spokenrope

c7
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I've personally used 3 different card readers from R4. My blue case/blue led. my son's blue case/green led. and my son's friend's new black case/green led. No problems with any of them. I wonder how many people use the "safely remove hardware" button to disconnect. The reason I wonder is because I've always just yanked most USB devices(XGFlash 256, Mp3 player, mouse, printer, etc.) with no ill effects. My card reader is the only device I use the button for. Just something about that little blue light being on that makes me safely remove hardware everytime. I have on occasion had my computer freeze up when inserting the reader, but never to the point of having to reboot. It either fixes itself or I just unplug my hub and replace, problem fixed.

EDIT: also the only corruption I've experienced was while using DSFTP. It corrupted some files I uploaded into sub directories. All stuff uploaded to the root is fine, but DSFTP seems to have problems with sub directories for some reason. I formated and everything is fine. I don't use DSFTP anymore.

Without fail, I never use the disconnect hardware button when I remove my USB adapter. With no ill effects.

hidid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
i used that safely remove hardware option... just because i wanted to make sure that everything goes right..
maybe its the cardreader.. maybe the r4.. maybe even my system.. i dont know.. seems to be some kind of mystery regarding the fact that some people got major problem and some dont.. i dont know..

iamwhoiam

Honorary R4 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
To be honest, the "safely remove hardware" only applies if the card's set on "optimize for read performance" rather than "optimize for quick removal" (under the device's properties page)

But seriously, hope you guys have all learnt your lesson! there's quite a bit of info flying around this forum about the bundled card readers
wink.gif

Edit : horrendous typos!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idr where in the US the heat wave is
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    idk if I'm in it or not
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    midwest, near me and bigonya
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    ah fuck NJ is in the heat wave
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    we're cooked, possibly literally
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    if you have a habitable basement, the heat shouldn't be down there and that's where you should hang out
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    No, but, the air conditioner in my living room gets fuckin icy
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    In a good way, not as in a "my coils are freezing" kind of way
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Not everyone lives in theirs mom's basement gosh
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah, my mom's basement is just for the weekends to check in on the family
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i usually live in your mom's basement
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    saves a lot of time fr
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    It's 11:30 PM here, I just took the trash out and my god is it awful outside
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    This heatwave can eat my ass
    +3
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    omg same, it's VERY hot here, too
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck this heatwave, i don't usually sleep with a fan, but i believe the fan is getting put on the bed rather than beside it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    IT'S 12:30 IN THE FUCKING MORNING AND IT'S STILL 78°, WHAT THE FUCK?
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    78º seems abnormal for any part of the day
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea it was 96 F for the high, 78 F for the low today, in Ohio, bout same for bakerman in Michigan
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    F- fahrenheit C-Celsius. We in USA use F as our temp ratings
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    F = Freedom units
    +1
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    So... C = Cum units?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Clip units
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Clip units