Hacking Phantom Kingdom Portable: English Translation

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think i just wet my pants :) amazing work ChepChep between this and Pucelle u are keeping my PSP alive and it thanks you :grog:

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PKP is similar enough to LPR that most of the tools are mostly built but just need tweaking and testing. Ignis00 has been a huge help in the area of translating and inserting the text into the game. It really helps having two people doing it all instead of just myself like LPR.

Star-scream

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel I owe everyone an update since we have been so quiet. We are getting close to having a release. Things have been going very well with the translation. We have just about everything done in the game except the eboot.bin and the story line past chapter 1 which is mostly in the talk.dat file.

All NPC, items, names equipment, skills and etc are all translated and inserted into the game. I created a new toolkit for PKP since there are a bunch of new file format and tweaks on the ones from LPR. I am mostly waiting to make a release once we got the eboot.bin done with all the menus.

Awesome :D

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i support this project 100%
there was another person working on this project before you some time ago, named Santaros, i own the copy of the patch he provided, he just translated the menus, so you know what says attack, end, ect, but still seems more unplayable then i would like.

and what you provide seems to be far more viable for playing my favorite game in the world via psp

good luck mate and i will keep close attention on this project

Can't Wait for the first patch!

edit: i will test all available patches and provide feedback when they come available.

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the dirty secret right now is that we are about 95% done with all the PS2 content and its all inserted into the psp game. We had an issue with the eboot that has all the menu items so we had to redo it.

Once we are done with the eboot, we plan to release a patch soon with 95% of the PS2 content translated. We also figured out how to insert the english voices from the PS2 version so we plan at some point to release at least two version: one with JPN voice and another with ENG voice for the PS2 content.

I keep saying the patch is coming but it is. Hopefully my release from LPR will keep people interested in this PKP release for PSP.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, cool! It's great to hear you guys figured out a way to insert the audio. That's super!

ChepChep

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally I think LPR is a much better game since I like the mechanics and story significantly better.
PKP was a nice twist in the Makai world but it is very apparent that they rushed the game out.
There is very little story text in PKP, very few NPCs and not much new game+ content compared with LPR.

If you compare these games to other NIS games , I would still put LPR ahead of all them.

My favorites are as follows:

LPR
Disgaea 1
Disgaea 2
ZHP Unlosing Ranger VS Darkdeath Evilman
MKP
Disgaea D2: A Brighter Darkness
Phantom Brave
Disgaea 3
Disgaea 4

What are you guys favorites?

Gaming4Ever

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hella Nice ChepChep really anticipating this big time....and both English & Jap voices is a sweet bonus hopefully we don't have to wait long now :yaypsp:

Randqalan

The Wheel of Time Turns
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes I know I am an odd one

Like this best myself
Soul Nomad & the World Eaters
12-1.jpg

Reactions: Linka

Star-scream

Trophies
XP
Country
man I am happy that you are doing this for everyone I haven't finshed this game when it was back on the ps2 so im happy man keep up the good way :bow:

heatblade12

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The dirty secret is that the game is 95% English, and that is by far more playable then i would i of anticipated so soon! sounds like you should upload the patch today for us to test ;)

Edit: Favorite by far is phantom kingdom/makai kingdom :P you can say i been waiting for years for this project to happen (and complete)
edit 2: did not realize there was a problem with that eboot and you needed to redo it.

Linka

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm, if I had to rank my favorite NIS games?

1. Disgaea 3 (ahaha we're sorta opposite, chep...)
2. La Pucelle Ragnarok (favorite leveling system tbh.)
3. Soul Nomad
4. Phantom Brave
5. Disgaea D2
6. Disgaea 4
7. ZHP
8. Disgaea 2
9. Makai Kingdom (I really think this game needs a full-out remake someday.)
10. Disgaea 1 (really, it's only so low because it's system is just. so antiquated now. It's actually a little bit of a pain to go through anymore.)
11. Guided Fate Paradox (boy I gotta beat this game sometime.) / Witch and the Hundred Knight (GOTTA BEAT THIS TOO, it gets to be on the same level)
12. Rhapsody
13. The Prinny games
14. Disgaea Infinite
15. Rhapsody DS (this gets a special mention since they entirely changed the battle system. which is sad, I liked the mini-SRPG battles.)

Really, Makai/Phantom Kingdom being as it was? Was a real shame for the game, but it was the result of production. They were developing a different game entirely, but it got scrapped, so they had to cobble together what they had and make a new game. It's where Asagi ended up spawning from, as a result, since that was her first secret character appearance. But after just how stunning Phantom Brave's story scenes were and how bright and vibrant the environments were? Makai Kingdom coming after it was a real downer. At the least, the game is still interesting, and I look forward to what the Petta chapters bring for the game.

Aside from that though? I pretty much love all NIS games. It's one of my favorite RPG groups (next to Gust and their Atelier games), I'm just glad to see the games getting this kinda support! I look forward to PKP getting it's translation.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Meta what's @Psionic Roshambo onlyfans password