Hacking Peculiar bug with FFVI on Snes9X for Wii

CambridgeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I've encountered a really strange bug when playing Final Fantasy VI (RPGOne translation) on Snes9X for the Wii (Unofficial Version by LoPsT v.3.1).

When you are on the world map, you walk to the left, constantly. If you press right, you will walk to the right, but any other direction does nothing. Strangely, there is nothing wrong with navigating towns, dungeons, battles or menus.

I've tried this with both classic controller and a standalone Wii remote. Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this problem, and what I may be able to do to fix it?

Pikachu025

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've heard of this before... uhm... I think it was turn off some transparency effect or something, not sure. Fiddle around with the options.

CambridgeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have (rather unsatisfactorily) fixed this. It seems that turning on FPS display fixes, but why this helps, i cannot fathom. it's perfectly playable with FPS display on, so play i shall. also, turning transparency off fixes it too, but then the game has all sorts of glitches.

This is truly bizarre though. So here I pose a question to you all: Why would *not* showing FPS on the screen cause my character to move to the left on the world map?

And one other thing, to those who might know a little more than me: how easy would this be to fix? i mean, source code is available, so anyone could popentially do it. Would anyone want to give it a try perhaps?

EDIT: btw, this problem does not occur on the other emulators that I have tried, namely ZSNES and SNES9X for Windows.

CambridgeGuy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Mysticcal said:
i had this problem with a wad. I think it was when i switched controllers or something. reset the emulator.

no, resetting won't help, this is one persisntent little bug.

that's enteresting what you say there though: that this bug is present on a (presumably) injected virtual console version of the game. i wonder why... this seems to be emulator specific, so if the vc has this problem too, what conclusions could we draw. now i'm only speculating here, but is it possible thta Nintendo theemselves used Snes9X source code when developing their virtual console emulators?

Jacobeian

Trophies
XP
Country
Cuba
don't jump so fast to conclusions: I think by "wad", he means the snes9x emulator channel, not the VC one (is FF3 out btw ?)

this is certainly a bug from Lopst implementation of Classic Controller support, I don't remember seeing such issue while playing with the original version.. what happen if you disconnect the controller from the wiimote ?

logical-dude

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lecture.gif
the walking to the left bug on the world map has nothing to do with which version of the game you play..

if you try playing it with v2.5 it works fine...

something happened in v3.0 and 3.1 that screws up the game..

thats why i stuck with v2.5
rolleyes.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Materia_tofu @ Materia_tofu: this is true! i learned how to make soundfont remixes from a friend back in 2021 +1