Gaming PC Speakers

Lee060282

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Im looking to buy some new pc speakers in the UK, I already have a cheap 5.1 set up but im wanting something with abit of POWER! maybe something with enough bass to hit the brown note... Anyone got any good recommendations or links? Not too fussed about the price range as long as it dosn't take the p**s. Thanks for your time.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Geared for the PC: good luck.

I will however say mod your existing kit:
5:1 speakers are nothing special as far as electronics go, the only reason for the central "hub" is to have a unified control point (you can use multiple normal speakers to make ?.1 setup). The controls and the like are probably more than adequate for most people but it is the actual speaker where things come undone for audio quality.

Even though the little speakers are small they are probably quite powerful in terms of wattage (not that it is hard to scale up or down) and you can probably source some good speakers of equivalent wattage (old stereos are a great place to look). There is usually a dedicated speaker shop in even decent sized town/city I have been in lately.

sweenish

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
go with logitech's biggest, baddest speakers.

on the PC, they don't get too much better without going professional.

i believe logitech also offers coax and optical SPDIF standard on their more expensive sets. that's along with the the individual speaker jacks as well.

http://www.logitech.com/index.cfm/speakers...24&cl=us,en
those are THX certifiied. and MUCH cheaper if you look around. amazon sells them at nearly half off the retail.

Lee79

Hyper...Active...Team Fortress 2 Addict
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
FAST6191 said:
Geared for the PC: good luck.

I will however say mod your existing kit:
5:1 speakers are nothing special as far as electronics go, the only reason for the central "hub" is to have a unified control point (you can use multiple normal speakers to make ?.1 setup). The controls and the like are probably more than adequate for most people but it is the actual speaker where things come undone for audio quality.

Even though the little speakers are small they are probably quite powerful in terms of wattage (not that it is hard to scale up or down) and you can probably source some good speakers of equivalent wattage (old stereos are a great place to look). There is usually a dedicated speaker shop in even decent sized town/city I have been in lately.

Yeah that is what i did to my 2.1 speakers cut off the rubbish one's that came with it and wired up some KEF model 60S speakers. Sounds so much better.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol