Hacking Not sure which modchip to get...

Louse76

OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Allrighty, from what I read here, it seems that the WiiKey is really the way to go. Is there really any reason I should go any other way?

And I'm going to buy from consolesource or modchipstore in the US. Any reason why I should go for one or the other? Which would get to me quicker? I live in Florida.

And I went by the forum's suggestion and found a guy that does XBOX modding on craigslist. He said it'd be $25 and I'd have to leave it with him overnight. Sound reasonable? I bet I could do it myself, but I don't want to take the chance...

Thanks for any and all input!

adgloride

Its A Wii Wario
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could try softmodding the xbox instead of having someone do it for you. All you need is a memory card and a disc that has an exploit on it like the original splinter cell. The you just download something like Krazies ndure and you then need to copy this to a memory card. Thats all the guy thats charging you $25 will probably be doing.

Ludvigsson

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could try softmodding the xbox instead of having someone do it for you. All you need is a memory card and a disc that has an exploit on it like the original splinter cell. The you just download something like Krazies ndure and you then need to copy this to a memory card. Thats all the guy thats charging you $25 will probably be doing.

I think he meant the XBOX-chipper guy will chip his wii........

shtonkalot

Can't hold on much longer, But I'll never let go!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
You could try softmodding the xbox instead of having someone do it for you. All you need is a memory card and a disc that has an exploit on it like the original splinter cell. The you just download something like Krazies ndure and you then need to copy this to a memory card. Thats all the guy thats charging you $25 will probably be doing.
The OP is talking about getting their Wii modded. They've found someone to do it from their advertisement for XBOX mods.

To the OP. Sounds like an OK deal, price seems good. Doesn't take very long to solder in though so if the installer isn't busy ask and maybe you can have it the same day?
I do Wii chip installs with a 3 hour turnaround or a while you wait service.

I believe the WiiKey is the best commercial chip out at the moment, but I'm yet to try one.

7llusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Sorry of this is the wrong topic but, will Wiikey ever be able to support RW DVD, because wasting just 1 DVD for an update seems pretty useless...
Illusion

7llusion

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Well I think I'll get myself a Wiikey!
What's better for France, Foundmy or EurAsia?
The official thread isn't really updated.
Illusion

Louse76

OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States

I did mean that he would chip my Wii, but also I want him to flash my friend's xbox 360 drive. I thought for that one you had to take it apart and connect the SATA cable to a computer to flash the firmware... no?

What are you talking about? Could you give me a link with info?

MaHe

one lazy schmo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Slovenia
None, all current modchips are rip-offs.
Yeah, what is WiiKey rip-off off?

EDIT: Did you mean the price?
shy.gif

Louse76

OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
You could try softmodding the xbox instead of having someone do it for you. All you need is a memory card and a disc that has an exploit on it like the original splinter cell. The you just download something like Krazies ndure and you then need to copy this to a memory card. Thats all the guy thats charging you $25 will probably be doing.The OP is talking about getting their Wii modded. They've found someone to do it from their advertisement for XBOX mods.

To the OP. Sounds like an OK deal, price seems good. Doesn't take very long to solder in though so if the installer isn't busy ask and maybe you can have it the same day?
I do Wii chip installs with a 3 hour turnaround or a while you wait service.

I believe the WiiKey is the best commercial chip out at the moment, but I'm yet to try one.

He just told me that he prefers to keep it overnight so he does not feel rushed. I can understand that. It's likely he will want time to test etc, and I don't think he's done a Wii yet.

He also promised to buy me a new Wii if he bricks mine. I will be sure that I have all the pertinent information to make sure that this would happen.

kai445

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None, all current modchips are rip-offs.

Wiip! is only $20 and free shipping, and looks pretty nice as far as drivechips go.

By comparison a Chiip is like $10-11 for parts & shipping and you still have to build it.

Both play Wii and GC backups, both boot GC homebrew, both have AudioFix, both are upgradable.

What other features do you want for the price and for being essentially first-generation? Only things I can think of are Region-Free (which they may support soon or in the future) and booting Wii homebrew (which probably wont happen until real modchips come out).

For

Alastair

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'd go the Wiinja from a moral perspective. It does really everything that all the others do but they were first. The Wiip is a good option IF your Wii supports it though.

Is the guy from Craig's List 'Timmy' on 34th (or 35th? I forgot) avenue? If so, I'd highly recommend him. Had 3 consols modded by him and no problems with any of them as well as a very friendly quick guy. I'm surprised about this 'overnight' business though...

rkenshin

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'd go the Wiinja from a moral perspective. It does really everything that all the others do but they were first. The Wiip is a good option IF your Wii supports it though.

Is the guy from Craig's List 'Timmy' on 34th (or 35th? I forgot) avenue? If so, I'd highly recommend him. Had 3 consols modded by him and no problems with any of them as well as a very friendly quick guy. I'm surprised about this 'overnight' business though...

Well if you're referring to Wiinja V1 then it doesn't do everything the competition (mainly WiiKey does)

I mean it couldn't be updated, had hardware incompatibility problems and even some DRE problems too, only when they announced the Wiinja Deluxe that it was on par with Wiikey but too little too late.. (3 revisions in less than two months, yeesh, great product indeed)

Louse76

OP
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, Wiinja isn't even in the running. Not with the issues with the first run and the fact that it's just on a silly little chip.

That and most products that I've seen that play on the ninja name aren't usually the best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, it wasnt aimed at you but ok