Picofly AIO Thread

chronoss

Trophies
XP
Country
Congo, Republic of the
And can i reset my console with a pico installed with this methode to boot en ofw ?
It's work with this methode, other methode freeze the counter at 0% and nothing...
Post automatically merged:

I've done quite a few Picofly installs over the past couple days.
3 oleds with hynix and a v1.
Now in all cases so far, I've needed to increase the value of the resistors on clk and cmd from 47ohm to 120ish.
I followed pdf guide which recommends adding a second 47ohm resistor if emmc initializes in slow mode. 94ohms didn't cut it for me though.
From there I jumped to 150ohms which worked out. \
The next one I dialed it down to 120ohms which also worked.

Question, Does anyone know what the issue is if the resistor value is too high? I haven't noticed any issues with 120ohm or 150ohms on cmd or clk.
Too low emmc is in slow mode that's for sure.

Heres some pics of my recent pico installs. My buddy acidz in my discord gave me this solid tip for the cpu flex. You can wire directly to the resitor on the flex cable. Makes the install much cleaner.

View attachment 371814
Can u show you flex v1 mod ?

Last edited by chronoss,

BoomBoomShroom

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1. Is it working? Sounds like it is? You're just not sure of something 'odd' you found?

2. Did you add the resistor(s) to clear slow emmc yet?
Its somewhat working because the reset point is reading 0v in diode mode on my multimeter. I find this odd and I thing this is another underlying issue. Just wanted to see if anyone else ran into this.

No I haven't added the resistors yet. Will do that in a few hours and get back to you.

poiu15

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Afghanistan
I join the question, i installed the rp2040 zero in a mariko v2 and works fine but the rp is too thick to close the console correctly without cutting the metal shell because is too thick, so in the near future i will replace for a thinner one, i was thinking in that picoboard you showed and in the tiny rp that i attach in the photo, anyone knows the pros and cons of each one ?
That yellow board looks like a home brew board. I'm not sure about the quality, but one thing for sure, the price is far more expensive. I don't think it's worth it. The rp2040-tiny is basically the same as rp2040-zero, it was designed for small form factor, so someone can solder it directly on other PCBs in their project. The only problem is on the company's website(waveshare. com), rp2040-tiny is in back order status. What's left on the market is double price right now. So maybe you want to wait for some time for the supply.

Last edited by poiu15,

Mawi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi guys, thanks for all the work. I've installed a couple of v1 and lite with MOSFEt with great result. Today i did a v2 with the Flex, but It take 1 minute and half to glitch. Can It be for the Flex cable or maybe v2 consoles do so?

Last edited by Mawi,

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Hi guys, thanks for all the work. I've installed a couple of v1 and lite with MOSFEt with great result. Today i did a v2 with the Flex, but It take 1 minute and half to glitch. Can It be for the Flex cable or maybe v2 consoles do so?
It should not be a v2 issue.
Which version of Flex are you using? Did you get to see how many mosfets in Flex? Try with 2 mosfets (if it's not too much trouble).

Mawi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It should not be a v2 issue.
Which version of Flex are you using? Did you get to see how many mosfets in Flex? Try with 2 mosfets (if it's not too much trouble).
V2 version with 2 mosfets, i'll doublecheck the soldering on the flex cable so

karatefeet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How reliable is the dat0 flex on OLEDs? I know some have 4 anchors to better secure it. I’ve done v2 and lites but haven’t done an oled. Asking as my attempts at reballing emmcs have been disastrous so would like to avoid lol.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
How reliable is the dat0 flex on OLEDs? I know some have 4 anchors to better secure it. I’ve done v2 and lites but haven’t done an oled. Asking as my attempts at reballing emmcs have been disastrous so would like to avoid lol.
No problems so far with 4anchor model. https://gbatemp.net/threads/picofly-a-hwfly-switch-modchip.622701/post-10162178

V2 version with 2 mosfets, i'll doublecheck the soldering on the flex cable so
Did you try changing the wire type, or maybe putting additional resistor to clk, cmd and dat0.
The longest I had was 30seconds but only 1st time. Then it went to 7-10.
Might also be a bad flex (not likely)

gataka

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
Good day to every one, i hope this is the pace to ask my question.

I installed RP2040-Zero on OLED. Hekate is working, but when i try to Create emuMMC or to Launch Stock i get this error : "Failed to init eMMC. Failed to Launch HOS!".

When i put HWFLY - it is working flawlessly. I used all the same wires to CLK, CMD, DAT0, RST 3.3v and GND. The only deferens is the CPU cable - for the HWFLY i used the original V3. For the Picofly i placed V2 cable with bridged 3 and 4 pins.

I flashed RP2040 with fw_2.67.uf2. I try several microcontrollers, nothing changed. There is new version for update fw_2.72.uf2. But when i try to flash it i get yellow blink. I bridged RGB jumper with solder on the rear of the RP2040 - again yellow light. When i try to run the console (that way with fw_2.72.uf2) - the screen of the switch is in purple color. Hekate don't run.
I try to put two additional resistors 47 ohm, one each on CMD and DAT0 - nothing changed.

simplified - Switch OLED is working great with HWFLY, but get an error Faild to init eMMC with Picofly (2.67).

I hope some one can advice. I don't see any other options. So I will be very grateful for any hep..

Last edited by gataka,
Reactions: chronoss

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania

I installed RP2040-Zero on OLED. Hekate is working, but when i try to Create emuMMC or to Launch Stock i get this error : "Failed to init eMMC. Failed to Launch HOS!".

When i put HWFLY - it is working flawlessly. I used all the same wires to CLK, CMD, DAT0, RST 3.3v and GND. The only deferens is the CPU cable - for the HWFLY i used the original V3. For the Picofly i placed V2 cable with bridged 3 and 4 pins.

I flashed RP2040 with fw_2.67.uf2. I try several microcontrollers, nothing changed. There is new version for update fw_2.72.uf2. But when i try to flash it i get yellow blink. I bridged RGB jumper with solder on the rear of the RP2040 - again yellow light. When i try to run the console (that way with fw_2.72.uf2) - the screen of the switch is in purple color. Hekate don't run.
I try to put two additional resistors 47 ohm, one each on CMD and DAT0 - nothing changed.

simplified - Switch OLED is working great with HWFLY, but get an error Faild to init eMMC with Picofly (2.67).

I hope some one can advice. I don't see any other options. So I will be very grateful for any hep..
The "first" 2.72 firmware had an issue. It was updated to this https://gbatemp.net/attachments/fw_2-72-uf2-pdf.372368/
So download this one and try again (if you have not done so already)

Also, check the RST line, maybe Pico is unable to init emmc because the cpu is getting in the way

Last edited by QuiTim,
Reactions: gataka

Aaron00923

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone have the new insturcations in a word document. I have a local repair shop that want to do it but they want a hard copy to see. I have tried printing the pdf but it prints everything on two pages and you can't read it.

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tried it and same thing
You just don't understand print settings in-depth enough.
multipagePDFprint.png
Open the pdf in Adobe Acrobat Reader, hit print, then hit the button that says "Poster" (boxed in red in the above image).

This splits the PDF across multiple pages to print.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: +1