Ordered a UHS-II card reader on eBay. Seller from China. Item incorrect. What should I do?

DiscostewSM

OP
Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
So I ordered a High Speed Lexar UHS-II microSD card reader USB 3.0 from eBay. Seller was from China, but seemed fine (at the time) because of the high rating/feedback. Took around 2 weeks before I received it in the mail today. Opened up the ePacket, and what I got was not what I ordered. What I received instead of a Lexar C10/UHS-I SD adapter for microSD. I paid ~$15 for the order (and what I got was far less in value). Reading up on dealing with this scenario, the problem is that the seller is in China, and to do any returns to there requires having to pay $50+ because that's just how it is. I went and contacted the seller about getting the wrong item and am waiting for a response before I do anything else. Even that is going to take a couple of days because the seller seems to be unavailable until the 9th (today is the 7th for me).

Anything I can do going forward from here, or am I sorta SoL because of dealing with a seller in China? If it were to come to paying $50+, then I might as well just buy from Amazon with an included 32GB card for $30 instead, since the only place which seems to have the reader by itself on eBay is from China.

Please, no "don't buy from China" posts, because the deed had already been done. I'll remember next time.

Woody8275

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Usually eBay will force them to give you a refund if you open a case saying the item isn't as described and you wont need to return it unless they pay for it

Reactions: sarkwalvein

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I would recommend what was already said, use the resolution center ASAP and expect to get a refund in a near feature. Get a new reader from somewhere else in the meanwhile if you need it now.

Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Issac

Iᔕᔕᗩᑕ
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Quote from their listing:
3. If you are not satisfied with the items you ordered, please CONTACT US before leaving any Neutral, Negative feedback or opening any dispute on the site. We will do our best to help you resolve the problem. Thanks for support.

And I suggest you do that. I have had bad luck with some items from ebay and other online stores, receiving fake stuff. Both times, they willingly gave me a refund and let me keep the item.

EDIT: And if that takes too long / you don't get a reply, then do whatever the guys above me recommend. :)

Last edited by Issac,
Reactions: H1B1Esquire

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this is him being described +1