Hacking [OLD] Loadiine backup loader for WiiU 5.3.2 ONLY (NO 5.4 NO 5.5!)

kenryuakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible for somebody to make an easy to follow tutorial of how to show Loadiine? Because I have read so many posts, it is still kind of confusing. Besides, for safety purpose, I think and hope that our pretty awesome developers :P could create something that does have nothing to do with getting online AT ALL to use Loadiine as the darn automatic update is a bummer.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Alright, I actually have a question here.
Will loadline basically load whatever you tell it to as long as the calls and format is correct? Does it require the software to actually be Nintendo signed? (I ask this because I was curious about loading modded titles)
With wii titles we had the truchia bug that allowed the ISO to be modded then re signed. I was wondering if some form of that is needed for loadline to load it or does it pretty much load whatever you tell it to?
I only ask this because if I were to say mod a title that lets say can read and write it's "save" to a non wii u formatted usb would your program be able to load it? Or am I asking too much of your program? I do not need loadline myself and am on 5.5 with all my consoles.
should load whatever as long as its correctly formatted, rpx repacks and VC rom injections wouldn't be possible if it only worked with signed rpx files

tarumaycry

Trophies
XP
Country
Is it possible for somebody to make an easy to follow tutorial of how to show Loadiine? Because I have read so many posts, it is still kind of confusing. Besides, for safety purpose, I think and hope that our pretty awesome developers :P could create something that does have nothing to do with getting online AT ALL to use Loadiine as the darn automatic update is a bummer.

Yes i agree with you that its almost information overload with differing 'master' threads on how to get things working. What i would suggest is watch this (which was also suggested in the definitively guide thread - this is a good start by the way). That being said, if you were wanting to use the latest loadiine - the file structures on the SD card have changed if you are wanting to experiment with Mii Maker booting.

kenryuakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes i agree with you that its almost information overload with differing 'master' threads on how to get things working. What i would suggest is watch this (which was also suggested in the definitively guide thread - this is a good start by the way). That being said, if you were wanting to use the latest loadiine - the file structures on the SD card have changed if you are wanting to experiment with Mii Maker booting.

So do we have to install any kernel exploit first before using loadiine? Or just browsing one of the servers that is hosting all of the loadiine launchers?

karamu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So do we have to install any kernel exploit first before using loadiine? Or just browsing one of the servers that is hosting all of the loadiine launchers?
You will either host the exploit files yourself on your phone/computer within your local network or if you are using DNS blocking/router filering and otherwise have access to the internet you can visit any of the hosted sites mentioned in the definitive guide.

You need to do the kernel exploit for loadiine each time you turn on your Wii U as it is not permanent. Then you'll load the version of Loadiine you like from that same selfhosted or externally hosted site. Then you're ready to select your game and play.

kenryuakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You will either host the exploit files yourself on your phone/computer within your local network or if you are using DNS blocking/router filering and otherwise have access to the internet you can visit any of the hosted sites mentioned in the definitive guide.

You need to do the kernel exploit for loadiine each time you turn on your Wii U as it is not permanent. Then you'll load the version of Loadiine you like from that same selfhosted or externally hosted site. Then you're ready to select your game and play.

Ok last but not least, could we also use the MicroSD with the SD Adapter instead of the HDSD Card? Besides, we also always gotta use the internet connection (wifi or ethernet) to access the kernel exploit or to use loadiine?
I wish we could have something like the 3ds or some ways to use loadiine locally without having anything to do with internet connection, which is very risky because of the darn automatic update.

Last edited by kenryuakuma,

gaby04

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok last but not least, could we also use the MicroSD with the SD Adapter instead of the HDSD Card? Besides, we also always gotta use the internet connection (wifi or ethernet) to access the kernel exploit or to use loadiine?
I wish we could have something like the 3ds or some ways to use loadiine locally without having anything to do with internet connection, which is very risky because of the darn automatic update.

you can use a MicroSD with the SD Adapter. if you use DNS blocking(TubeHax DNS), you should be fine and dont have to worry about the console updating. You are still able to access the internet this way. You can run it locally by blocking the Wii U mac address. For more information read the thread below, under "How do I block updates?" & "How do I host my own exploits/files?"

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

kenryuakuma

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can use a MicroSD with the SD Adapter. if you use DNS blocking(TubeHax DNS), you should be fine and dont have to worry about the console updating. You are still able to access the internet this way. You can run it locally by blocking the Wii U mac address. For more information read the thread below, under "How do I block updates?" & "How do I host my own exploits/files?"

https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

Thanks btw, the router requires the protocol like https or http if we want to block the nintendo update. However those addresses listed on the page doesn't come with the http or https

FaTaL_ErRoR

AKA ŦƕƎ ƠṀƐƝ
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should load whatever as long as its correctly formatted, rpx repacks and VC rom injections wouldn't be possible if it only worked with signed rpx files
Fantastic, now I will need to get yet another wii U that is on earlier firmware. Or I will need some testers soon.

depaul

Trophies
XP
Country
France

Just keep in mind the file structure has changed since 'Loadiine 2.0' (see first post):

The folder structure is different between version 1.0a and new releases.

Loadiine 1.0a :

_RPX\Game name\ID4.rpx (you choose the "game name" which will appear in the Miimaker menu, you choose the 4 letters for RPX filename)
_RPX\Game name\unrenamed.rpl (do not rename the .rpl files)
_SAV\ID4\c\ (same "\ID4" than the one chosen in the RPX filename)
_SAVE\ID4\u\ (same as above)
ID4\ (same "ID4" chosen for the RPX filename. place all the files located in the "content" folder here)

:!: You are encouraged to update to latest version and use the new file structure. The new versions are loading games faster, have better compatibility, contains an on-screen settings menu and a proper code dump function to help developers fix issues.

New folder structure:

SD:\wiiu\games\Whatever your want as game title\

Rename the red part to the game's title of your choice.
Copy the 3 "code", "content" and "meta" folders from your game dump inside this folder.

Example:
SD:\wiiu\games\Yoshi's Woolly World\code\
SD:\wiiu\games\Yoshi's Woolly World\content\
SD:\wiiu\games\Yoshi's Woolly World\meta\

Last edited by depaul,
Reactions: Reecey

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
Just keep in mind the file structure has changed since 'Loadiine 2.0' (see first post):

The folder structure is different between version 1.0a and new releases.

Loadiine 1.0a :

_RPX\Game name\ID4.rpx (you choose the "game name" which will appear in the Miimaker menu, you choose the 4 letters for RPX filename)
_RPX\Game name\unrenamed.rpl (do not rename the .rpl files)
_SAV\ID4\c\ (same "\ID4" than the one chosen in the RPX filename)
_SAVE\ID4\u\ (same as above)
ID4\ (same "ID4" chosen for the RPX filename. place all the files located in the "content" folder here)

:!: You are encouraged to update to latest version and use the new file structure. The new versions are loading games faster, have better compatibility, contains an on-screen settings menu and a proper code dump function to help developers fix issues.

New folder structure:

SD:\wiiu\games\Whatever your want as game title\

Rename the red part to the game's title of your choice.
Copy the 3 "code", "content" and "meta" folders from your game dump inside this folder.

Example:
SD:\wiiu\games\Yoshi's Woolly World\code\
SD:\wiiu\games\Yoshi's Woolly World\content\
SD:\wiiu\games\Yoshi's Woolly World\meta\
Yeah good call that vid needs updating also guys its was easier just to use UWizard to decrypt your .wud. The way in the video maybe confusing to others that are not sure on what to do or how to go about changing the file options so you can for example change a file from .txt to .bin.

D

Deleted User

Is support for adding DLC planned? I have a physical copy of Smash, I'd love to be able to get the DLCs through Loadiine.

youreed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys!

Been following this thread for a while, and the forum generally speaking too. Just been offline for a couple weeks and i'd love to catch up.
First of all, thank you for the massive work recently achieved, starting with golden45, but also cyan who takes the time to update infos and the tuto part;
everyone partaking in fact ^^.

I perused (or so i think) every aspect of the loadiine process, and i'd love to give it a try. I'd just love to get a solid confirmation about network (and therefore update) safety.
That is, everytime an update blocking solution is found, someone comes by to say "yeah, well, i've had an issue with it, got it in the behind...."
Then, here's my question : Is tubehaxDNS a really solid and 100% reliable solution?

Thanking you in advance for your feedbacks,
and thanks again for all the gr8 work.
Youreed

oumoumad

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hey guys!

Been following this thread for a while, and the forum generally speaking too. Just been offline for a couple weeks and i'd love to catch up.
First of all, thank you for the massive work recently achieved, starting with golden45, but also cyan who takes the time to update infos and the tuto part;
everyone partaking in fact ^^.

I perused (or so i think) every aspect of the loadiine process, and i'd love to give it a try. I'd just love to get a solid confirmation about network (and therefore update) safety.
That is, everytime an update blocking solution is found, someone comes by to say "yeah, well, i've had an issue with it, got it in the behind...."
Then, here's my question : Is tubehaxDNS a really solid and 100% reliable solution?

Thanking you in advance for your feedbacks,
and thanks again for all the gr8 work.
Youreed

Even though this is not the place for this kind of question. It was never reported that someone having issues with tubehax, people had problems mostly because of not properly setting up their router, or blindly relying on open dns.
Just follow this thread and you should be fine : https://gbatemp.net/threads/the-definitive-guide-to-wii-u-hacking.396828/

Reactions: youreed

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGClRsx0x64