dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Okay overall the conference wasn't bad. They actually announced three cool games. But they could have doesn't so much more. They repeated so much crap form last year. We know what wii motion plus is Nintendo. We don't need it to be repeated to us. And yes we have an internet connection. We already no about the conduit and dead space. They should have brought up more filler titles such as Sin and Punishment, Cosmic Walker, and other stuff like that. It just seems like they have three great games right now when we should be think they have three great games as well as some more good games. Quality and quantity was needed after last years E3. Oh and Metroid; I'm still not sure about that. It looks cool all action-y and what not. But thats not really metroid. It just seems like they may forget what metroid really is. Will have to see more. Oh and I'm just so gald to get a story in a metroid game for once.

Sstew

GBAtemp's Grim Reaper.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My take on it:

New Super Mario Bros Wii: Really? They showed one level, never even showed Single player... What If you have no friends... this looks crappy. - Not worth my time
Super Mario Galaxy 2: Yay. Sorta. I would really love a newer version of Super Mario 64 though. Galaxy wasn't all that great.
Metroid: Sweet. highlight of the conference really.
Wii Vitality: Um no thanks.
WiiFit+ That would be a big no for me. It's hardly even an updated version!
WiiMotion+ : I'm gonna get it wish they had showed more of it in 3rd party rather than Wii Sports though
RE: Not a fan of on the Rail shooters. Would have preferred a ported 5 that plays similar to RE4
Golden Sun: Not a fan
Mario/ Luigi 3 RPG. Loved the first 2 I'm sure I'll enjoy this.

*Mad at no mention of Pokemon or a Zelda. Too much Mario this year really.
HATE that lady announcer in the white. Annoying as hell expression less to.

The Guardian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
dinofan01 said:
Satangel said:
a title loads of people have asked for for years!
What's that? Oh and can someone enlighten me on the release dated for the mario games. Thanks

Golden Sun DS

Overall it was a good conference. If Nintendo was gonna anounce something big they would hold a seperate conference i.e. the DSi in order to get all the headlines, and to escape the overly high expectations of E3

nagareboshi

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Sstew said:
*Mad at no mention of Pokemon or a Zelda. Too much Mario this year really.
HATE that lady announcer in the white. Annoying as hell expression less to.

Yeah, way too much Mario. Seriously, what's so damn good about those games?
I was kinda annoyed that they still don't have an exact release date for Flipnote Studio and no date for Wario Ware DYI at all.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
SMG 2, New Super Mario Bros. Wii, Metroid Other M, and Golden Sun DS = Only thing worth my time.

I just finished watching all the conferences, and my favorite is Sony's, because they just kept showing game after game after game.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
I thought the new Metroid game looked pretty good, but don't own a Wii so can't really get too excited about it. On the DS side I thought Cop looked good, I'm looking forward to Mario RPG but I've already had a look at the Japanese version so that didn't get me all that excited.

Was a little annoyed by the fact that the new Mario Vs DK is going to be DSiWare only. I actually really liked the first two. It's not the kind of game that's gonna convince me a DSi is a must have handheld either so really they're just losing sales by doing that.

Never played the other Golden Sun games so not all that excited about it, it did look pretty nice though. I wish they'd have had enough of Zelda done to be able to show it off a little. It's one I'm really looking forward to.

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
NO PIKMIN 3
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Nintendo could have just stood on stage and said "Golden Sun DS 2010" and walked off and I'd still think it was an awesome press conference.''

Apart from that though, no DSi Virtual Console? I thought that'd be a shoe in.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Opium said:
Apart from that though, no DSi Virtual Console? I thought that'd be a shoe in.
aww man. I forgot all about that. Just another strike on their E3 showing. Their lucky Galaxy 2 and Metroid count as alot of pluses.

WB3000

Trophies
Website
wb3000.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
I think the concept behind games reacting to internal body pulse/feelings is a pretty good idea, however I don't think the hardware they showed will allow for much more than what was mentioned in the "relaxation" side of things. I can't really judge the Vitality Sensor yet, it will be still a mystery come next E3 most likely.

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well it wasnt as lame as last year, however still not that great compared to the other
looks like nintendo will pull 3rd again this year in E3
( yet they are still 1st in everything sales wise d: )

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WB3000 said:
I think the concept behind games reacting to internal body pulse/feelings is a pretty good idea, however I don't think the hardware they showed will allow for much more than what was mentioned in the "relaxation" side of things. I can't really judge the Vitality Sensor yet, it will be still a mystery come next E3 most likely.
I'm sorry but that thing is stupid. Unless the thing goes through a redesign, that game will be restricted to casual games only. The obvious use for this in a hardcore game is the horror genre. However no developer is going to be able to produce a proper game for it unless the peripheral has a pass through for the nunchuck. Even then how can you properly use the nunchuck if you have a giant dongle on your finger?

The Guardian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I think the Vitality Sensor is aimed more at the Wii Fit market more than anything else. A game to help insomniacs fall asleep. Monitor your heart rate while working out with Wii Fit, all of these health oriented things are definitely aimed at baby boomers.

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The show was just about what I figured, which is to say they showed nothing I care about. The Metroid game is not for DS, nor is it 2D, so it's worthless to me. I don't like cutesy Mario games. RPG's (Golden Sun, Zelda) bore me. Don't care one iota for the WiiFit or that pulse sensor junk. That "Cop" game just looks like some sort of GTA knock-off.

Glad you guys have some games to be excited for, but me, I'm still waiting. I just hope some 3rd parties will have something to show that will interest me in the coming days. Of course, what does it really matter.....I'll just download all the DS stuff anyway, whether I intend to play it or not.
unsure.gif

It will probably be better for everyone if I just go into lurk mode for the rest of this week. I don't need to poop on everyone's excitement with my depressing attitude.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Rayder said:
The show was just about what I figured, which is to say they showed nothing I care about. The Metroid game is not for DS, nor is it 2D, so it's worthless to me. I don't like cutesy Mario games. RPG's (Golden Sun, Zelda) bore me. Don't care one iota for the WiiFit or that pulse sensor junk. That "Cop" game just looks like some sort of GTA knock-off.

Glad you guys have some games to be excited for, but me, I'm still waiting. I just hope some 3rd parties will have something to show that will interest me in the coming days. Of course, what does it really matter.....I'll just download all the DS stuff anyway, whether I intend to play it or not.
unsure.gif

It will probably be better for everyone if I just go into lurk mode for the rest of this week. I don't need to poop on everyone's excitement with my depressing attitude.
tool late. All games look horrible to me know. sigh....
dry.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.notebookcheck.net/GameMT-E6-Plus-New-retro-gaming-handheld-released-as-ASUS-ROG-Ally-...