Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So, as the title suggests, this thread is for posting and comparing tier lists in regard to how you believe the SSBU characters measure up. Feel free to leave any characters you're unfamiliar with as unassigned. I'll start:

S tier - Simon/Richter, Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Young Link, Ness/Lucas

A tier - Mewtwo, Marth, Ike, Sonic, Inkling, Bayonetta, Cloud, Roy, Shulk, Meta Knight, Lucina, Falco, Chrom, Isabelle/Villager, Yoshi, Palutena

B tier - Ganondorf, Link, Ice Climbers, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Corrin, Sheik, Robin, Zero Suit Samus, Mega Man, Olimar, King K Rool, ROB, Little Mac, Game and Watch, Zelda, Ridley, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Fox, Luigi, Mario, Pichu

C tier - Duck Hunt, Greninja, Snake, Pit/Dark Pit, Wolf, Bowser Jr, Samus/Dark Samus, King Dedede, Jigglypuff, Miis, Wii Fit Trainer, Peach/Daisy, Dr. Mario, Wario

D tier - Kirby, Rosalina and Luma

F tier - Incineroar

I tried to go strongest to weakest from left to right with some estimation. Overall balance seems a lot better than in previous iterations of Smash, with the vast majority of fighters ending up in B tier from my experience. No character is completely nonviable, you just have to work a bit harder to get wins with the lower tier characters.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Agusto101

Agusto101

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
So, as the title suggests, this thread is for posting and comparing tier lists in regard to how you believe the SSBU characters measure up. Feel free to leave any characters you're unfamiliar with as unassigned. I'll start:

S tier - Simon/Richter, Pikachu, Diddy Kong, Young Link, Ness/Lucas

A tier - Mewtwo, Marth, Ike, Sonic, Inkling, Bayonetta, Cloud, Roy, Shulk, Lucina, Falco, Ganondorf, Chrom, Snake, Isabelle/Villager, Yoshi, Palutena

B tier - Meta Knight, Link, Ice Climbers, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, Corrin, Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Mega Man, Olimar, King K Rool, ROB, Little Mac, Game and Watch, Zelda, Ridley, Pac-Man, Donkey Kong, Bowser, Fox, Luigi, Mario, Wii Fit Trainer, Duck Hunt

C tier - Greninja, Pit/Dark Pit, Wolf, Bowser Jr, Pichu, Samus/Dark Samus, Jigglypuff, Peach/Daisy, Pichu, Dr. Mario, Wario

D tier - Kirby, Rosalina and Luma, Incineroar

I tried to go strongest to weakest from left to right with some estimation. Overall balance seems a lot better than in previous iterations of Smash, with the vast majority of fighters ending up in B tier from my experience. No character is completely nonviable, you just have to work a bit harder to get wins with the lower tier characters.
I think k rool are at least tier A the rest seems Fine.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Meta Knight in B tier? Were you playing Kirby Star Allies instead of Smash bros?
Sir Meta Knight is a monster. Id dare to say its on par with Pikachu
He's good but he's no Brawl MK. He's just a bit floaty for my tastes and his range on most of his kit is short, even though he is quick and has a couple decent gap closers. Certain characters can give him a really hard time.

Pichu and Peach/daisy in C, Rosaluma in D, ganon, snake and palutena in A, pokemon trainer, meta knight and WFT in B :blink:
Just my own list, and I am more familiar with some characters than others. You're encouraged to make your own list. :)

The miis are in the game so...yeah good try dude.
The Miis are really hard to place because they're so variable. On average probably somewhere between B and C tier.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Agusto101

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's good but he's no Brawl MK. He's just a bit floaty for my tastes and his range on most of his kit is short, even though he is quick and has a couple decent gap closers. Certain characters can give him a really hard time.

The Miis are really hard to place because they're so variable. On average probably somewhere between B and C tier.

Dunno dude, but I really disagree on the Meta Knight. I've been playing him since release and let me tell you, it feels like it has no counter at all. Mewtwo is a bit annoying if he camps under platforms but that's pretty much it!
As for the Miis, I haven't tried them at all because they don't really interest me but most of the tier lists place them at the bottom :)

Reactions: Xzi

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Dunno dude, but I really disagree on the Meta Knight. I've been playing him since release and let me tell you, it feels like it has no counter at all. Mewtwo is a bit annoying if he camps under platforms but that's pretty much it!
As for the Miis, I haven't tried them at all because they don't really interest me but most of the tier lists place them at the bottom :)
After having played him a bit more online I'm starting to agree, Meta Knight is pretty beast. Side B is such a reliable harass and KO move. Down B hits very hard too but has a lot more utility as an escape as well. And of course all his tilts/smashes have virtually no start or end lag.

I moved some stuff around on the list. Changelog: Pichu from C to B. Duck Hunt from B to C. Wii Fit Trainer from B to C. Snake from A to C. Ganondorf from A to B. Meta Knight from B to A. Incineroar from D to F.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: radicalwookie

radicalwookie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After having played him a bit more online I'm starting to agree, Meta Knight is pretty beast. Side B is such a reliable harass and KO move. Down B hits very hard too but has a lot more utility as an escape as well. And of course all his tilts/smashes have virtually no start or end lag.

I moved some stuff around on the list. Changelog: Pichu from C to B. Duck Hunt from B to C. Wii Fit Trainer from B to C. Snake from A to C. Ganondorf from A to B. Meta Knight from B to A. Incineroar from D to F.
Oh boy you just reminded me now to try the Duck Hunt duo, I completely forgot about those guys. :D

Reactions: Xzi

tides

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is it because kirby is the first unlock that everyone is neglecting him?

he's super easy to use and really good

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
is it because kirby is the first unlock that everyone is neglecting him?

he's super easy to use and really good
I like his dash attack, but that's about all I like when it comes to Kirby in Ultimate. His specials are bad. Nobody is ever gonna get hit by the rock and the hammer is just like a shorter-range smash attack for him. In all other respects Kirby is basically a slower Meta Knight. The other 'all-around' medium fighters (Lucario/Link/Cloud) simply do everything better.

Last edited by Xzi,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I'm devastated