Hacking Persona 5 Japanese VA not showing up with backed up copy of the game

FoxofGrey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having issues with installing the Persona 5 Japanese VA pack. I'm running a backed up copy of my game on my Rebug 4.81 CFW Phat PS3. I haven't connected to the Theive's Guild network yet due to not having the lastest FW for the console, so I wonder if that could be the issue or not. Also I tried installing the VA pack and the game in both orders, with the same result.

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I don't think connecting to the Thieve's Guild network had anything to do with whether the VA pack would work or not (used to own a copy of the game), but I'm pretty sure that if the DLC installed properly there should be a toggle to switch between ENG/JP in the in-game settings menu. It should show up just like in the video below:

If it still doesn't work (ie. The option's not there if you've already kept trying to install/reinstall the DLC), maybe you should try redownloading it from elsewhere. I had a similar issue when I was trying to get another game's DLC to work and it turned out the one I had downloaded was corrupted.

FoxofGrey

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think connecting to the Thieve's Guild network had anything to do with whether the VA pack would work or not (used to own a copy of the game), but I'm pretty sure that if the DLC installed properly there should be a toggle to switch between ENG/JP in the in-game settings menu. It should show up just like in the video below:

If it still doesn't work (ie. The option's not there if you've already kept trying to install/reinstall the DLC), maybe you should try redownloading it from elsewhere. I had a similar issue when I was trying to get another game's DLC to work and it turned out the one I had downloaded was corrupted.

I don't get that option when I install the DLC. I've downloaded the DLC through PSN officially. And I can confirm that I'm using a US copy of Persona 5. I've heard about a DLC fix out there, but I couldn't find it still.

KyleHyde

Trophies
XP
Country
Puerto Rico
I don't get that option when I install the DLC. I've downloaded the DLC through PSN officially. And I can confirm that I'm using a US copy of Persona 5. I've heard about a DLC fix out there, but I couldn't find it still.
Ah, I see. I've never tried using legit DLC with game backups, but it seems I found a post elsewhere saying that if your game's a backup legit DLC (via PSN) won't work at all. You'll have to find a copy of the DLC and install it manually.

Reactions: THYPLEX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ