Homebrew HzMod - old3DS screen streaming

• Thread starter Sono
  • Start date
  • Views 246,756
  • Replies 573
  • Likes 102

What should be HorizonModule renamed to?

• HzMod

Votes: 11 50.0%
  • HzModule

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • HzProc

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • HzDbg

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • HzDebug

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JackAttackYT

no longer on GBATEMP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you read the README? it says to run "out/PC/HorizonScreen-PC.elf" from the HorizonScreen directory (and since that's impossible with a file manager, you obviously need to open a Terminal and run it from there). also, if you *really* want to run it from the "out/PC" directory then do "./HorizonScreen-PC.elf", so it won't try to find it in the PATH

I think all 3 READMEs are somewhat easy to read. make sure to read all the text, OK? there's one in the HorizonM directory, one in HzLoad, and one in HorizonScreen. make sure to read it *ALL*!!!
im going into out/PC and running it from there and that i still get that error.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Due to several people confusing HorizonModule with Project Horizon (the 3DS's OS) I'll be renaming HorizonM to something else. Please choose something from the poll on the top of this thread! Thanks for your understanding!

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Can't you make your own lightweight home menu to get more ram for streaming?

it can't transition to games yet, but it kinda works

also, that wouldn't change anything, really... Home Menu is in the System memregion, and we need more Base memregion usable

Technically yes, but I think it will take some time until someone has made a working lightweight home menu which uses less ram and is compatible with streaming

it will definitely take some time, but as I said above, that wouldn't change anything

Arubaro

Soulspace Guardian
Trophies
XP
Country
Which steps should I follow to uninstall the .cia that is not visible in the home menu?
I mean, which titleid should I look for?

TheModHead

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After 1 entire day of reading the .txt files over and over & over und over...etc. I found a video online that made me rage at how simple it was. Anyways, as you can tell, I severely wanted this software to work so I could make 3DS videos on my YT channel (That goes by TheModHead). Thank you for creating a tool that works on O3DS, I've been wanting software like this for a long time. I literally made this account just so I could thank you for making the software. (Actually, it was to ask for help until I realized I was just being dumb) Anyways, for people who need help installing this, just watch this video, it help me a lot

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After 1 entire day of reading the .txt files over and over & over und over...etc. I found a video online that made me rage at how simple it was. Anyways, as you can tell, I severely wanted this software to work so I could make 3DS videos on my YT channel (That goes by TheModHead). Thank you for creating a tool that works on O3DS, I've been wanting software like this for a long time. I literally made this account just so I could thank you for making the software. (Actually, it was to ask for help until I realized I was just being dumb) Anyways, for people who need help installing this, just watch this video, it help me a lot

Thanks for using my tutorial :) it was for an older version so I may make a newer version of the video once the next update to HzMod comes out.

FateForWindows

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but its posible make near 20fps or I need biy new 3ds for make stream?
No, the 3DS has a CPU that's extremely underpowered. It's near impossible to get 20 FPS iirc because of that, and even if it were possible it would have to be something like a black screen.

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
but its posible make near 20fps or I need biy new 3ds for make stream?

old3DS will *never ever* be able to put out that much... the max fps I ever got was 23fps on a pure white screen, and 7 Grand Dad is only 7-10fps at best, so ye...
and not even the new3DS is powerful enough to handle this... though NTR does some very haxx-y things in kernel-mode (using svcBackdoor) and the JPEG library is very optimized (it seems like cellNEIN is using the same JPEG library as I'm using, but it seems like in NTR it's much more optimized)... so ye, get a new3DS and use NTR... but have fun with compatibility though :^)

DinckelMan

Your Favorite Water Mage!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just tried this on n3DS. Getting 15FPS at best with the streamer app and on attempts to open Rosalina the entire console freezes

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up