fun controller mods people do for turbo, macros and such can also have wires thrown to large buttons you can press with your foot or something, or some kind of pedal that controls the rate of turbo fire. Probably get a keyboard and mouse mod and instead slap in a eye tracker as well.
Indeed that is how a lot of the disability controllers got made before companies pretended to care about this sort of thing, and still do when you get to the "if that was me don't take the pillow off my face until I am most assuredly gone" side of the spectrum.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @HiradeGirl, This commercial doesn't need to be made.