Hardware Nintendo Switch Wifi Question.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have a AC Dual band router that has a function of Channel Bandwidth, it goes from 20MHZ 40MHZ and 80MHZ. I'm not really sure but when I change the channel to 80MHZ my switch can't connect to the access point. But it works when set to 40MHZ or 20MHZ.

So is this a actual problem or is this known, also what is the channel bandwidth option for? I was worried about it effecting my other systems. :unsure:

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
80 MHz channels are a core part of the 802.11ac spec, and the Switch supports them just fine. In fact that's what my Switch is connected to right now.

At first blush, I suspect the problem may be with the router as opposed to the Switch. But Wifi issues are always so fun to diagnose.

ViRGE

Trophies
XP
Country
Why would you choose 80Mhz? That only works when in direct line of the router with no walls etc. between it.
80MHz is the channel width, not the frequency. The former has no impact on reception; that's decided entirely by the latter. And to that end, 802.11ac operates on the 5GHz band, which is very suitable for home use.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
is that an issue? mine does that too, and i often get the message "the console was disconnected because you entered sleep mode" o something like that
It is for me, it should download games and game updates while on sleep mode (and no software running ofc), but mine does not, and I'm pretty confident it used to do it

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is for me, it should download games and game updates while on sleep mode (and no software running ofc), but mine does not, and I'm pretty confident it used to do it
My system also disconnects when sleep mode, I don't think is a problem but intended for preserving battery when not in dock mode. Having wifi on when not needed would use battery power. Is optional in smartphones.

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
it is pretty annoying, but everyone i know with a switch also has this

My system also disconnects when sleep mode, I don't think is a problem but intended for preserving battery when not in dock mode. Having wifi on when not needed would use battery power. Is optional in smartphones.
Then maybe I only was imaging things :unsure:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.