Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
HELP!!!
By mistake I updated the stock firmware from the atmosphere via wifi, and now the console doesn't show anything after the Nintendo logo, can that be fixed somehow?

Ícono de validado por la comunidad

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't have custom firmware, the console was in atmosphere by software, it is a v1
Atmosphère is a custom firmware.
I'm not confused, I haven't put the picofly on it yet, I was updating to do so, the atmosphere was loaded via rcm...
If it is a vulnerable V1 that can already boot CFW, why would you want to install a Picofly? Wouldn't a Trinket be a better fit in this case?

Regarding your not-booting problem: I'd start by updating Atmosphère files on the SD card (but make backups first, just in case).

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Atmosphère is a custom firmware.

If it is a vulnerable V1 that can already boot CFW, why would you want to install a Picofly? Wouldn't a Trinket be a better fit in this case?

Regarding your not-booting problem: I'd start by updating Atmosphère files on the SD card (but make backups first, just in case).
Tomorrow I will install the picofly and update the micro sd files, after clear backup, and I will see if that works

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tomorrow I will install the picofly and update the micro sd files, after clear backup, and I will see if that works
If I understand correctly:
- it is a vulnerable v1,
- and you had it running Atmosphère,
- you updated HOS, and now it doesn't boot.
Then, installing a Picofly won't make it boot.

Still unclear, why do you want to do that with a v1? Is it just to avoid the RCM jig and payload injector?

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
If I understand correctly:
- it is a vulnerable v1,
- and you had it running Atmosphère,
- you updated HOS, and now it doesn't boot.
Then, installing a Picofly won't make it boot.

Still unclear, why do you want to do that with a v1? Is it just to avoid the RCM jig and payload injector?
because the client brought it to me to place picofly, and I don't have a jig to put it in rcm mode. The console after the update does not work in original mode, which is the only thing I can try until I put the chip in.

jkyoho

Trophies
Website
form.jotform.com
XP
Country
Canada
because the client brought it to me to place picofly, and I don't have a jig to put it in rcm mode. The console after the update does not work in original mode, which is the only thing I can try until I put the chip in.

View attachment 414962
Turn on device without emmc module will make v1/v2 straight into rcm mode, no need a jig

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
HELP!!!
By mistake I updated the stock firmware from the atmosphere via wifi, and now the console doesn't show anything after the Nintendo logo, can that be fixed somehow?

View attachment 414944
Surely you have corrupted boot0/boot1. It's easily fixed with a sthetix unbrick level 1, or manually boot 0/1 files. When Atmosphere is not supported by the firmware, the error is different.

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
Does anyone know where I can purchase this? I can’t seem to find a good seller.

Attachments

• IMG_0343.jpeg
    IMG_0343.jpeg
    545 KB · Views: 19
  • IMG_0342.jpeg
    IMG_0342.jpeg
    671.3 KB · Views: 25

Hassal

Trophies
XP
Country
United Arab Emirates
Does anyone know where I can purchase this? I can’t seem to find a good seller.
This will likely cost you more cause these people self print these so they are not economically friendly.

If you want to self print you can use this though it will cost you more than the traditional one but you get the benefit of having additional lines easily connected. Designed to be used with RP tiny and zero.

------
Better just buy the v2 available in the market, they are A LOT cheaper.

Attachments

• CPU FLEX.zip
    18.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by Hassal,
Reactions: dehydrated_lemur

JaRocker

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
This will likely cost you more cause these people self print these, so they are not economically friendly.

If you want to self print you can use this though it will cost you more than the traditional one but you get the benefit of having additional lines easily connected. Designed to be used with RP tiny and zero.

------
Better just buy the v2 available in the market, they are A LOT cheaper.
Thanks I found this on github wanted am easy option like just buying one from ally but I guess I just have to make a run at pcbway

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
there are even cpu takes 3.3v in it so pretty hard to tell what makes your 3.3v line wrong.
I spent a whole morning to find this culprit (a cap near 3.3v regulator). I don't know why when i injected voltage from psu it not getting hot. But by taking it blindly the 3.3v rail normal again.
Post automatically merged:

Chipped it. It is alive now. Now is the time to revisit the other one which can not connect to pc.

Attachments

• IMG_20240121_135347.jpg
    IMG_20240121_135347.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 26
  • IMG_20240121_143714.jpg
    IMG_20240121_143714.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
Last edited by superxoi,
Reactions: Myst0gan and jkyoho

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: In the early morning I got a fever and on top of that I can't stop thinking about killing...