Hacking Noob question- Duplicating wbfs files to a 2nd external hard drive for storage purpose only?

peruvianman

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good evening everyone,
I'm not a tech savvy person so please don't bash/hate me for this question....

I made backups of all my 45 original wii game discs (wbfs format) and placed them on my new formatted FAT32 1tb external hard drive.

I would like to make an extra copy of all these wbfs files on a secondary HDD which is NTFS format where I keep personal files, family pics & vids. This is for STORAGE PURPOSE ONLY (in case my fat32 hdd dies out).

Should I just connect both NTFS HDD and FAT32 HDD to my laptop, create a wbfs folder in my NTFS HDD and COPY/PASTE all my wbfs files to this folder?

Is it recommended to use my fat32 hdd for wii games ONLY or can use it to store/play music and movies on my sorround system/tv?

Thanks in advance for your advise :)

Deletr753

Trophies
XP
Country
Guatemala
Good evening everyone,
I'm not a tech savvy person so please don't bash/hate me for this question....

I made backups of all my 45 original wii game discs (wbfs format) and placed them on my new formatted FAT32 1tb external hard drive.

I would like to make an extra copy of all these wbfs files on a secondary HDD which is NTFS format where I keep personal files, family pics & vids. This is for STORAGE PURPOSE ONLY (in case my fat32 hdd dies out).

Should I just connect both NTFS HDD and FAT32 HDD to my laptop, create a wbfs folder in my NTFS HDD and COPY/PASTE all my wbfs files to this folder?

Is it recommended to use my fat32 hdd for wii games ONLY or can use it to store/play music and movies on my sorround system/tv?

I believe FAT32 is for Gamecube games and WBFS format is for Wii games. Individual files on an FAT32 drive can’t be over 4 GB in size so for music you are ok but movies and tv, you will have some issues.

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy

Yes, you've just to copy and paste.

Yes you can use your fat32 hard drive for everything, i use itmfpr wii emulators and in the past, prior to the mkv for sroring movies that i used to see with wiith Wiimc, the Wii and his loaders (usb loader gx, nintendont) simply doesn't care of them.

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just connect both drives and use Wii Backup Manager to copy them. It will handle splitting any files that need it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-