• Start date
  • Views 4,622
  • Replies 43
  • Likes 5

BlueStar

Trophies
XP
Country
For me, adult games means "badass", not cutesy. Hardcore can be any game type really, that's just a term for people who game ALL THE TIME. I haven't been a hardcore gamer for many years, but I'm an adult gamer. That means I don't want to play flower-and-bunny games, I want to play badass games that are cool, not cute.

Do adults use words like "badass" to describe games? :huh:

I'd call games like the Imagine series, games based on stuff like Ben 10 etc kids games.

I'd say stuff like Mario, Sonic etc were "universal" games played by all ages.

I'd classify games which try to be "badass" and involve space marines with guns for arms and chainsaws for guns etc as teenager games.

And I'd classify stuff like Professor Layton, Picross, Neves, Trivial Pursuit (the Wii version of which is actually pretty great) and Brain Training as games aimed at adults.

Talking mainly about around 12 year olds, which seem to dominate the internet somehow >.>

If you're really going to feel prosecuted by "12 year olds"...

I blame Phoenix Wright for influencing these kids /Jack Thompson

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I think a good example of an "Adult Hardcore" game would be something like The Witcher 2. Its plot is complex and deals with politics and what is considered to be more adult themes, it contains some adult language and nudity but not enough to be considered vulgar. It's not just a "KILL ALL THE THINGS!!!!" kind of game, it immerses the player into the game world.

So I suppose my own definition of an Adult Hardcore game would be some sort of mix between complex, immersible plot along with an adult sense of content. Something that means more than just "I'M GOING TO KILL ALL OF THESE SOLDIERS BECAUSE THE GAME TELLS ME TO", perhaps even go as far as giving the player his/her own reason in which to continue on in the game. By my definition there really isn't a lot of these kinds of games.

Hop2089

Cute>Hot
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Do you know what Nintendo needs to stay relevant? Some goddamn adult games. I'm sick of Mario, Zelda, Pokemon or whatever other sick creation that they make for children these days. Adults are the ones that purchase your system so it makes sense to create games geared towards them. I am a adult gamer which means I want to play adult games. I'm not sure if they are just incompetent but by now, it should have been apparent that adult games are the best way to bring in more revenue. I hope Nintendo has realized that by now and starts releasing some more adult games this generation. Like Wii Fit. For my adult mom.

There was an adult game called We Dare but got banned everywhere except Europe. Also, Nintendo is the wrong company for most "adult games" unless you are into 2D girls and/or an otaku and you'll need to import for all of those even then PSP still dominates Otaku pandering material, remember Nintendo makes games that are more suited for everyone than one demographic.

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
One thing to take into account are the actual generations and influence of the gamers. I myself have been playing video games since the early Atari age (shows just how old I am), and while I like an occasional shooter now and then, I'm more accustomed to play games like Mario because that's what I grew up with. Do I care for blood, gore, and sex? Not really, but others might. Does that mean I'm not "hardcore"? Not necessarily, but then again, that doesn't mean those that like blood, gore and sex in their games are "hardcore". The term hardcore in itself has taken the form of something not just complex, but graphic with eye-popping visuals, chaotic situations and whatnot in today's society, whereas in my time, hardcore referred to just that, being "hard to the core".

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw