SilverAnalyst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I just purchased an Adaptec GameBridge 1400 adapter so I can play Wii using my computer as a screen
biggrin.gif
. This way I'll be able to play using my big computer screen when my wife wants to watch the telly in the lounge
laugh.gif
. Here's the product if you want more info on it:Adaptec website
While I was waiting for it to arive I thought I'd check if anyone else had tried this out. Is it any good?
wink2.gif

tshu

On epic journey, brb.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Isn't connecting the game console to the PC a little unnecessary? Aren't there devices that can just connect the console to the Monitor itself? Rather than go from Console > PC > Monitor, you could just go from Console > Monitor.

SilverAnalyst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yes, but if I want to play wii with the laptop in bed (hmmm, might not have totally thought that one out
tongue.gif
) then I'd need one that can go through a computer, like this one
happy.gif

Also, it's an experiment and this adaptor only cost £10 where as the one that goes straight to the monitor cost £40+.
wink.gif

SilverAnalyst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I heard that some PCI TV cards have a short delay or lag. This won't trouble you if you are to watch tv with it, however it would be really annoying to be pressing a button and not having the reaction on screen be immediate. One of the most attractive features to GameBridge was the advertised "no lag".
unsure.gif

Also, as bowser so aptly pointed out. I can switch the gamebridge between my different computers easily.

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought a while ago in a Woot off. I haven't tried it on a Wii, but I have with a Gamecube and Xbox. It's not that great, I definitely wouldn't want to use it to play my games all the time.
The resolution is a bit low as well.

SilverAnalyst

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Yeah, it's ok if you have to use it. It's really blurry when moving and there is about a 5th of a second delay. It's playable, but better just on a tv.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9omNI5x06fk