Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcann25

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
figured it out, moved the router closer to wii, and viola! worked fine. I followed all instructions and downgraded back to 3.2u, however, now when I try to run cIOS installer again, I am STILL receiving Failed: -1017. I am at a loss for what to do next, cIOS will not seem to install on my wii for some unknown reason.

bchang100

Trophies
XP
Country
PLSS HELP so heres my problem:
i updated to 3.3j unknowingly and i didnt play my wii for a week and when i burnt some new games they didnt work .
i read about it and i saw that 3.3 bloks games from working so now everytime i put in a disc it loads then black screen and a bunch of japanese error messages.
i also tried to install the homebrew channel to use this downgrader
but i cant install homebrew channel cos m wii cant read the zelda twilight disc
so im stuck
is there any possible way to install the hombrew channel without the use of the game or a way to downgrade my Wii without homebrew , i just bought my wii a month ago now its wrecked damn nintendo ppl.

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You need to install The Homebrew Channel or this will not work. You will need to obtain a Japan copy of Zelda Princess to install the Homebrew Channel on 3.3J. If your Wii is chipped, you can use a US/PAL version.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
bchang100 said:
PLSS HELP so heres my problem:
i updated to 3.3j unknowingly and i didnt play my wii for a week and when i burnt some new games they didnt work .
i read about it and i saw that 3.3 bloks games from working so now everytime i put in a disc it loads then black screen and a bunch of japanese error messages.
i also tried to install the homebrew channel to use this downgrader
but i cant install homebrew channel cos m wii cant read the zelda twilight disc
so im stuck
is there any possible way to install the hombrew channel without the use of the game or a way to downgrade my Wii without homebrew , i just bought my wii a month ago now its wrecked damn nintendo ppl.

Lol I love how its Nintendos fault

jourdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does this work on 3.4U?

I followed the steps, but couldn't install the IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad
I tried using WAD MANAGER 3, but some ret error keeps popping up.
Then I saw I should use WAD MANAGER 1.3 (not included in the Wii Fix Tools), so I downloaded it , the dol version.

I placed it in apps>wad manager 1.3>rename it as boot.dol
But when I use it and choose IOS16-64-v257-prod.wad using the d-pad, ret -1 error comes up. (or maybe it was ret -2xxx, i forget the number).

Thanks in advance.

BTW, I could still play backup games.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yes it does work on 3.4... if you already have HBC installed, I dont see why you should have any trouble installing IOS16.

Perhaps a bad download or something I have no idea really.

jourdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply.

Yes I do have HBC installed.
I have just read in a different thread that I just have to run IOS DOWNGRADE and pick the version I want to downgrade to. Does this work in my scenario? I have to try it later, I'm at work atm.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I do not like the Anyregionchanger, I have heard some bad things about it (but I have never used it myself.. many people have and have had it work for them so thats up to you)

I myself used cIOS downgrader to go for 3.3v2 to 3.2

jourdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hehe, actually you just missed my edit. It's actually IOS downgrader, not AnyRegion.
Okay, thanks. Ill try it out later.

So if I go back to 3.2, would I be able to run Animal Crossing?

breakdaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
You should be able to as long as you have IOS 38 installed.

I keep hearing this, but I DON'T have IOS38 installed (Checked with Channel File Manager and Title Lister), but my AC:CF works fine.

However, I have Starfall and I scrubbed the iso. Maybe starfall is helping on this front?

jourdy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Would like to thank EmperorOfCanada for helping me 1on1 with my Wii.
Truly a great person, spending his time to help idiots like me.

I was working on my Wii for days, with no solution.
He talks to me in MSN, and in 10 minutes my Wii was back to normal.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
breakdaze said:
EmperorOfCanada said:
You should be able to as long as you have IOS 38 installed.

I keep hearing this, but I DON'T have IOS38 installed (Checked with Channel File Manager and Title Lister), but my AC:CF works fine.

However, I have Starfall and I scrubbed the iso. Maybe starfall is helping on this front?

Installing IOS38 solved a black screen load for me. Not sure why yours works without. magic Wii? =D

QUOTE(jourdy @ Nov 24 2008, 09:31 PM)
Would like to thank EmperorOfCanada for helping me 1on1 with my Wii.
Truly a great person, spending his time to help idiots like me.

I was working on my Wii for days, with no solution.
He talks to me in MSN, and in 10 minutes my Wii was back to normal.

Much appreciated! Am willing to help just about anyone and just about any time getting this running. I have a lot of fun troubleshooting.
Anyone can feel free to send people my way if they want a little extra help 1 on 1.

breakdaze

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
EmperorOfCanada said:
Installing IOS38 solved a black screen load for me. Not sure why yours works without. magic Wii? =D

I dunno... The only other thing I can think of is I used Waninkoko's cIOS 249 v7 installer instead of the one that came with Gamma. I thought they were almost the same except for the Menu Patcher support, but who knows...

erolz

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
do i have to connect my wii online if i want to use the October 23rd fix? or is there a way to do the fix offline?
thanx!

dongato

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Is it still possible to copy installed wads back and forth to the SD card once this fix has been applied?

I applied the fix and could install new wads and copy them to the SD card using the wii menu, but could not copy them back like I used to with 3.2, is this the normal behavior once this fix has been applied or did I do something wrong?

Thanks.

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dongato said:
Is it still possible to copy installed wads back and forth to the SD card once this fix has been applied?

I applied the fix and could install new wads and copy them to the SD card using the wii menu, but could not copy them back like I used to with 3.2, is this the normal behavior once this fix has been applied or did I do something wrong?

Thanks.

I was able to copy the WAD MANAGER 1.3 to a SD Card on 3.4E. Haven't tried any other WADs know.

Your best bet is to just downgrade to 3.2X.

QUOTE(erolz @ Nov 25 2008, 09:08 AM) do i have to connect my wii online if i want to use the October 23rd fix? or is there a way to do the fix offline?
thanx!

I'm afraid you have to connect to the Internet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • light27 @ light27:
    happy birthday
  • light27 @ light27:
    OIP.19q3E5NK_Mdn0K35CZWrWQHaJ4
    for you bro
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @light27, it's actually tommorrow but thx
  • light27 @ light27:
    oh it’s the least I could do
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, stop stealing my phrases
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    why
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, it's not funny
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    ok
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wut?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That's not funny
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    So two cannibals where eating a clown and one says to the other. Hey does this taste funny to you?
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What do you call a slow car? Retired
    +1
    Did you hear about the police car that someone stole the wheels off of? The police are working tirelessly to find the thieves.
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A firefighter got arrested for assault his main claim was what I was told he was on fire
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What do you call a hooker with a runny nose? Full
    +2
    What do you tell a woman with two black eyes? Nothing you already told her twice!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Diddy also works
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A scientist heard the word batman so he put a naked lady in a cage with a bat
    Chuck Norris won a staring contest, with the sun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    A vampires favorite thing to do is moon you
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What's the difference between an airplane, and Ken's mom? Not everyone has been in an airplane.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What's the difference between @BigOnYa and his wife? Nothing both want to bone me
    +2
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: How much wood could a wood chuck chuck if a wood chuck could chuck norris