old 3ds wont read boot.firm from Luma 3ds?

Foggy_Thoughts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this is weird. after wanting to home brew a old 3ds (version 11.16.49J) i decided to install luma.3ds. after a while, everything went smoothly. but after getting ready to install boot9strap, my 3ds turned off and showed a white notification light. i looked at some articles, and apparently it means my boot.firm is missing, or my 3ds can't read it. i don't know if its the 3ds or the files, and i'm really fed up at this point. my sd card is fresh out the package, already formatted in FAT32, but nothing still works. im open to any suggestions. (i am also pretty sure this is not a brick.)

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
my sd card is fresh out the package,
That – sadly – doesn't mean anything.

showed a white notification light.
Possible reasons for not finding boot.firm:
  • File is missing on SD
  • File has wrong name (like boot.firm.firm with Microsoft Windows not showing extensions)
  • SD has wrong file system (you said it is FAT32, backup files+reformatting might or might not help)
  • SD is defective/bad/fake
    • "Fresh out of the package" means nothing. "Reputable seller" means nothing. "Reputable brand" means nothing.
    • Please run the full test with h2testw or F3. Rule out problems with the SD.
    • Try another SD even if the test results are good. (Only copy boot.firm on the secondary FAT32 formatted SD)
  • Console SD reader is dirty or bad or has unreliable connection

Foggy_Thoughts

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try boot.firm 7.05 iirc.
are you talking about the file itself or the update version of luma 3ds?
Post automatically merged:

SD has wrong file system (you said it is FAT32, backup files+reformatting might or might not help)
this seemed to work. i guess it was some kind of bug, because the allocation unit size was reset to a lower one. Thanks!

Last edited by Foggy_Thoughts,
Reactions: KleinesSinchen

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: it looks like a little kids' game, and bunny (welcome btw) is looking for an uncensor patch