Hacking Question Permanent Violet Screen on Switch.

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well they can always try a completely different approach trying to glitch the SOC like on the X360 RGH if they ever find a way to do it, however Switch's space is also very limited and not very friendly for that type of harmodes as fat consoles ;)

Over my dead body will anyone ever make permanent physical modifications to one of my devices, but that's just me.

guily6669

GbaTemp is my Drug
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my RGH is still alive with thousands and thousands of hours of use... CFW on the drive was the worse crap ever as all you could do is nothing other than spending a lot of money on expensive DVD-DL (at least back then here) and run backups...

And I also got tired of having to open my X360 all the time to update my drive's FW, though I also simply take the situation to always fully clean it :).

Irastris

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well my RGH is still alive with thousands and thousands of hours of use... CFW on the drive was the worse crap ever as all you could do is nothing other than spending a lot of money on expensive DVD-DL (at least back then here) and run backups...

And I also got tired of having to open my X360 all the time to update my drive's FW, though I also simply take the situation to always fully clean it :).

Not trying to say hardmodding is bad or a death trap or whatever, It's just not my thing. To each their own.

martyjake

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Probably a stupid n00b question, but whatever. Why can't he reinstall a new Switch OS? Someone said he can still use Linux, so why not just a new copy? He would only have to call Nintendo to delink his account from his old system.

TallahaseeTosh

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This clever fellow somehow got a program on his computer to try and "fix" the non-compliant eMMC GPT after he had it in UMS mode (nintendo doesn't care so they swap the partGuid and partType fields, as a consequence something that is supposed to be unique, isn't, making it non-compliant), restoring the stock GPT to his switch fixed it (he says the culprit might be the ext2 volume manager from the program he installed to be able to mount ext4 partitions on his Windows PC, that may or may not be the case)

If you also managed to do this, go get gptrestore from https://switchtools.sshnuke.net and run it (Source code available at https://github.com/rajkosto/gptrestore)

I have the same puple screen. When i run gpt restore it says failed to init eMMC?

The14thfly

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Must be broken but i have no idea how.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

If I let the battery completly die it boots normally into the switch OS. Then if i try to restart instant purple screen.

Try opening the device, disconnecting the battery, and connecting it back. Maybe that will solve the problem?

Gootah

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After reading this thread I immediately disabled auto-RCM and started a NAND backup. My questions now is, how do you restore it?

neoxharsh

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
It looks more like a laptop's track pad that have RGB lightning in it. Alienware laptops have that. The keyboard on the top also has the same color. Can be a troll.

The keyboard is having German layout

Last edited by neoxharsh,

Insidious611

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm wondering if rajkosto's "updating your switch unofficially" method could actually be used to reflash your whole system from scratch with a usable firmware if it's screwed like this. I guess you need your system's biskeys first though.

See if biskeydump still works. If so, you might be in business.

rajkosto

Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm wondering if rajkosto's "updating your switch unofficially" method could actually be used to reflash your whole system from scratch with a usable firmware if it's screwed like this. I guess you need your system's biskeys first though.

See if biskeydump still works. If so, you might be in business.

they seem to have a hardware problem

poulp3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I had this violet screen while using NXLoader. I didn't do anything special to solve it. I think I just held the power button a few seconds... Am I lucky ??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: He's old they're already roasted +1