MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
They named it PicoFly while obviously this is not Pico but Zero.

Was theoretized that it has too slow bus to be a glitching modchip. So I am very sceptical it's legit.
Providing uncutted video would be helpful.

Beside instalation looks like fire hazard on this pic. Curious if they even provide full instructions instead of just "solder here and here" and figure out mounting yourself.

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
This ain't gonna come out since we have yet to get more information about the project, of which there isn't from what I am aware of. Modding can be said than done with a HWFLY, or if you're one of the few lucky people with unpatched models, a Trinket M0 or RCM Loader.

Reactions: impeeza

ConsoleKid69

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Being in the modding scene for 20+ years im sceptical about this but I think its possible but not just program the chip and install. I wont be surprised if some kind of manual training will be required abit like the very early rgh days.
But hey we will see....

Reactions: mathew77

FruithatMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
From what I gather the picofly is 100% real.
I hope the original Russian dev gets the credit for making this.

Zecoxao most likely just dumped the firmware from the rp2040 which Matthew77 discovered on the Russian craigslist type site.
He is now probably rewriting the FW and improving it to take all the credit.
I have checked the site myself and can't find any more of these, otherwise I would have also purchased one myself.

There are many reasons to be excited about this.

Last edited by FruithatMods,

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
From what I gather the picofly is 100% real.
I hope the original Russian dev gets the credit for making this.

Zecoxao most likely just dumped the firmware from the rp2040 which Matthew77 discovered on the Russian craigslist type site.
He is now probably rewriting the FW and improving it to take all the credit.
I have checked the site myself and can't find any more of these, otherwise I would have also purchased one myself.

There are many reasons to be excited about this.

iolo57 already designed a pcb for the rp2040 for easy soldering :)

I admit that’s a decent amount of work to be just a hoax. Will wait patiently with my $9.00 investment in rp2040 boards.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sadly, unless stuff gets leaked, you wont be using those rp2040 boards for mod chips for the switch
And that's fine, since there are so many uses with them.

SylverReZ

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm just telling people now so they don't continue to join the hype train, when that train has been stopped long ago
Yep, very much the hype has died down, but I don't see why everybody is continuing to post here since we haven't got any good news from the guy yet. Could be either he's trolling or that its in the works, I am losing hope for this project.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do a raid10
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's tomorrow
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn Wal-Mart has 42" 4k TVs for only $150
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i bet it will not fit inside your bedroom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea here in North Korea, we are only allowed 1 19" tv per household. And the only channel we get is, MLT (Missile Launch Today)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, doesn't fit in his bedroom he's American
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I hate ordering stuff online if I can go buy it somewhere close to me, and everywhere anymore will give you a discount only if you order it online, bs. Should be a discount if I go pick it up, not order online.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I love it for most things most stores you just shows the receipt online and they scan it
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Makes it easy for incompetent restaurant staff that don't know how to hear an order
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mostly for big purchases, I want it in my hands before I pay. Like a tv, I trust picking it up myself, before I'd trust it being sent thru mail/delivery. (Broken screen, etc) But yea if I can order online, then pickup at store is ok, but not all places offer that.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    > Like a tv, I trust picking it up myself, before I'd trust it being sent thru mail/delivery. (Broken screen, etc)

Thing is, if you break it driving back to your house, it's your fault. But if the delivery driver damages it, it's not your fault.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most people that haul big tvs have empty trucks or know enough not to set it face down
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Then I gotta send it back and wait another week or two. I have a pickup truck, with a extended cab, so no prob for me.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Most manufacturers pack it well enough where they aren't that dumb to let it happen
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    They building a new Microcenter store near by me, is kinda scary. That's my favorite place, I'm like a kid in a candy store there.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, what's a microcenter?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cool I'll make you ship me stuff
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Microcenter sells high quality microwaves
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Computer store basically, but they sell everything, like game systems, tvs , 3d printers, etc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've seen i9/mobo deals for like 400
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea been itching to build a new pc, mine is like 3-4 years old, ancient in pc tech time. Still using a sata SSD even.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's still high tech to ancientboi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Kinda cool, I can buy a second Xbox for guests, and download all my purchased digital games to it, and play on both xboxs same time. Didn't know they allowed that.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Kinda cool, I can buy a second Xbox for guests, and download all my purchased digital games to...