Status
Not open for further replies.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Buy a powersave device ^~^ it's like $20 but it will allow you to install the modified OOT3D save file without homebrew to start. On any firmware so long as there is an available payload for you. Yellows8 just did work not long ago to make the 11.5 oothax payload for new3ds. Go ahead :) it may be 20 dollars but honestly thats like lawn mowing money there. And worth it because you wont have to deal with needing a second console to update oothax.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Rpgmaker was patched
It wasn't when I wrote that Lol.

Reactions: wormdood

Jecoconono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
please let me make this clear cfw has nothing to do with my attitude and my point is not to harass but to get you to stop being a hypocrite (cfw is just the where i noticed the problem) by pointing out the fact that even after knowing what cfw is and paying because you could not live without one feature (emulation . . . that you pirate for btw . . . with a obviously fake anti-piracy stance lol) you still dismiss it . . . and that frustrates me as dishonesty frustrates me especially when you would get help anyway thankfully you did not need actual troubleshooting as your inability to be honest would have likely made the process of helping you difficult but if you find the truth annoying than i apologize after all its not my job to correct your flaws but as you were/are unaware i thought i would note your obvious apparently/supposedly oblivious unnecessary deceit . . . how you decide to boast an anti-piracy position while complaining about how you cant finish the game you pirated and state your "anti" status as the reason why you dont need cfw :wacko:. . . but as you have stated that you feel i am just harassing you about cfw and refuse to see why i am in this case then i am simply wasting both of your time and mine and for that i sincerely apologize

anyway enjoy your console (or dont its up to you ... lol)
wormdood

oh and
generally they would leave it open as someone else with the same problem could need help and then not need to create another thread on the same topic and in case you wish to return to ask a question about any solutions given, ect . . . but as the op you should have options that include lock thread located near the unwatch button :teach:
How am I an hypocrite? I said I did not want CFW and I installed it. I still do not want CFW, just homebrew. Is that so hard to understand?

also sorry but you're just harassing me at this point. You say I pirated the game (presumably Earthbound) but I just stated I already purchased the game. Let me let you in on something : Once you buy the game, the game is LICENSED to you.

If it is licensed to you, you do not need to purchase it again, you can just emulate it and it does not count as pirating per the Eula. (this is why sharing games is illegal and technically selling used games is also illegal)

Please just stop, you do not know what you're talking about and you obviously have a grudge against me and I do not understand where it comes from. From what I assume, you obviously do in fact think that I feel as CFW is useless even though I do know you said you don't.

Mod, lock please. This thread is just getting worse and worse.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
How am I an hypocrite? I said I did not want CFW and I installed it. I still do not want CFW, just homebrew. Is that so hard to understand?

also sorry but you're just harassing me at this point. You say I pirated the game (presumably Earthbound) but I just stated I already purchased the game. Let me let you in on something : Once you buy the game, the game is LICENSED to you.

If it is licensed to you, you do not need to purchase it again, you can just emulate it and it does not count as pirating per the Eula. (this is why sharing games is illegal and technically selling used games is also illegal)

Please just stop, you do not know what you're talking about and you obviously have a grudge against me and I do not understand where it comes from. From what I assume, you obviously do in fact think that I feel as CFW is useless even though I do know you said you don't.

Mod, lock please. This thread is just getting worse and worse.

Umm selling used games is NOT illegal "technically" or otherwise, if it was every single retailer major(e.g GameStop) or small independent would all be fined/closed down.

As for playing emulated versions of a game you own, that's a bit of a grey area and also depends on the rules in your country. It's not a "one size fits all" rule, it could be true where you are but not necessarily where another user on here is.

Jecoconono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Umm selling used games is NOT illegal "technically" or otherwise, if it was every single retailer major(e.g GameStop) or small independent would all be fined/closed down.

As for playing emulated versions of a game you own, that's a bit of a grey area and also depends on the rules in your country. It's not a "one size fits all" rule, it could be true where you are but not necessarily where another user on here is.
No, seriously. Look it up. Reselling games is illegal and they've made it a point since the devs make no money off resold games, the reseller does. Thats why they labeled it as "lisenced". As far as I know the companies don't do anything to places like gamestop in fear that 1. their reputation will get hurt and 2. the store will no longer sell their products.

But stay assured, reselling games and sharing games are illegal. (I'm sure you can figure out why the latter is illegal )

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, seriously. Look it up. Reselling games is illegal and they've made it a point since the devs make no money off resold games, the reseller does. Thats why they labeled it as "lisenced". As far as I know the companies don't do anything to places like gamestop in fear that 1. their reputation will get hurt and 2. the store will no longer sell their products.

But stay assured, reselling games and sharing games are illegal. (I'm sure you can figure out why the latter is illegal )
That's not how it works at all my friend. Reselling anything isn't illegal unless it requires a permit, contract or license to use and the buyer doesn't have said permit, contract or license.

Also you're completely wrong about backups. It's not legal at all to download ROMS from the Internet whether you own the game or not You don't purchase a game and get granted a permanent license for personal use. If you lose the cartridge/disk you are 100% legally not entitled to another copy free. Period. If that were the case everyone who ever bought a physical disk would have just been given a free digital download when it stopped working. Sorry, but when have you ever bought a game, played it to breaking point, then called the developers asking for another copy because "you bought it already". That's not how it works at all.

Using a backup you obtained from YOUR own cartridge or disk is the grey area. Your backups may be legal, but in most countries the means to acquire them breaks DMCA protection laws. You realize that most stuff is copy protected right? So people CAN'T make their own dumps, and circumventing the block is what makes it illegal. Not using your private dump.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dont bother this guy refuses to accept any opinions as valid other than the ones he showed up with . . . instead of admitting he pirates he fabricates a story about unnecessarily traveling to a another country to get something he could have said he bought on ebay & then drops it and decides to go with i used to own the game so its legal (i hope he has his receipts) fuck it

incorrect they are "licensed" because you dont own the game and as such cant legally make copies or alter the game . . . you buy a disk (gamecard, ect) and the license to use the game file associated with the disk (card, ect) for personal use and while reselling a game falls into this vague standard of what you cant do so do backups like your copy of earthbound . . . perhaps your misunderstanding of licensing agreements is why you think you dont pirate but i assure you it is piracy you practice and the companies who's product you "legally" download would agree
also see this video of sony "telling the world to be criminals" lol . . . i think you are the one not grasping concepts

the part where you had no choice . . . see what i am saying is you paid for it it is obvious you wanted it despite your (purposed) gripes with piracy ... yet you are claiming that you dont want cfw . . . then uninstall it . . . oh wait you do actually want what cfw gives so you wont . . . hypocrite
If it is licensed to you, you do not need to purchase it again, you can just emulate it and it does not count as pirating per the Eula.
thats stupid . . . by that logic i should be able to present all my nes console game receipts to nintendo and get the nes vc i am due as i already paid once for mario 3 and metroid 1 . . . licensed to you does not = 'yours forever" you bought the the medium the game was distributed on and the license to use it . . . that license does not extend to infinity and so unless explicitly given permission in the agreement then you may not copy said media . . . its that simple . . . you pirate and clam to hate piracy . . . hypocrite
From what I assume, you obviously do in fact think that I feel as CFW is useless even though I do know you said you don't.
so despite anything you hear you have already made up your mind so you wont take seirousally anything i say . . . lol
Please just stop, you do not know what you're talking about and you obviously have a grudge against me and I do not understand where it comes from.
oh . . . the above quote about you clinging to preconceived notions explains this perfectly . . . listen i have no grudge i intended to teach you about how annoying you (as a hypocrite) are in hopes of getting you to admit to yourself the truth but alas your preconceived notions prevent you from taking anything away from this experience other than an attacked feeling . . . so again apologize for apparently wasting your time and harassing you and i will again attempt to drop it and unwatch the thread and again i wont return unless you quote/tag me

again enjoy your 3ds or dont (or claim to hate while secretly loving it) its up to you its your life
wormdood

Last edited by wormdood,

Jecoconono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
dont bother this guy refuses to accept any opinions as valid other than the ones he showed up with . . . instead of admitting he pirates he fabricates a story about unnecessarily traveling to a another country to get something he could have said he bought on ebay & then drops it and decides to go with i used to own the game so its legal (i hope he has his receipts) fuck it
incorrect they are "licensed" because you dont own the game and as such cant legally make copies or alter the game . . . you buy a disk (gamecard, ect) and the license to use the game file associated with the disk (card, ect) for personal use and while reselling a game falls into this vague standard of what you cant do so do backups like your copy of earthbound . . . perhaps your misunderstanding of licensing agreements is why you think you dont pirate but i assure you it is piracy you practice and the companies who's product you "legally" download would agree
also see this video of sony "telling the world to be criminals" lol . . . i think you are the one not grasping concepts..

That's not how it works at all my friend. Reselling anything isn't illegal unless it requires a permit, contract or license to use and the buyer doesn't have said permit, contract or license.

Also you're completely wrong about backups. It's not legal at all to download ROMS from the Internet whether you own the game or not You don't purchase a game and get granted a permanent license for personal use. If you lose the cartridge/disk you are 100% legally not entitled to another copy free. Period. If that were the case everyone who ever bought a physical disk would have just been given a free digital download when it stopped working. Sorry, but when have you ever bought a game, played it to breaking point, then called the developers asking for another copy because "you bought it already". That's not how it works at all...

You see what happens when a thread goes off topic... Why won't mods just lock this thread already.

Okay, let me explain this whole piracy deal a bit further for those who don't understand it.
Sony criminalizes people that resell their games. They treat them as criminals. This can be seen in the Eula (if you bother reading it.).

As per what Nintendo's old CEO Iwata had to say before he passed away, quote : "As the principle, please understand that the question is regarding a rather delicate issue to which no one can perhaps identify a clear-cut criterion. Of course, we cannot say that we can give tacit approval to any and all the activities which threaten our intellectual properties. But on the other hand, it would not be appropriate if we treated people who did something based on affection for Nintendo, as criminals."

Okay, now let me simplify all the things together. Nintendo does not want to criminalize their fans. Sony does, and that is why they re-enforce their policies towards reselling games, while leaving bigger companies alone. This can be seen when video game companies shut down small console repair shops (even if it is not a direct parallel).

And finally, purchased games are licensed to you. This applies both to digital AND physical copies of games. This, in fact, is the entire premise of Steam (however steam is more lenient to resellers with the key model they use).

This is the reason you are not legally allowed to resell OR share games. You are not allowed to resell your game because only the company makes profit off of the game and they lose a customer. Sharing games is the same aswell (yet again different with some steam games, some of them actually don't let you play with family share).

This was the entire purpose of download play, by the way. To let your friends play without needing to share the entire game with them, losing profit to the company.

Now. If you purchase a game, you own the license for the game. If you, lets say.. Lose the game, you are LEGALLY ALLOWED to download a rom due to the game still being licensed to you. This point is further proved with Iwata's quote, stating that the company does not want to take actions towards changing the eula in a way to criminalize the consumer.

Now about the hypocrite thing. The post you replied to already dismisses your reply, so well done.

Now let me address majickhat. I apreciate the effort you put into your reply, however.. Well, lets say we were in a fictional world where roms where always illegal to download, licensed or not. (Which they're not and my explanation is same as before.)
Iwata's quote. They still wouldn't consider it illegal.

side note : I regularly go to japan in summer since my parents live there? So uh, do you seriously think japan is some far-away land that no being can go to ever?

Now, just let this thread die already. Now, wormdood. I know you have some anger towards me judging from the terribly worded rushed looking reply, but at this point you are very likely teetering on the edge of probably breaking a few gbatemp rules.

Mod, seriously. Lock this thread.

TheFIrstAv3nger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dude downloading ROMs is illegal in most cases. Regardless if you purchased the game before or not. You must really hate being wrong, but spreading lies to people isn't helping anyone and I hope people dont go downloading a bunch of ROMs and getting in trouble because you tell them its ok when it is not.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Omg and after buying a r4 and installing a CFW to get back homebrew and youre still claiming you dont care about CFW... Like ok dude the thread would die off if you quit spewing nonsense to people that are smart enough to understand what youre doing.

Majickhat55

The Red Woman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Now let me address majickhat. I apreciate the effort you put into your reply, however.. Well, lets say we were in a fictional world where roms where always illegal to download, licensed or not. (Which they're not and my explanation is same as before.)

Regardless of what you think, downloading ROMS is 100% illegal in most 1st world countries. Period. End of story. The law doesn't care if you bought the game 1000 times, you can't legally download a dumped/ripped copy of ANY game.

Reactions: wormdood

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow quoting a nintendo figurehead and taking it out of context just because he does not want to harm the fans "directly" does not dismiss the crime . . . if i killed your dog and you say you dont want to prosecute am i innocent? . . . of course not dont be silly

and when it comes to sony . . . oh now you acknowledge what the companies wants . . . lol. but you confuse nintendos download play for sonys shareplay, download play is so you can play with a friend and in an ad-like attempt they included limitations on the extra player(s) to encourage a sale not so you can "share the game without sharing"

and "about the hypocrite thing" . . . ha you are incorrect on both accounts so nothing is dismissed and you are what you are stop denying it it only makes it more true

sidenote i dont care about your sidenote because much like you on this point i believe you are full of it . . .and the worst part is . . . its irrelevant as even if you are telling the truth its still piracy

and no my horrid grammar and punctuation is not representative of my anger . . . sadly all of my posts look like that . . . and if you think i am breaking rules then please report me
hint issac (the mod) does not like me :teach:

good day
wormdood

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
So this is basically the op calling for the ops as he doesn't want to admit he's incorrect, next.

Jecoconono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
You guys are hopeless. I give up, believe what you want. When there is a way to get rid CFW and a new way to get homebrew I'll just do that. Better than risking a ban anyways.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
You guys are hopeless. I give up, believe what you want. When there is a way to get rid CFW and a new way to get homebrew I'll just do that. Better than risking a ban anyways.

I already said I've done 3 systems and none of them have been banned, installed a9lh on them back in February then updated them with b9s during the summer.

Jecoconono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I already said I've done 3 systems and none of them have been banned, installed a9lh on them back in February then updated them with b9s during the summer.
I'm predicting they will just do periodical ban waves. But of course, my opinion doesn't matter cause I'll just get a reply denying this, or whatever.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
again this is your preconcived notion . . . cfw itself does not cause bans, people who only played games they "legally" purchased and did not cheat were not banned the bans came from running unauthorized apps while (or directly before) connecting to the internet

and you can get yourself banned via "homebrew" as well so uninstalling cfw will not protect you from that . . . but as you dont believe anything thats not your opinion no matter how many people tell you your incorrect i am probably talking to dead air

Reactions: Quantumcat

Jecoconono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
again this is your preconcived notion . . . cfw itself does not cause bans, people who only played games they "legally" purchased and did not cheat were not banned the bans came from running unauthorized apps while (or directly before) connecting to the internet

and you can get yourself banned via "homebrew" as well so uninstalling cfw will not protect you from that . . . but as you dont believe anything thats not your opinion no matter how many people tell you your incorrect i am probably talking to dead air
your post hurts to read. just the ban message disproves this, and there is no proof of bans happening on non-cfw consoles.. but of course apparently op is a dumb idiot that has no knowledge whatsowhatever and whatever he says is always incorrect so whatever.

fowler002

Trophies
XP
Country
I'm predicting they will just do periodical ban waves. But of course, my opinion doesn't matter cause I'll just get a reply denying this, or whatever.

Ahh you can tell the future now? Can we please have the numbers for the next lottery draw?

Jecoconono

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ahh you can tell the future now? Can we please have the numbers for the next lottery draw?
Probably, by the way you're making it sound. But other companies did it that way (like blizzard) so I seriously would not be suprised if they did it that way.

wormdood

pirate booty inspector
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
your post hurts to read. just the ban message disproves this, and there is no proof of bans happening on non-cfw consoles.. but of course apparently op is a dumb idiot that has no knowledge whatsowhatever and whatever he says is always incorrect so whatever.
1. sorry its hard to read
2. no i am not just talking about the "ban wave" and i know the error code you refer to . . . and its not the only ban error code . . .
3. no one said you were an idiot but you seem unable to admit when you are wrong . . . thats all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol