Pimax Crystal VR headset gets official teardown video

pimax headset teardown.jpg

Official teardown videos seem to be becoming a trend for gaming devices, with Sony doing so with the PS5 back when it launched and now VR manufacturer Pimax has followed suit. The company has just aired a 14-minute video teardown of its Pimax Crystal VR headset on its YouTube channel that shows the device's innards in detail:

It can be satisfying to see what a gaming device packs under the hood and teardown videos satisfy that itch. They also make me wish that more devices would sport transparent shells so that we can better appreciate the parts that have been crammed into the form factor we're used to. I hope that Pimax follows up with teardown videos of its other devices such as the VR-handheld hybrid Pimax Portal.

In addition to the teardown video, Pimax has also been pushing new updates for the Crystal headset such as the standalone mode and more recently improved controller performance and a 72Hz refresh rate option for flight sims; so it's encouraging to see that they are supporting the device with more features. They're also hosting a Black Friday sale for the headset (and other hardware); but be sure to check out our official impression piece of the VR headset in the link below to inform any potential purchase!

:arrow: SOURCE
:arrow: Pimax Crystal GBAtemp Impressions

codezer0

Gaming keeps me sane
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on the last article about it, this has 2880×2880 per eye.

And you need a minimum of 90fps to not have the typical person barf their guts out after any given session.

... Apparently for this, you need a 4090 for each eye then, to drive that many pixels. Fuck. Right. Off.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Quick, somebody, close this thread. This is too kinky for @shaunj66, he has a thing for VR's. His head will explode
Call me when some new decent VR games are announced and I might get excited.

We have more than enough headsets now. They need to pump the R&D money into actual games now.

Reactions: Prans and Flame

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto