Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Right, but the only thing that happened in between section 1 and section 2 #14 was the use of tiny format. For those who already used tiny format i dont see a reason for the second back up, unless im missing something
If the downgrade fails and you have to restore a backup, you don't have to go through the tinyformat process + sysUpdater install again.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I hate to be that guy but its already up to page 106. On a N3DSXL so the only risky bit is flashing the Sysnand with the 2.1 build?
If it fails then I need to hardmod?

Side note I find emuNANDTool_1.0.1.exe and emuNANDTool_1.0.3.exe better for emunand dumping and restoring. Via pc its much faster.
Yes.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Plailect, Thank you for your OTP Guide. By following your guide I was able to successfully dump OTP.bin from 2 N3DS and 1 O3DS. I should have thanked you much earlier but I got caught up in all the arm9loaderhax hype and dropped the ball. Keep up the great work.
You're welcome :D

Riku358

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
sorry to bother you . i got this in the attemp to downgrado to 2.1 my emunand 10.6 . what should i do , when I restart i see my emunand is on 2.1 but i don't know if i the extracting otp will be good edit: I´m in old 3ds xd
PT9OJxl.jpg

Last edited by Riku358,

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sorry to bother you . i got this in the attemp to downgrado to 2.1 my emunand 10.6 . what should i do , when I restart i see my emunand is on 2.1 but i don't know if i the extracting otp will be good edit: I´m in old 3ds xd

Your emuNAND downgrade failed, restore emunand from the emunand_formatted.bin backup and try again.

Hyura

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have restored once again and downgrade again , but the same thing goes :c . Is it secure to downgrade to 4.5 first?

I have no idea, haha. I'm actually asking before I think about doing on mine :P

A friend of mine did the downgrade to 4.5 first and it worked.

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how are the success rates so far for N3DSXLs and 2.1? I thought I remember reading about some of those firmwares not having some support for newer devices and causing bricks.
These some kind of frankenfirmware combo?

pre10c

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
So how are the success rates so far for N3DSXLs and 2.1? I thought I remember reading about some of those firmwares not having some support for newer devices and causing bricks.
These some kind of frankenfirmware combo?

yeah on n3ds you have to run a unbrick script wich will inject certain o3ds files to make a frankenfirmware so it would boot.

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah on n3ds you have to run a unbrick script wich will inject certain o3ds files to make a frankenfirmware so it would boot.
Ok kool, Ill just follow the tutorial. In the process of also building my new desktop so I'd rather not have to break out the soldering iron and do a hardmod too. :)

So what are some of perks of A9lh?
I'm currently using menuhax>ctrboot>rei. So this would replace the not 100% menuhax and allow a more successful straight boot to rei/emu?

FenrirWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yup. a9lh makes it so that you are running cfw the instant you power on your console and you can boot directly to your emunand with 100% success rate.

Riku358

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I have no idea, haha. I'm actually asking before I think about doing on mine :P

A friend of mine did the downgrade to 4.5 first and it worked.
mmm one thing Should I have to unlink my emunand and sysnand before doing the downgrade stuff? , that Native_Firm make me crazy xd

TheGlow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
New release with OTPHelper support!
All pages have been moved to wiki format as a part of a lager guide that includes arm9loaderhax info!

https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/OTP-Info

The old URLs now redirect here.
Thanks, half way through the old one :).
So I'm in the process of matching up to where I was, which was right after the downgrade.
I typically prefer using the pc emunandtool to speed it up, but this definitely seems to cut back on the amount of backups.
Only thing worth noting is you seem mention delete the Updates folder and copy 2.1 updates in Section 1 and the same steps again in section 2.

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks, half way through the old one :).
So I'm in the process of matching up to where I was, which was right after the downgrade.
I typically prefer using the pc emunandtool to speed it up, but this definitely seems to cut back on the amount of backups.
Only thing worth noting is you seem mention delete the Updates folder and copy 2.1 updates in Section 1 and the same steps again in section 2.
Heh, whoops

grandem

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
There are so many tutorials for CFW so i am a bit confused.
But because you mentioned menuhax as outdated.
Is there any advantage with this guide?

Dr Eggman

I am THE Eggman.
Trophies
Website
facebook.com
XP
Country
Canada
Any ideas everyone? I'm having issues with the downgrade: keeps erroring out at 0004003000008F02.cia. I've formatted emunand, retried multiple times. I've used the same microSD to the exact same thing on another 3DS earlier, but doesn't seem to work.

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question, for those that don't know (i know a little but not enough) what's the difference between:
- otp-0x108
- otp-0x100 (this one we need for arm9loaderhax)

0x108 includes the TWL ID, which isn't currently used for anything but may come in handy in the future so I have users dump it anyways.

Reactions: DjoeN

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I wonder if that was the point of game streaming
    But it's a dead end
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, people who cant download it can still play the game
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    If your internet speeds are fast enough. Streaming 4k takes alot. I used to only have 20mb sec, and 4k struggled. Now I have 300mb sec and 4k plays fine.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, i only have like 1 or 2 mb sec
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Did you feed the hamster in your internet router? It prob died and is running slow now.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, why did you start saying my pc has a hamster in the first place?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Its actua!ly just a old joke, meaning its slow. Was just kidding around with you.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I bet @AncientBoi has some hamsters hidden somewhere tho....
    +2
    I think Game streaming should work like this.... Local Hardware able the run the game fine, game engine and common assets stored locally, all FMV and music and textures could be streaming
    +1
    Some temporary storage
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    also @BigOnYa im making some progress on my gdevelop project, implemented various mechanics
    They went all in on streaming, should have been more of a hybrid approach
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or free government supplied high speed internet be nice also. Like Obama care. Xdqwerty that's cool, its time consuming but rewarding once done or playable, to see what you've made from scratch. Animations take forever, but worth it.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, although the bullets are a bit buggy
    +1
    Not to mention this would be a massive pain to pirate
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa,
    and the visual aspect of the game is quite crude (the sprite that looks best is that of the protagonist just because he is a stickman with sunglasses)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    There is a bullets behaviour you assign to your character, that makes the code easier, under "behaviours"
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i meant that when the character is pointing to the right, the bullets spawn where they should, but when he is on the right, they move to the right but the spawn point is incorrect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Itch.io has lots of free assets also. Under the bullets behavior tab, there is a "rotate bullets" option, can try that. Or in the code can try
    - fire bullet Player.X(PlayerDirection)
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    im taking a break for today anyway
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    YEa gotta after a while, looking at code for long periods will bug your eyes.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to learn, but fun once you get the hang of it. I think I've watched every tutorial video there is, but I still struggle sometimes to get stuff to work right. But gotta keep trying dif things, and eventually you will get it right.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: That's cool tho, I'm proud of you going back to it, not giving up. It is difficult at first to... +1