PlayStation 5 gets variable refresh rate support this week

dsadsadsadasdaw.png

If you've been disappointed by the lack of variable refresh rate support on the PlayStation 5, then it's time to rejoice, as Sony is rolling out VRR on the PS5 later this week. Designed to improve performance, frame pacing, and prevent screen tearing, variable refresh rate support allows the PlayStation 5 to match the refresh rate of your TV or monitor, providing you use an HDMI 2.1 cable, and screen that supports such a connection. A handful of PS5 games will also be getting patches to make use of the new feature, including Spider Man-Remastered and Miles Morales, Resident Evil Village, Deathloop, Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition, and more, with further titles to get updates in the future.
  • Astro’s Playroom
  • Call of Duty: Vanguard
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  • Deathloop
  • Destiny 2
  • Devil May Cry 5 Special Edition
  • DIRT 5
  • Godfall
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered
  • Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales
  • Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart
  • Resident Evil Village
  • Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands
  • Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Siege
  • Tribes of Midgard
:arrow: Source

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now the PS5 is officially the best console for playing Elden Ring.

Context: Elden Ring can't cap 60fps on consoles, PS5 version runs at 50~60fps while Series X version runs at 40~55fps, before the only way to have a locked 60fps experience was to play the PS4 Pro version on PS5 but this version has a lower draw-distance, lower foliage density and lower resolution, but now with VRR it will be possible to have a fluid experience with the native version for PS5.
I got Elden Ring on PS5 and put it aside to play later with VRR due to this. I could have got the Series X version but I wanted that higher frame rate and adaptive triggers.

Reactions: Moon164

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I’m shocked that people here have so little knowledge about vrr, vsync, frame pacing and fps caps. Also, the 17 million or so ps5 owners and people with vrr tvs are the folks who buy most of the games. I’m not talking about stuff like call of duty, sports games and gta that casual owners buy… but the other 90% of games.

Reactions: driverdis

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I’m shocked that people here have so little knowledge about vrr, vsync, frame pacing and fps caps. Also, the 17 million or so ps5 owners and people with vrr tvs are the folks who buy most of the games. I’m not talking about stuff like call of duty, sports games and gta that casual owners buy… but the other 90% of games.
It is more like customers don’t care to know how their stuff works, just that it does.

kevin corms

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It is more like customers don’t care to know how their stuff works, just that it does.
Sure, but this is a forum for people who tinker with their hardware… also, console gaming has not felt smooth on a typical lcd display ever until recently. Crt days were fine, but ya…

Last edited by kevin corms,

soup1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thats nice, but mine will never get updated to enjoy that lol. A possible exploit is far better
the support for VRR was there all this time, it was just enabled server side, an exploit would probably be able to enable it anyway lmao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!