OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Nintendo.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
I was playing a game on my switch and the weirdest shit happened. When I was playing the game. When I died in the game, the game crashed, then my Atmosphere all of a sudden died. I'll admit, I was a bit pissy but it was the most weirdest coincidence that happened. I can boot into rcm and load the hekate but, I can no longer boot atmosphere, this is where it gets more weird. my Switch can still read the sd card and so can my 3ds and Laptop, but, whenever I try to replace the file, it goes "Disable write protection or send it to another drive" or something like that. Only question I want to ask is, do I now have to replace my sd card card adapter or is there a possible fix? That was the thing that was getting to me the most when I kept seeing the write protection error when I was trying to replace the files. Also, when it was in my 3ds, I wasn't getting a write protection error

Attachments

• IMG_0578.jpg
    IMG_0578.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 62
Reactions: Donnie-Burger

KokoseiJ

GBAtemp VOCALOID Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
Korea, South
Sounds like your SD card is borked.

First of all, it sounds like the files are still accessible. Move them all to a safer place before your SD completely gives up.
After that, you can maybe try to repair it on your laptop, in case it's a filesystem error. In any case I'd get another SD card anyway because I wouldn't consider it a reliable one anymore.

InternetExplorer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Nintendo.com
XP
Country
Antarctica
Sounds like your SD card is borked.

First of all, it sounds like the files are still accessible. Move them all to a safer place before your SD completely gives up.
After that, you can maybe try to repair it on your laptop, in case it's a filesystem error. In any case I'd get another SD card anyway because I wouldn't consider it a reliable one anymore.
Yeah, I suppose you might be right but I'll just wait to see if anyone else has other suggestions. If not, I'll probably just resort to buying another SD card but a much bigger one

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I was playing a game on my switch and the weirdest shit happened. When I was playing the game. When I died in the game, the game crashed, then my Atmosphere all of a sudden died. I'll admit, I was a bit pissy but it was the most weirdest coincidence that happened. I can boot into rcm and load the hekate but, I can no longer boot atmosphere, this is where it gets more weird. my Switch can still read the sd card and so can my 3ds and Laptop, but, whenever I try to replace the file, it goes "Disable write protection or send it to another drive" or something like that. Only question I want to ask is, do I now have to replace my sd card card adapter or is there a possible fix? That was the thing that was getting to me the most when I kept seeing the write protection error when I was trying to replace the files. Also, when it was in my 3ds, I wasn't getting a write protection error
Check sd card reader slot. Ive seen a few come undone with all that gaming.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases