Homebrew RELEASE pFBA: final burn alpha

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I just wanted to chime in and say thanks one more time for this awesome release! Cause it should be release.rather than WIP imo.
It's like night and day comparing ver 1.55 with other versions. Previously my megadrive games had stutter sound but with this version, I feel like I'm on my very console!
Kudos @cpasjuste
Really? All megadrive games I've tested so far had sound speed issues and horrible crackling instead of bass. Most other systems seem to run fine except of aspect ratio failure on cps1-3(but that seems to be a problem with FBA in general as the previews that someone took also have a wrong aspect ratio. Also if you use no scaling its still wrong so its not a scaling issue. But if you use Fit4:3 it looks fine.).

Last edited by T-Error,

Zumoly

GBATemp Analyst
Trophies
XP
Country
Mali
Which romset are you using?

Well...I haven't downloaded a whole romset. Just a few fav titles compatible with pfba.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Really? All megadrive games I've tested so far had sound speed issues and horrible crackling instead of bass. Most other systems seem to run fine except of aspect ratio failure on cps1-3(but that seems to be a problem with FBA in general as the previews that someone took also have a wrong aspect ratio. Also if you use no scaling its still wrong so its not a scaling issue. But if you use Fit4:3 it looks fine.).

Well, these are pretty much the same Roma I used with the previous versions. Sonic 2 was running fine but with unpleasant audio. With this update I can't believe the difference!

Backspace696

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
PCEngine have issues with aspect ratio both in docked and portable mode. But aside this, everything works fine :D
P.S: except Mortal Kombat for arcade machine - no sound and low fps

Reactions: SaffronXL

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
aspect ratio issue huh you mean in docked or portable?
Both. Games like Streetfighter Alpha show up nearly stretched to 16:9 when set to Fit. But with Metal Slug it is more like 4:3 when set to Fit. I first thought those CPS games were 16:9 but then noticed oval objects that should be round. When I set it to Fit4:3 it looks right with those games. I testet games from all systems but(if I remember right) only with CPS1-3 this stretching occured.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Both. Games like Streetfighter Alpha show up nearly stretched to 16:9 when set to Fit. But with Metal Slug it is more like 4:3 when set to Fit. I first thought those CPS games were 16:9 but then noticed oval objects that should be round. When I set it to Fit4:3 it looks right with those games. I testet games from all systems but(if I remember right) only with CPS1-3 this stretching occured.
The 4:3 option is here just for that :) In "fit" mode, it just scale without changing aspect ratio. Those games were developed in 16/9 or so but rendered on 4/3 arcade monitors.

Last edited by cpasjuste,

T-Error

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The 4:3 option is here just for that :)
Yes you're right. But I was just confused why the results of the "Fit"-setting seem not to be stretched on other cabinets. Not that it is something you have to look into but it is a bit confusing when you want to set a game to the intended aspect ratio and don't know the aspect ratio of the original cabinet it was designed for.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Yes you're right. But I was just confused why the results of the "Fit"-setting seem not to be stretched on other cabinets. Not that it is something you have to look into but it is a bit confusing when you want to set a game to the intended aspect ratio and don't know the aspect ratio of the original cabinet it was designed for.
Yes, to be clear most cps games native resolution is 384x224 while neogeo ones is 320x224. So in 2x, 3x and fit mode cps games are wider !

Last edited by cpasjuste,
Reactions: T-Error
D

Deleted User

I play on "full" and it looks fine to me. Both portable and docked. Just saying.

_Shebang

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Works awesome! Played some Metal Slug and for the most part it's totally playable, except when there's loads of explosions happening or during the end game transition the FPS drops.

cpasjuste

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Works awesome! Played some Metal Slug and for the most part it's totally playable, except when there's loads of explosions happening or during the end game transition the FPS drops.
There's no (real) fps drops in fact, you have the same slowdowns in arcade cabinets ("metal slug x" was made to correct this for example).

Reactions: SaffronXL

Ty_

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hold power button for 15 seconds, it will power off. Your switch went to sleep mode. Make sure to enter the main menu by pressing any button 3 times after you inject payload and your switch is booting past the logo otherwise it will go to sleep in a few seconds.

This. Even now I sometimes forget and have to do the whole reboot/RCM thing again

Purple_Shyguy

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi @cpasjuste
Am I allowed to make two suggestion?
- Can we have the option to delete roms?
- Can you also make controls customizable for each game?
Marci.

Someone just released "NX Shell" file browser homebrew which can let you delete files. Which is quite handy.

Also don't each game already let you customise controls per game? - button during game saves for that Rom does it not? I may be mistaken.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: This parrot is no more it has ceased to be!