Hacking On flashing a DS Lite

tyasawa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
T_T hey just wondering.. i went to the page when it list the sram for the ds card. but but.. there is no dr kawashima brain training demo... (im with DS lite AUS version... O,o is that mean i have to bought one game... ?? ill go to eb games and seach for cheapest 2nd hand game if so.. T_T.. can someone tell me... asap.. (hope eb game still one sale)

*edit*
hey Metroid Prime Hunters demo also not there... but the non demo is there.. are we able to use the non demo for demo?

ah sorry for the stewpyd questions~

*edit again*
this really2 should be sticky!~

scrapple

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
"Please note that you are not able to flash a DS Lite with anything but the "second generation" devices - that is PassMe2, SuperPass2, MagicKey2 etc. Do not purchase a PassMe1 or SuperPass1 etc as they will not work with anything but older DS-consoles (not even the coloured ones)."

will a superkey or passcard 3 work?

SFXlakito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice guide!
yaynds.gif
I'm pretty sure my little bro and I will be using this guide to flash his DS Lite with the EZPass 2 we'll probably buy from Winsunx.

Edit: This really needs to be stickied.
wink2.gif

nintendofreak

Around. Shoot me a PM.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
One question: Do they have a method of reverting back to the original firmware yet or not? Because before flashing my Lite I also want to make sure I can go back to the way it was.

Yes, you can. Never tried it, but its possible

EDIT: If your worried about your warranty, and about returning it, you can always install the "stealth" version so that it'll seem unchanged
yaynds.gif

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
One question: Do they have a method of reverting back to the original firmware yet or not? Because before flashing my Lite I also want to make sure I can go back to the way it was.

Yes, you can. Never tried it, but its possible

EDIT: If your worried about your warranty, and about returning it, you can always install the "stealth" version so that it'll seem unchanged
yaynds.gif
What is the method nintendofreak? Is it just noflashme?
I didn't think it would work on DS Lite because of the unrecognised firmware.

Can you give more info?

fatman711

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
how does Nintendo tell if you flashed it anyway?

With the old DS, if you go do the pictochat thing to see what firmware you have, it changes color to dark green. But with the DS lite, it stays magenta colour.

BTW, haven't been able to get my question answered. Anyone tried noflashme on a ds lite yet?

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
how does Nintendo tell if you flashed it anyway?

With the old DS, if you go do the pictochat thing to see what firmware you have, it changes color to dark green. But with the DS lite, it stays magenta colour.

BTW, haven't been able to get my question answered. Anyone tried noflashme on a ds lite yet?
Nintendo service people could just plug in a flashcart and see if it boots. That's how I would check.

rhfb

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So is this true about only having two brightness levels on the flashed DSLs? If so I might just wait for a new version to come out sometime in the future.

ConraDargo

Flashback Fanatic
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
"Please note that you are not able to flash a DS Lite with anything but the "second generation" devices - that is PassMe2, SuperPass2, MagicKey2 etc. Do not purchase a PassMe1 or SuperPass1 etc as they will not work with anything but older DS-consoles (not even the coloured ones)."

will a superkey or passcard 3 work?

Yes they will most likely work, didn't think of that
smile.gif
The third generation devices should work just as well - I'll fix that sentence you quoted right away.

T_T hey just wondering.. i went to the page when it list the sram for the ds card. but but.. there is no dr kawashima brain training demo... (im with DS lite AUS version... O,o is that mean i have to bought one game... ?? ill go to eb games and seach for cheapest 2nd hand game if so.. T_T.. can someone tell me... asap.. (hope eb game still one sale)

*edit*
hey Metroid Prime Hunters demo also not there... but the non demo is there.. are we able to use the non demo for demo
Yeah if it isn't on that list then, as far as I know, you can't program the PassMe2 (or whatever) to work as a flashing device. At least that's what the guy whom created the PassMe2 says in his shop (where the MPH-demo can be chosen as well): "I can program the PassMe2 for any game listed on this site that provides a .jed file, but I am not able to test it with that game."

Dang, come to think about it - it's the .jed file that's important... You may only need the .gba file for writing SRAM to some flash cards (like the SuperCard), but not all of them. I'll have to look it up.

tyasawa

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
ConraDargoooo =D.. dont bother my earlier questions.. i went to kmart today and i found 17.5 AU game.. hahah i just bought that to prevent all the trouble.. and its there on the list..~
happy.gif

thanks!.. u r really gives me big help.. ^^ i was reallly2 afraid to flash my ds lite before i read this thread.. hope it will work by the time i really flash it.. oh man.. T_T wish payment doesnt need that long with paypal

Aku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you, ConraDargo, for such an awsome guide.
smile.gif

I think I'm gonna try it! But I'm a litte uncertain about a couple of things. I hope you can help.
huh.gif

I have a Supercard MiniSD and a Max Media Lancher, Do I still have to do the SRAM step? Or do I just launch Flashme.nds like a would any game?

Also using aluminum has me a little spooked. Would wrapping a stand of copper wire down the middle of the toothpick be a better? ie a better conductor?

khan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Pakistan
Thank you, ConraDargo, for such an awsome guide.
smile.gif

I think I'm gonna try it! But I'm a litte uncertain about a couple of things. I hope you can help.
huh.gif

I have a Supercard MiniSD and a Max Media Lancher, Do I still have to do the SRAM step? Or do I just launch Flashme.nds like a would any game?

Also using aluminum has me a little spooked. Would wrapping a stand of copper wire down the middle of the toothpick be a better? ie a better conductor?

W/O trying for myself, i can assure you that you do NOT do anything such SRAM thing because as long as you possess Passcard3, Superkey or even Max Media Launcher you can skip that step.

hope i am right
yaynds.gif

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

No, there's more of a chance to unravel. Use a little eyeglass screwdriver or those useless tiny screwdrivers that come in tool box kits, wrap the tip with tin foil, and then you can use electrical tape to wrap around the tinfoil securely, only leaving the very tip exposed.

nunofgs

Trophies
Website
nunofgs.fecktory.com
XP
Country
Thanks a lot for the tutorial. I just flashed my DS and it worked just fine. However, after about 30 mins I flashed it back because most of the games would not sleep. I am back to using my passcard2 which supports sleep on all the games.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night