Not open for further replies.

stupidkrazykarl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is anyone far enough along to have tested it?

Also, if it does work--it'd be hep to exchange FCs seeing as how the general public won't be online for a while.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For the DS games it's Friend Code only, though with the Battle Revolution game on the Wii it'll let you do random battles with people.

4saken

Retired Ace Attorney
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You can battle random teams made by other people, but they are CPU controlled.

Yep. There is like a Pokemon Team Database in which people submit their pokemon teams. You can download a number of teams and battle them. They are CPU controlled however - so its not like the real thing
frown.gif

If the amount of friend codes in unlimited (unlikely) we could add every single gbatemp pokemon player to simulate random matches through friend battle

stupidkrazykarl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can battle random teams made by other people, but they are CPU controlled.

Yep. There is like a Pokemon Team Database in which people submit their pokemon teams. You can download a number of teams and battle them. They are CPU controlled however - so its not like the real thing
frown.gif

If the amount of friend codes in unlimited (unlikely) we could add every single gbatemp pokemon player to simulate random matches through friend battle

Yeah, having just played through whatever first gym trainer city is--it is in fact just friend code based.

I haven't looked at global trade yet though.

A DB would be nice, however the friends list is limited. it's done through an In Game Item entitled the Pal Pad that has room for 32 numbers.

oh well...my friend code is:
4768 3901 3576

though I have a sneaking suspicion this changes at official launch, as WFC doesn't recognize Pokemon Diamond as a game i've logged on with...go figure.

Jonah

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Since I was able to load up my Japanese gamesave, I was able to immediately check out the Wifi Battle Tower.

It's got this really bizarre set up, where you pick a room and you have to fight 7 people(other players who have had their teams and their "sayings" uploaded to the database).

I don't know what the difference is between the rooms, other than people. You can pick rooms 001-050.

You can also select a "saying" for when you win, lose,begin the battle, and "become number one." I guess becoming number one means you beat all 7 people in the room.

You can also check the "leaders" for each room. I'm assuming this shows you who has beaten all 7 trainers in the room. It's got like 20 names on it and you can see where the people are from and thier "become number one" phrase.

Although it also has these ranks (1-10) and I'm not quite sure how they factor in...

It's all so confusing!!
wacko.gif
The most I've beaten is 4 Wifi trainers in a row...it's tough!

Fieryshadowz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm how far in the game till you get wifi access? xD

EDIT: nvm pokemon center at the 1st gym city
biggrin.gif

2019 6112 0552

Xenophobe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Global trade works something like this:

1. Goto the place
2. Upload your Pokemon to the trade centre. Specify which Pokemon you want to receive for your one.
3. Wait
4. If someone has taken your offer you can get your Pokemon from it

It might not be exactly how it works, but close enough.

HBK

Clover - Fearless to Speak Now. ;)
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
'K guys, here is my friend code, please add me! If you add me, please say so I can add you too.

4038 2461 4704

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64