Hacking October 23rd Wii Fix by ‘a_running_pir8’.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megacherv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
drschplatt said:
Megacherv said:
Project_Zero said:
I am having one issue. After i used the part with the Shop Fix it froze and now HomeBrew Channel doesnt work anymore
sad.gif

Everything else on my Wii works so its not bricked. But now HomeBrew Channel will not load...it just black screens.

Alright people, can we please have some help here? 3 people at least are having this problem, and we're needing a solution. Pleas,e can somebody help or point us in the right direction?

I'm assuming here it's not that people won't help us, it's that maybe they can't.

I have a solution thanks to wchill! First, did you do it with any USB or GC accessories plugged in?

Megacherv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Okay still having problems here. Since I'm still unable to boot the HBC, wchill told me to install IOS50 from a Brawl disc, and to install a patched IOS51. I'm confused at this, since he's read the guide, and IOS51 was already installed and patched in the guide.

Any suggestions or other methods?

drschplatt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Megacherv said:
drschplatt said:
Megacherv said:
Project_Zero said:
I am having one issue. After i used the part with the Shop Fix it froze and now HomeBrew Channel doesnt work anymore
sad.gif

Everything else on my Wii works so its not bricked. But now HomeBrew Channel will not load...it just black screens.

Alright people, can we please have some help here? 3 people at least are having this problem, and we're needing a solution. Pleas,e can somebody help or point us in the right direction?

I'm assuming here it's not that people won't help us, it's that maybe they can't.

I have a solution thanks to wchill! First, did you do it with any USB or GC accessories plugged in?

As far as I know, nothing was plugged it. I did not use USB and I don't own any GC (assuming you mean Game Cube) stuff.

Something I'm editing in. I've been searching and searching through these forums and I'm having trouble because I don't even really know what I'm looking for. Is there a way I can redo my Wii so that all the patches, changes and all the crap I did before I screwed over my HBC are gone? I understand bootmii can do something like that but I'm not sure how to go about it or how to use it. Could someone just point me to the right place on this forum? It seems every other bootmii thread gives a different answer on what to do.

fontimania

Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya, my problem is still exactly the same.

I have a PAL system, with version 3.4E and I cannot get the right IOS, I experience -2011 of -1.

I dont even understand what I'm doing any more- I've tried everything.

Can anyone tell me where to to find the correct CIOS? I used that "Wii fix tools" and when I try to install the WAD but the only ones I have are 1)WAD-MANAGER_V1.R.DOL, 2)CIOS36_rev5-64-v1042.wad, 3)cIOS_249-rev6_rr.wad

And the result is error-2011.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

thirdchild

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this issue, and found it was being cause by the new HB. Just get the Homebrew Channel 9 Beta from the first page of this post. It should work. Load this as per usual, Zelda, or Bannerbomb..

Megacherv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
thirdchild said:
I had this issue, and found it was being cause by the new HB. Just get the Homebrew Channel 9 Beta from the first page of this post. It should work. Load this as per usual, Zelda, or Bannerbomb..

I thought the HBC beta 9 couldn't be installed via BannerBomb...I could get my friend's copy and use it with the Backup Launcher...would that work?

mariox2098

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thirdchild said:

Does HBC beta9 work on 3.4U? Cuz i had the same problem with homebrew channel going black after the "install ios51" froze when exiting. The hbc installer said 3.4 wasnt compatible but i could still go ahead with installing it, should i? and did anyone find any other solutions to this problem?

Megacherv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have the backup launcher working, and my friend has a backup copy of Twilight Princess. if it's the correct region, will it still work with the Twilight Hack? This way, I'm able to install HBC Beta 9

Golfman560

TheRapist.com
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Megacherv said:
I have the backup launcher working, and my friend has a backup copy of Twilight Princess. if it's the correct region, will it still work with the Twilight Hack? This way, I'm able to install HBC Beta 9

Using Bannerbomb to install the HBC would be much easier. And how does one have a working backup launcher but not the HBC?

Megacherv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
WAD Manager installed as a channel using Bannerbomb to launch regular Wad Manager, then using the newly installed WAD Manager to install the backup launcher as a channel. Again though, I thought that normally the HBC betas couldn't be instlled via BannerBomb

RadioShadow

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Can a mod lock this topic please. It is out of date and I have no plans on updating it.

Megacherv

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
RadioShadow said:
Can a mod lock this topic please. It is out of date and I have no plans on updating it.

...but we're still needing help with it...it wouldn't make sense to close the topic

xologist

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey when I click IOS DOWNGRADER (not custom ios downgrader), I get a black screen.. and it just remains black unless i cut off power to Wii

what can i do?

figstimpy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am trying to mod a 3.4u wii. When i use the twilight hack it downloads all the files and then instead of rebooting when done like it normally does it just goes back to the press A to take the risk screen.

Any ideas

The Cadet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm having problems with this.

I installed BootMii as brick protection. So far, so good. Well, as soon as that happens, all my HBC apps start crashing. Ooookay... So I put them on the SD card again, and they work. So I use the CIOS with the installer. Now it crashes on start. If I don't start the Wii through Bootmii, it crashes. It also crashes half the time normally.

I look a NAND backup beforehand; I reset it. You know that screen where it has the progress? It was about 1/3 gray. Is this bad?

Also, finally, what USB loader should I use to run a game with SD codes?

sbeanz

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi.
I have a PAL wii (think it currently is version 4.1E) and i've had the homebrew channel for a while and have had no issues. recently i've had trouble with a few wads and haven't been able to get them to work. sometimes they wont install at all and i get the error "ret = -2011" and other times they will install but when i click on the channel and try to get them to start i get the error "this channel cannot be used". I found this fix guide and followed the steps in the "Wii Fix Guide" and everything installed fine however the wads still do not work and i still get the same error when trying to install them via wad manager v1.3. I've tried using "freethewads.exe" to convert the region of the wad to PAL and have also tried region free but still no luck. Do you have any idea how to fix this problem and get the wads to work?
Cheers
sbeanz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu