Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Segatron

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer to write with highlighters as much as possible.
But if I had to choose one, pencils because mistakes are easier to fix

Densetsu

Pubic Ninja
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
For some reason my hand gets tired writing with pencil, but when I write with pen, it doesn't get tired at all.

When I take notes, I like to use non-lined paper and colored pens so I can color-code different sections. In general, I tend to use pen more than pencil because I like crisp black lines. But I'm very picky about my pens. Right now my favorite brand of pen is the Uni-ball Vision Elite (Micro) or the Uni-ball Signo.

When I do math, physics and chemistry problems, I tend to use mechanical pencil. No particular reason why, but it's just that I've come to associate those subjects with using pencil. I also only use certain brands of mechanical pencil, like Pentel or Mitsubishi. They just feel better to grip and seem more precision-engineered than, say, Bic mechanical pencils.

Under normal circumstances I absolutely refuse to use wooden pencils, except for one instance: when I'm taking a standardized multiple-choice test where you have to fill in the answer bubbles. When the tips are dull you can fill in the bubbles faster.

Galacta

>:)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I like both, pen and pencil.

The Pen is great for writing, its more visible than pencil IMO and you wont have those breaking things that happen to the Pencils. I use a normal BIC pen.
smileipb2.png

Pencils are used for ONLY drawing. Pencils get that feel into sketching and drawing. Where as pen, if your drawing gets mucked up, your done.But with the mighty pencil, you can get a good quality eraser and rub it out. Rubbed out sections should be 0.01% visible.
gbasp.gif

NEVER try the bendy pencils, theyre just..... crap IMO.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
pencil: it is slower (higher friction) and all the better to make my near illegible scrawl better with.

While there have been some sideways remarks nothing has ever been said when it comes to marking stuff (although that may have been more along the lines of surprise that I did the coursework in the first place and not wanting to damage the newly emerging trend).

Nowadays I would get odd looks if I did anything by hand which is OK by me although it is odd when you write for the first time in months and your hand has atrophied in the meantime, preferable to exam hand cramp (those 3 hour essay exams are horrific even if I can pass myself off as ambidextrous).

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
I like them both in equal measure
smile.gif

Except fountain pens, they can just go to hell. I spent years getting it in the neck for my terrible handwriting when we were forced to use them in school. Turns out it was just the pens, I press too hard to use them effectively (even snapped a nib once). Biros are brilliant.

xalphax

Internet killed the Ponystar.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Croatia
GameSoul said:
I'm left-handed. Ink smears on my pinky finger. This happen with a pencil too. Drawing=pencil writing=pen

this.

i can write with my right hand too, but only slow if it needs to look neat. cant do that in class, the teacher talks way too fast.

maybe i will get faster over the years. simultaneously writing with both hands would be cool ^^

Santee

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pen if it has a sharp tip even more if it has an eraser even more but I'm using a mechanical pencil that has a big eraser and clicker thing where my thumb goes i still make mistakes though
smileipb2.png
but i hate those people who never make mistakes and get everything perfect and brag about it
mad.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Woke