Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nand restore payload is being tested for 2.1.0-4 with spider atm, if it works fine, the last issue will be fine ; and also, most of those issues can be fixed with a pyhton script ^^
and also...don't update to 10.5, it kinda bricks ^^' i have proof of that sitting next to me (i'll have a sd reader for my nand mod by the end of the week, so whatev')
By who? I haven't seen this yet.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a slight problem. I have a eur n3ds with only OoT and live in Chicago so other eur games are
Hard to come by...I also have a gateway.

Can I use my OoT cart to boot into gateway from 2.1 and use gateway to boot a 4.5 game and update sysnand? Or Better yet restore my nand backup?

Last edited by Classicgamer,

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a slight problem. I have a eur n3ds with only OoT and live in Chicago so other eur games are
Hard to come by...I also have a gateway.

Can I use my OoT cart to boot into gateway from 2.1 and use gateway to boot a 4.5 game and update sysnand? Or Better yet restore my nand backup?
OOTHax does not work on 2.1. A nand restore from browser is being worked on and a cart will no longer be required.

Classicgamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OOTHax does not work on 2.1. A nand restore from browser is being worked on and a cart will no longer be required.

oh I thought OoThax worked on everything up to 9.2 (if you have the hax already installed). I planned on booting it and launching the gw menu lol!

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Trying this on a N3DS XL (U), I'll let you guys know how it goes.

Don't have a hard mod, but I love tinkering with shit. Worst case, I spend like ~$50 to get someone to hardmod it and NAND restore.

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau

Don't have a hard mod, but I love tinkering with shit. Worst case, I spend like ~$50 to get someone to hardmod it and NAND restore.
don't think it's a good idea at all , since even if you succeed to downgrade , how will you update back to 9.2 again?(updating with a gamecard will brick your n3ds)

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

I would at least wait until the 2.x browser payload for restoring NAND has been tested and released.

Reactions: klear

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
would there be any incentive for a pyhton script to generate the 2.x bootable sysnand for N3DS from a bricked 2.x emunand backup and the 2 xorpads and a firm0 partition dump (to check for successful downgrade) ?

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
don't think it's a good idea at all , since even if you succeed to downgrade , how will you update back to 9.2 again?(updating with a gamecard will brick your n3ds)
That's true, completely forgot about that portion :P

Thanks mitroux, I guess I'll be patient for a bit longer.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Having a set of python scripts that automated steps (any that can be automated) would always be welcomed, especially if it takes user error out of the equation.

fafaffy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I can't personally downgrade (atm), I'll probably end up making a C# application to automate anything possible. Unfortunately, my python knowledge is laughable, so I can't use that.

capito27

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
Having a set of python scripts that automated steps (any that can be automated) would always be welcomed, especially if it takes user error out of the equation.
to be fair, a custum decrypt9 app that would ONLY dump all the required stuff to a special directory in SD card at once would also be quite helpful, but that's too much hassle for me tbh

Plailect

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
would there be any incentive for a pyhton script to generate the 2.x bootable sysnand for N3DS from a bricked 2.x emunand backup and the 2 xorpads and a firm0 partition dump (to check for successful downgrade) ?
Anyone who is attempting this at the early stages we are in should at the very least be able to work a command line and hex editor, and the lack of automation for these steps is intentional. Dumping the xorpad for firm0firm1 would be needed to check for a successful downgrade.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Question when we do the downgrade to 2.0 do we let the system brick by letting sysupdater "reboot" first before backing up the Emunand or if we freeze at reboot can we just back it up?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok im just trying to figure out why the process with fat16tool failed for me ill try again tomorrow the tut was longer for me than it needed to be since I had Emunand already and sys/emu backups. I think I should do this with a clean slate blank sd and formated sysnand.

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
Anyone who is attempting this at the early stages we are in should at the very least be able to work a command line and hex editor, and the lack of automation for these steps is intentional. Dumping the xorpad for firm0firm1 would be needed to check for a successful downgrade.

i have an idea , instead of downgrading from a 9.2 to 2.0 , why not just get a decrypted firm0/firm1 and inject them to a nand backup( after xoring) ? like what people are doing with downgrading from 10.5 to 10.2

mitroux

Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
why will updating with a game brick my n3ds?
because all games prior to 9.2 don't have a nds update partition , and the only game that has 9.2 update is smach bross , so either you get a brick or you update to the latest firmware 10.5

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch