Hacking Pikmin won't run on my Wii - Is this the disc, laser, or Wii Hacki

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on 3.2 with the HBC and just recently installed the ISO51 thingy so I can go on shop channel. I bought Pikmin today but everytime I put it in the disc spins, laser tries to read it and then I get a read error. Every other disc I have plays fine (all real, I have no hard mod, etc) and when I take the disc to my friend's Wii it says "System Update" instead of Pikmin in the Disc Channel spot.

I don't want to upgrade and don't think my Wii is broken, but I figured I should check with people who would know before going back to the store and getting an exchange.

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, where can I find this (and any other IOS's I need in the future since it seems like certain games use certain IOS's)? I have a mac so I doubt I can run software I may need to do this myself.

Thanks for the help guys, I REALLY appreciate it. I thought my launch Wii was broken and all I wanna do is get back into Pikmin...

[EDIT - Why doesn't it show up as an update when I insert the disc? I thought on my friend's it was trying to go up to 3.4...]

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use WUFE or FTPii to extract the IOS from the game itself. This method is independant of pc or mac since both programs run on the wii to extract the IOSes

If a game require a special IOS, it will have it in the game itself, no exceptions.

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DKAngel said:
u must have something blocking updates
What could do that? I have a few Injected WADs and recently put on HBC and some of the IOS51 thingies so I could go to the shop and buy Tactics Ogre (I got the files from here: http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wii_Shop_and_IOS51_installer)

Is there anyway to figure this out and what if I try to update via WFC Update? Damnit, I just want to play the frickin' game I bought!

[I think they include something called a 'fakesign bug' (patch the signature hash check (fakesign bug) out of IOS51) - could that be the culprit?]

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So is there a way to remove starfall and whatnot to see if I can get it to run whatever update it needs? I'm kind of PO'd I'm out $50 right now since I don't put much onto my Wii...

Blue-K

No right of appeal.
Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Well, it looks like you have Starfall or Preloader, otherwise I don't see why it won't update. First, test if you have Preloader:

Turn Wii Off
Hold Reset and Turn Wii On (Hold Reset as long as you can)

If a special menu comes up, you have Preloader. If not, it should be Starfall. To turn Starfall off, load the Starfall.dol, and deactivate the "Skip-Update"-Check. I recommend NOT (!!!) to update your Wii. 3.2 is the best for now, don't go up. Just extract the .wads with WUFE, and install the IOS33 with WAD-Manager, and you're fine. Then re-activate Starfall.

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Blue-K said:
Well, it looks like you have Starfall or Preloader, otherwise I don't see why it won't update. First, test if you have Preloader:

Turn Wii Off
Hold Reset and Turn Wii On (Hold Reset as long as you can)

If a special menu comes up, you have Preloader. If not, it should be Starfall. To turn Starfall off, load the Starfall.dol, and deactivate the "Skip-Update"-Check. I recommend NOT (!!!) to update your Wii. 3.2 is the best for now, don't go up. Just extract the .wads with WUFE, and install the IOS33 with WAD-Manager, and you're fine. Then re-activate Starfall.

I installed 33 and it would allow it to show up on the Disc channel but when I go in it just tells me "The Game Disc could not be read. Refer to the Wii Operations Manual for details". Are there any other WADs I should install? A few are included on the disc that I ripped...

[EDIT - I never tried the Starfall (wouldn't go, do I need to change it to .WAD?) but I can open up the game using Gecko from HBC - I don't think I installed starfall but one of the packs I used to get the updated shop channel may have. Is there anyway for me to run Pikmin from the regular disc channel? the game works otherwise and it'd be nice to be able to do so in the future...]

vettacossx

Wii Theme Team Founder
Trophies
XP
Country
gecko OS will prob load it
wink.gif
but being you are on 3.2...look up Softmii guides like this to enhance your brew experience
wink.gif
i play pikman from the disk channel off my backup!
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=139700

maybe tou could run hack remover...that removes any hacks...pop in the disc and see if that helps....then RE-install the proper hacks you wish to have operating bye reinstalling preloader? also did you look into CIOScorp if you are on 3.2 that should help?! yeah?

nintendough

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
vettacossx said:
gecko OS will prob load it
wink.gif
but being you are on 3.2...look up Softmii guides like this to enhance your brew experience
wink.gif
i play pikman from the disk channel off my backup!
http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=139700

maybe tou could run hack remover...that removes any hacks...pop in the disc and see if that helps....then RE-install the proper hacks you wish to have operating bye reinstalling preloader? also did you look into CIOScorp if you are on 3.2 that should help?! yeah?
Hack remover? I'd love to do that and manually install IOS51 since I think many of my problems stem from there.

Also, what is preloader and CIOScorp? Damn, I'm really out of the loop!
unsure.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Crazy people actually spend $50 on that stuff
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Towelie runs my farm, he's awesome.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Polly is still around from what I've heard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @SylverReZ, is Pollys alt I knew it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I see him every once whi!e , incognito
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, I'm not him. Keep looking.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Still don't know why he left unless someone really hurt his feelings
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Don't know why people get so emotional online just get over it ffs
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He was the ass of gbatemp, everyone knocked on him, I honestly felt bad, even though I was guilty myself, but he egged it all on himself,
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    But he still here, but under dif name, he pm me sometimes still even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's like they think we'll be in their bed pissing on it the next day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I feel like gbatemp should make t-shirts or memorabilia to remember the lost ones. I bet the Polly shirts would sell out quick.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.