Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

bilalhassan341

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think Bilal ment best wire/alloy for soldering. I would say sn62pb36ag2 but sn63pb37 is very good as well.
If your joints still look dry after using flux I would suggest changing flux type
Oh yeah that might be true Xd I use low melt solder for everything on switches wichone exactly I'm not sure, but flux is not flux there are huge defferents there
So, its time to change to low melting solder and a nice flux.

Edit: one more thing, does S-Lite has more points for clk and cmd. Because Dat0 has two points one under the heat copper pipe.
Post automatically merged:

second try
Nice. one thing I noticed when I did the lite is that if you done the lite mod you can easily do the v1 or v2.

Last edited by bilalhassan341,
Reactions: Alex_p

abal1000x

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I measure sxcore resistor on CMD CLK and Dat0
On CMD 0 ohms, on CLK and CMD 240Ohms.

The sxcore working prefectly. I doubt with the 0 ohms on CMD, maybe its broken, and the sxcore still wroking
If someone have sxcore board, please help me measure the resistor, to confirm this.

Menacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi,
I successfully installed picofly on a lite, getting the "no sd card" screen.
I prepared the SD card with sdsetup.com.
When I try to launch atmosphere, I get the error "unknown pkg1 version".
I tried to google it but couldn't make sense of it. Seems like the general solution is to update to latest versions of atmosphere, but I have the latest version.
Also, when I try to reboot into OFW, I get a black screen.
Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited by Menacer,

Alex_p

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Hi,
I tried to google it but couldn't make sense of it.
SDsetup isn't quite up to date. DL CTCaer/hekate from github and make sure you're using the latest payload, not fusee that came from SDsetup

Last edited by Alex_p,

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yes, first custom firmware build, set oc to 250mhz, also change sleep wait to 1000ms. All in main.c file.

1687618830268.png

Attachments

• 20230624_211654.jpg
    20230624_211654.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 21
  • 20230624_211719.jpg
    20230624_211719.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 21
  • 20230624_214408.jpg
    20230624_214408.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 19
  • 20230624_214437.jpg
    20230624_214437.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
  • 20230624_214224_1_1.mp4
    17.8 MB
Last edited by cgtchy0412,

cgtchy0412

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
T
You also have to adjust
OFFSET_MIN / OFFSET_MAX accordingly when changing the main clock
Thanks.
But im sorry, let me understand that part first. hihi.
Can you help to explain on the logic in the code on how to find best offset/weight.
Just maybe the sporadic glitch time after training can be caused by cannot find the best offset record. Or is it just that every glitch is unique so every once in a while old offset cannot work again.

Reactions: Switxh

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
I updated to latest hekate 6.0.5 and still get the same error :/

if you get black screen when booting ofw then the software on the sd card is not the problem. I would try adding stronger resistance on dat0/cmd. I normally use 100 ohms each to avoid ofw issues.

Menacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
if you get black screen when booting ofw then the software on the sd card is not the problem. I would try adding stronger resistance on dat0/cmd. I normally use 100 ohms each to avoid ofw issues.
Thanks for the tip. I installed a hwfly style board with flex cables, so it's kind of hard for me to do that.
I unplugged the chip, and booting was fine. I was on 16.0.1 (much newer than I thought) and updated to latest 16.0.3 but I still have the same issues.

Would it be possible that this phenomenon could be caused by bad soldering joints on the SoC caps? I thought these were where the glitching takes place. So when I saw this was successful, I figured it'd be fine.

Jafece

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are making it into hekate then the chip is fine. Your issue lies in software on your sd card. You should delete everything on the card minus the payload.bin file, and then put plain atmosphere and hekate on the card. If that boots then you can start figuring out what was missing from the pack you downloaded.

frozenboy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi,
I tried to google it but couldn't make sense of it. Seems like the general solution is to update to latest versions of atmosphere, but I have the latest version.
If you got black screen, then check slow mmc mode benchmark to see if it is the case,if it does, add more resistor

Menacer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
If you are making it into hekate then the chip is fine. Your issue lies in software on your sd card. You should delete everything on the card minus the payload.bin file, and then put plain atmosphere and hekate on the card. If that boots then you can start figuring out what was missing from the pack you downloaded.
Hekate boots up fine. I literally did the plain atmos/hekate thing.
For reference what I did from empty SD card:
* Extract atmosphere-1.5.4-master-3cb54e2b4+hbl-2.4.3+hbmenu-3.5.1.zip to root of SD
* Extract bootloader folder of hekate_ctcaer_6.0.5_Nyx_1.5.4_v2.zip to root of SD card
* Copy hekate_ipl.ini to bootloader folder

I know PicoFlyGuideV.6.2 mentions a payload.bin to be put in root of SD card. I did not have that, but I just renamed hekate_ctcaer_6.0.5.bin to payload.bin and put it to the root of the SD card. No change.

lightninjay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate boots up fine. I literally did the plain atmos/hekate thing.
For reference what I did from empty SD card:
* Extract atmosphere-1.5.4-master-3cb54e2b4+hbl-2.4.3+hbmenu-3.5.1.zip to root of SD
* Extract bootloader folder of hekate_ctcaer_6.0.5_Nyx_1.5.4_v2.zip to root of SD card
* Copy hekate_ipl.ini to bootloader folder

I know PicoFlyGuideV.6.2 mentions a payload.bin to be put in root of SD card. I did not have that, but I just renamed hekate_ctcaer_6.0.5.bin to payload.bin and put it to the root of the SD card. No change.
That is precisely what is implied, and many HATS guides will instruct you to do this.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Make your questions +1