Hacking NTRCardHax Progress?

d3m3vilurr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
can i downgrade to 9.2 from 10.3 with this?
that's depends device region, but actually you don't need downgrade to 9.2.
downgrade 9.2 is only one reason, just can launch arm9 payload.
but ntrcardhax also can do this.
so, you can just do next step (like install a9lh or ctr transfer 2.x) instead extra downgrade.

i mean, minimum target downgrade version changed 10.3 from 9.2
(but this hax still require extra devices)

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
that's depends device region, but actually you don't need downgrade to 9.2.
downgrade 9.2 is only one reason, just can launch arm9 payload.
but ntrcardhax also can do this.
so, you can just do next step (like install a9lh or ctr transfer 2.x) instead extra downgrade.

i mean, minimum target downgrade version changed 10.3 from 9.2
(but this hax still require extra devices)

OK i need to know how to use this though...i grabbed your Decrypt9WIP.bin. I dont see the option to dump/inject the payload. i have an ak2i (hopefully it will be compatible!) and plenty of a9lh 3ds xl systems already.

i need to downgrade a system from 10.3 to 9.2 and if this will do it, then this is my only option (trust me i've tried everything possible to get this done).

thanks in advance!

EDIT: i found it, i wasnt launching the modded decrypt9 properly. im working on it now.

Last edited by VashTS,

d3m3vilurr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
OK i need to know how to use this though...i grabbed your Decrypt9WIP.bin. I dont see the option to dump/inject the payload. i have an ak2i (hopefully it will be compatible!) and plenty of a9lh 3ds xl systems already.

i need to downgrade a system from 10.3 to 9.2 and if this will do it, then this is my only option (trust me i've tried everything possible to get this done).

thanks in advance!
well, you can find dump & inject option from NDS Flashcart options
i don't know why you want to downgrade, but you can just use sysdowngrader instead this method.
but downgrade 9.2 only support o3ds and jap/eng/eur n3ds

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well, you can find dump & inject option from NDS Flashcart options
i don't know why you want to downgrade, but you can just use sysdowngrader instead this method.
but downgrade 9.2 only support o3ds and jap/eng/eur n3ds

I did find the option, i edted my post, sorry! i was using the wrong payload.

i cannot use sysdowngrader through normal homebrew methods. please don't worry about how i need to downgrade, i assure you this 3ds does not let me into homebrew in any other way! its got a bad downgrade so its stuck. i can barely boot the system most of the time.

im flashing my ak2i now :)

so once this is done - i just put a payload on the root of the SD card, rename it to "load.bin" and it will launch when i launch the NDS card?

ArmoredGuns1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump for a big update on ntrcardhax.

@d3m3vilurr has finally achieved public implementation of ntrcardhax for his korean new3ds. Hopefully, he can provide some instructions on how to install it. :)

https://github.com/d3m3vilurr/ntrcardhax/tree/more (payload tool and 3dsx exploit launcher)
https://github.com/d3m3vilurr/Decrypt9WIP/releases (payload flasher for ak2i embedded in d9)

People may be asking why do we need this when there's already a9 sploits on 9.2. Because, with this, we can use dgtool potentially to downgrade nfirm to 10.3 and just use ntrcardhax right there on firmware 11.x to install a9lh. In short, we can avoid the risk and trouble of ctrnand downgrades to 9.2 completely.

Does firmware 11.x really supports 10.3 Nfirm?

d3m3vilurr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did find the option, i edted my post, sorry! i was using the wrong payload.

i cannot use sysdowngrader through normal homebrew methods. please don't worry about how i need to downgrade, i assure you this 3ds does not let me into homebrew in any other way! its got a bad downgrade so its stuck. i can barely boot the system most of the time.

im flashing my ak2i now :)

so once this is done - i just put a payload on the root of the SD card, rename it to "load.bin" and it will launch when i launch the NDS card?
load.bin location is 3ds's sd root.
in 3ds hbl, launch ntrcardhax_arm11 then insert flashed ak2i

zoogie

playing around in the end of life
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Micronesia, Federated States of
Tried this on multiple US systems (and a EU 2ds), new and old, different firmwares. Same result, just says "OVERFLOW" then glitched text and freeze.

d3m3vilurr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tried this on multiple US systems (and a EU 2ds), new and old, different firmwares. Same result, just says "OVERFLOW" then glitched text and freeze.
are you injected right target version?
i tested new3ds 10.1, 10.3 and old3ds 9.1
in my cases, sometimes need reboot like your case. (or eject & reinsert)
and please share your detail firm version info and ak2i_patch.bin in your sd(d3m3vilurr at gmail.com)

actually ntrcardhax only related native firm versions(not device region), so if you can share your detail version, i'll recheck that target version's working result.

and also require right arm9 payload binary(it's actually same as payload for a9lh). what use this?

Last edited by d3m3vilurr,

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what's your device region? why cannot use hbl?
There was a botched downgrade done. Launching a game automatically freezes upon launch (on a rare occasion i launched oothax 2x back to back but of course it failed to load both times), going to settings freezes immediately, browser is not accessible. So yeah - any entry point does not work.

Also tried system update to 11.0 via cart, system updated to 11.2 via wifi. Again trust me, I've tried everything. This devices need a new entry point and it has to be very different (like soundhax if that ever becomes reality).

I need to get to sysdowngrader via some other way with a9 privilege but without a game, browser or system settings. i have nand dumps from 10.3-11.2 since its hard modded. If only I could just put the proper files in the dump :cry:

d3m3vilurr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

d3m3vilurr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I've got something going on right now, but I'll get in touch with you about my failed attempts in a day or two.
yep, also can you share your ak2i bootloader version? maybe you need downgrade bootrom

---

few minute ago, I was tested, you need downgrade ak2i bootrom to 1.41 :/

Last edited by d3m3vilurr,

Razor83

Trophies
XP
Country
Also, any chance the code can be ported to the R4i Gold?

I believe the bootloader for both cards is stored on a 16Mbit flash memory chip:-
Acekard 2i - SST39VF1681
R4i Gold - W25Q16BVSIG
@d3m3vilurr Is there any chance this could also support the R4i Gold?
It would be really useful as its a popular DS flash cart with upgradeable bootloader.

Last edited by Razor83,

Dracari

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
two updates

1. flasher for nds and ndsl; https://github.com/d3m3vilurr/ak2i_ntrcardhax_flasher/releases/tag/v1.0
only tested on ndsl (i don't have dsi, so don't know working result on dsi device)
2. update modified d9wip https://github.com/d3m3vilurr/Decrypt9WIP/releases/tag/20161113-ak2i-5

your cart cannot use nds devices after inject ntrcardhax payload.
so if you want recover this problem, do not exit flasher application.
application support reflash and recover bootrom until exit.
gave a try w/ my old DSI on 1.4.4, Nada. The DSi if im correct Disables the SLOT-1 if its removed till Device reset. i'm not sure if i'm on a bootrom above 1.41 but i wouldnt mind pming you what i have dumped.

Edit: PM'd what was on my Ak2i at the time i first dumepd it and after finding a copy of the 1.4.1 (Alex Rider) upgrader, "downgraded" mine then dumped it.

Last edited by Dracari,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/FdYTKAVSsXY?si=9E-2AU0JN-4hRZi3