Gaming NP reviews of Zelda and other 3DS games

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
mysticwaterfall said:
Here's what they say about Navi:

"There are so many clear improvements in the N3DS release that it's tough to quibble, but I could do without the extra comments from Link's fairy companion Navi, whose distracting alerts were already borderline annoying in the original game. While she does sometimes give useful hints, more often then not she interrupts the game to repeatedly suggest that you take a break from playing or go watch a hint movie. Turning to her for advice when I'm hopelessly stuck only to get great tips like 'Keep Moving!' or 'The barrier is blocking the door, there must be some way of opening it' is like pouring salt into a wound."
SHIT! This reminds me of Animal Crossing.
Each time you forget to save, the next time you turn on the game that Mole comes and gives a lecture thats about.. 10 minutes long(OR LONGER). DONT FORGET TO SAVE GRRRRRRRR!

KingVamp

Haaah-hahahaha!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ikki said:
She tells you to take a break? Fuck, Nintendo, don't be annoying.
They have the same suggestion in Mario Galaxy and even the 3DS bird says that.

It sometime just make me play longer.
laugh.gif

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
KingVamp said:
Ikki said:
She tells you to take a break? Fuck, Nintendo, don't be annoying.
They have the same suggestion in Mario Galaxy and even the 3DS bird says that.
Yeah but this one is probably timed. The fat purple excuse of a star told that to you between galaxies.

pachura

Trophies
XP
Country
Lightning said:
They just don´t want to give it 10/10. They were supposed to have a reason for that. Well here we have it!

I call it bullshit. Navi is like the original OOT. According to yt gameplay vids.

Yeah right, some noname from a forum is right and an established Nintendo gaming magazine which is actually in possession of the game - not ?

geoflcl

Permanent GBAtemp Newbie
Trophies
Website
loganderb.in
XP
Country
United States
RodrigoCamilo said:
a new trailer launched[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bbFmaOUS_bg[/youtube]

Goodness, does Ocarina of Time's music sound delightful in this trailer.

I suppose they're just teasing us, aren't they? I imagine the game itself retains the same ol', unorchestrated music from the original N64 version.

Not that it's a deal-breaker, of course. But that trailer's rendition is simply much too fantastic.
cry.gif

hunter291

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Link pulls the mastersword out of the sword... holding... thingie (brain fart
tongue.gif
) and turns years older. when he puts it back, he turns young again. wasn't this time traveling ? oO

Ikki

GBATemp's grumpy panda.
Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Schizoanalysis said:
Blaze163 said:
Ironic that a game about time travel never gets old.

Surely you mean Majora's Mask?

There's no time travel in OOT...
Yes, yes there is.

@Above: No, that is technically him being derp'd for seven years but the inverse (putting the sword back) is travelling back in time.

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ikki said:
Schizoanalysis said:
Blaze163 said:

Yes, yes there is.

Where? I've drawn a blank. I played the game right through about 10 years ago (or whenever it first came out) and I can't think of it.

m3rox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
Ikki said:
Schizoanalysis said:
Blaze163 said:

Yes, yes there is.

Where? I've drawn a blank. I played the game right through about 10 years ago (or whenever it first came out) and I can't think of it.

You don't count the time traveling in the temple of time (switching between adult link and kid link) time traveling?

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
m3rox said:
Schizoanalysis said:
Ikki said:
Schizoanalysis said:
Blaze163 said:

Yes, yes there is.

You don't count the time traveling in the temple of time (switching between adult link and kid link) time traveling?

I forgot that bit -- but I guess I would't call OOT a game "about" time travel.
I would call MM a game "about" time travel though. That is the main part of MM.
I would say travelling through vast open spaces is the main part of OOT (a game about "space" travel!)

Just me.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I usually wouldn't trust a formerly Nintendo-operated magazine for reviews on Nintendo games. My dad used to get a subscription to it and I'd read 'em on the crapper and I find their reviews to be quite slanted.

As for the rest, they seem like typical reviews. Odds are they'd have averaged out to around that anyway.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
mysticwaterfall said:
Here's what they say about Navi:

"There are so many clear improvements in the N3DS release that it's tough to quibble, but I could do without the extra comments from Link's fairy companion Navi, whose distracting alerts were already borderline annoying in the original game. While she does sometimes give useful hints, more often then not she interrupts the game to repeatedly suggest that you take a break from playing or go watch a hint movie. Turning to her for advice when I'm hopelessly stuck only to get great tips like 'Keep Moving!' or 'The barrier is blocking the door, there must be some way of opening it' is like pouring salt into a wound."

WHY! I'll take a damn break when i want to! Not when a ****ing fairy tells me too
hate2.gif

And all these years i was thinking navi couldn't possibly annoy me more, (though i am now immune to "hey, hey, listen...etc" as i've had it as my ringtone for the last year
cool.gif
)

But meh... suppose i'll have to put up with it.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jamesaa said:
WHY! I'll take a damn break when i want to! Not when a ****ing fairy tells me too
hate2.gif

So Nintendo isn't liable when your eyes start bleeding from playing 10 hours of Zelda on max 3D settings (exaggeration). Even though it says in the console to like take a break if you experience these symptoms or every 20 minutes or something.

HEY LISTEN.

jamesaa

The Prince of Insufficient Light
Trophies
XP
Guild McCommunist said:
jamesaa said:
hate2.gif

So Nintendo isn't liable when your eyes start bleeding from playing 10 hours of Zelda on max 3D settings (exaggeration). Even though it says in the console to like take a break if you experience these symptoms or every 20 minutes or something.

HEY LISTEN.

I'm willing to bet the manuals will state the whole take a break stuff as does the health and safety channel on the console, that should be more than enough to protect Nintendo when my eyes explode, i found the health screen on my DS/Lite annoying enough (so i flashme'd it away) and now i'm getting pestered in games
mad.gif

Won't be long until we must take a 1 hour break for every 10 minutes of gameplay
dry.gif

But anyhows, getting a bit off topic now.

WOOO Zelda sooooon! (which reminds me, must go update my address on the pre-order)

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
I would say travelling through vast open spaces is the main part of OOT (a game about "space" travel!)

Just me.
And in MM you time travel via the Ocarina of Time.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Schizoanalysis said:

Just me.

We just have different takes.
What I remember of OOT is not the element of time travel (but the element of travelling through vast spaces). But what I remember of MM is that darn pesky clock that keeps resetting and turfing me back to the start of day 1.

I played these games 10 or so years ago... so I only remember the broad brushstrokes.

machomuu

Drops by occasionally
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Schizoanalysis said:
machomuu said:
Schizoanalysis said:

Just me.

What I remember of OOT is not the element of time travel (but the element of travelling through vast spaces). But what I remember of MM is that darn pesky clock that keeps resetting and turfing me back to the start of day 1.

I played these games 10 or so years ago... so I only remember the broad brushstrokes.
Well technically it was more relevant in OoT because of the Master Sword (when put back or pulled out, 7 years passed for Link, an equivalent to time travel, I don't see where you get the idea of traveling through vast spaces). While you did have to go back in time in MM, it was more of a reset than time travel (though it still is time travel), as the effects of your actions could not be seen in the future.

Schizoanalysis

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
machomuu said:
Schizoanalysis said:
machomuu said:
Schizoanalysis said:

Just me.

Well technically it was more relevant in OoT because of the Master Sword (when put back or pulled out, 7 years passed for Link, an equivalent to time travel, I don't see where you get the idea of traveling through vast spaces). While you did have to go back in time in MM, it was more of a reset than time travel (though it still is time travel), as the effects of your actions could not be seen in the future.

I would call that tangental to OOT, but OK. I meant the vast space in the middle that you keep having to cross. The map of the game was constructed around an expansive central field.

I would call time travel (the reset or the constant travelling back in time) the central aspect of MM, due to its constant repetition. and the inescapable aspect of it.

I honestly can't even remember the element of time travel in OOT (and I did finish the game), so it can't have struck me as a significanrt part of the game.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6ckbBpSKhw