Hacking not on latest update but still playing online?

jammybudga777

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a ps4 pro on 5.01 but noticed everyone saying theres a 5.03 update out. why am i still able to play online on a lower firmware?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
either 5.03 is beta (some users already have it, not everyone), it happens when they add a lot of new features.
either sony didn't think it's mandatory because it doesn't fix a vulnerability and/or doesn't add any online/interacting with other users feature.

Reactions: jammybudga777

BvanBart

Gaming addict #2 and some
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Sony is not so picky anymore for no online access when not on the latest firmware. It is however stated in the PSN+ agreement that you can not ask for a refund of any sort when not on the latest firmware.

Reactions: Cyan

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
There are mandatory updates, and there are minor updates.

You can still play online without the minor updates. That's why PSN still works on 5.01. And they probably didn't add anything PSN-related in 5.03.

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
It depends on whether the update does include changes regarding the PSN API in general (and of course if it's a vulnerability patch).

If not then you won't be force to update when you try to get online. It would be a PITA if you have to back support 65535 different iterations of the old API.

(But they did it mainly for the sake of vulnerability patch I think.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://youtu.be/Gy3BOmvLf2w?list=OLAK5uy_k27izUIERfT-RIE1qN1CHIOIkW4h5A9BY Play this song if...